Gaming Harvest Moon DS-GBA Link on DSi XL?

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am a little late in discovering Harvest Moon DS and got used to playing it on a DSi XL.

I got the GBA Harvest Moon and plugged both into my DS Lite to unlock the extras, but man oh man is that DS Lite screen small! Also, the DS Lite feels like it is about to fall apart in my hands, what with its legendary (lack of) build quality.

Is there some way to play the full game on newer, big screen DS units which do not have slot 2?
Some flashcart voodoo perhaps? A cheat code? patched version?

Update: so I tried an R4 "Revolution for DS" (Wood interface) with the option "link to GBA" on. I found Karen from Mineral Town over at the bridge on Tuesday, so I think the link is working. btw, I tested both with real FoMT cart and 3-ini-1 and both seem to work.

Reactions: siFippo

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am a little late in discovering Harvest Moon DS and got used to playing it on a DSi XL.

I got the GBA Harvest Moon and plugged both into my DS Lite to unlock the extras, but man oh man is that DS Lite screen small! Also, the DS Lite feels like it is about to fall apart in my hands, what with its legendary (lack of) build quality.

Is there some way to play the full game on newer, big screen DS units which do not have slot 2?
Some flashcart voodoo perhaps? A cheat code? patched version?

Update: so I tried an R4 "Revolution for DS" (Wood interface) with the option "link to GBA" on. I found Karen from Mineral Town over at the bridge on Tuesday, so I think the link is working. btw, I tested both with real FoMT cart and 3-ini-1 and both seem to work.

Update: All that is needed is the save file from the DS Lite (the regular .sav file, not any wacky flashcart-specific RTS stuff) once you have unlocked the extras using the FoMT cart. I transferred my save from DS Lite/Revolution to DSi XL/Supercard, no problem and the FoMT-enabled extras did not go away.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is just an unlock thing you can probably replicate it with desmume or something similar, assuming there is not a straight up unlock cheat or mod out there. Desmume allows you to fake GBA carts being present so do that for long enough to unlock what you need and stuff the save back into whatever flash cart or compatibility layer you are using.

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Master110 Yes I've got a savefile. I actually got FoMT from eBay just to link the two games. The extra items and dialog with the FoMT girls is alright, but you CAN'T marry them, which is a big letdown. The game will simply end if you try to.
A link to the linked savefile is here:
https://mega.nz/#!659wlA4C!Rt0jqoHARenOxFVNes5ii4VZDWhsEBlrXy4Ug2Fb2cA

Note: It only works with the V01 (U) version of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good