Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-snip-

After trying to fix the "snipped" problem, I upgraded to the latest hakchi2, and noticed it said to make sure to flash the latest custom firmware, so I did. It wiped all my save data so I thought I could restore it by restoring a backup of nand-c I had. Huge mistake. I really fucked up now. Whenever I flash custom kernal, after the first reboot the system will shutdown at boot. I can flash stock kernel back and it works fine iirc.

Did I fuck up? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. You also dont need to mention that I am an idiot for not following the "Advanced Users Only" message.
Still looking for some help with this.

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After running the new hakchi CE 1.2.1 it has totally wrecked my setup nothing will play can’t find a way to make it work with everything Iv previously installed and it’s a lot
I run usb and use linked option so have hakchi on usb, updated from 1.1.0 for game installs to the newest by over writing the files
It seemed to work, much faster syncing of games which is at 30+gig usually takes about 10-15 mins newest version of hakchi about 5 mins. Win there :)

But then it started giving errors can’t install or delete any games which is the whole point of it
Went back to 1.1.0 and after having to redo all the folders and move all the games about it looks back to normal
Just have to reinstall all the cores again then it’s back to normal hopefully

I really like the new CE 1.2.2 has nice features much faster syncing of games
I have a new 1tb usb hd to mess with might try starting again and seeing if that works

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to upgrade from Hakchi CE 1.1.0 -> 1.2.2 (I'm on USB-HOST). Everything went ok until I turned on the SNES CLASSIC and Hakchi CE 1.2.2 asked me to update
my scripts so I click OK. Then I eventually gave me a WRITE ERROR.

I tried to do a Kernel -> Install \ Repair.. but when I do that I get a write error that it can't create the Hakchi folder and above it it's trying to do something with hakchi/transfer

"mkdir: can't create directory '/hakchi/': Read-only file system"

Last edited by LuckY07,

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried to upgrade from Hakchi CE 1.1.0 -> 1.2.2 (I'm on USB-HOST). Everything went ok until I turned on the SNES CLASSIC and Hakchi CE 1.2.2 asked me to update
my scripts so I click OK. Then I eventually gave me a WRITE ERROR.

I tried to do a Kernel -> Install \ Repair.. but when I do that I get a write error that it can't create the Hakchi folder and above it it's trying to do something with hakchi/transfer

"mkdir: can't create directory '/hakchi/': Read-only file system"

pretty much the same as me it errors saying hd is write protected
certainly a bug somewhere cant add or delete games loads of little errors
this is when i upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.2.2
ill keep messing with it as i love the new faster update and features
currently back at 1.1.0 as that is stable for me

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much the same as me it errors saying hd is write protected
certainly a bug somewhere cant add or delete games loads of little errors
this is when i upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.2.2
ill keep messing with it as i love the new faster update and features
currently back at 1.1.0 as that is stable for me

Last night I chatted with MadMonkey and Pincess_Daphie to work through this. The issue for me came down to a new service they use
for internal network communication called RNDIS (you can see this in network adapters in control panel when you're snes is connected to PC).

Basically DHCP wasn't assigning the IP of my SNES classis, but instead had another IP. I entered a STATIC IP for rndis and everything connected fine.
MadMonkey made a special build for me that uses BOTH internal IP's on SNES classic if the first can't be used. This also works for me and
doesn't force me to use a static IP.

I'm using Hakchi CE 1.2.3 now. (which isn't available)

You can see in my device manager, under network "Remote NDIS Based Internet Sharing Device". That would get an IP such as > Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.206.236(Preferred)

which is WRONG.. the IP should be set to the following for RNDIS (this is what DHCP should set to) >

10.234.137.90 (IP)
255.255.255.0 (SUBNET)
10.234.137.10 (GATEWAY)

I also show a screenshot of what DHCP assigns for my RNDIS (which you can see doesn't have the SNES IP)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 284
Last edited by LuckY07,

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last night I chatted with MadMonkey and Pincess_Daphie to work through this. The issue for me came down to a new service they use
for internal network communication called RNDIS (you can see this in network adapters in control panel when you're snes is connected to PC).

Basically DHCP wasn't assigning the IP of my SNES classis, but instead had another IP. I entered a STATIC IP for rndis and everything connected fine.
MadMonkey made a special build for me that uses BOTH internal IP's on SNES classic if the first can't be used. This also works for me and
doesn't force me to use a static IP.

I'm using Hakchi CE 1.2.3 now. (which isn't available)

You can see in my device manager, under network "Remote NDIS Based Internet Sharing Device". That would get an IP such as > Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.206.236(Preferred)

which is WRONG.. the IP should be set to the following for RNDIS (this is what DHCP should set to) >

10.234.137.90 (IP)
255.255.255.0 (SUBNET)
10.234.137.10 (GATEWAY)
I also show a screenshot of what DHCP assigns for my RNDIS (which you can see doesn't have the SNES IP)

thanks for the info
i think i misread your post my snes classic updated fine with the new hackchi
its when running it from the HD that i now get the media is protected. It wont let me copy anything to my USBHD (using Hakchi CE)
i have no clue how it is write protected (its not) as i can still use it normally
its got my head battered haha

EDIT after a bit of googling I think Iv sorted the usb drive being write protected!!
I used diskpart to unlock attributes and it worked. Can write to and use hakchi again

Last edited by tyjay,

Fra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
uh, i installed hakchi on a new computer and i plugged the nes mini, i flashed the custom kernel again (it was already flashed but i lost the old kernel) and now the computer doesn't detect the nes mini

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 4-21-18**

You can now play Midway-Bally Games + Atari Vector Games with MAME 2003 Xtreme & RetroArch Xtreme Combo. Be sure to install both:) The list of Games you can now run, include:

(Atari Vector) Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Black Widow, Black Widow, Empire Strikes Back, Gravitar, Major Havoc, Quantum, Red Baron, Space Duel, Star Trek, Star Wars, & Tempest.

And, (Midway-Bally) Arch Rivals, Blasted, Crater Raider, Demolition Derby, Discs Of Tron, Domino Man, Journey, Kick, Kozmik Kroozer, Max RPM, Pigskin 621AD, Power Drive, Rampage, Root Beer Tapper, Sarge, Satan's Hollow, Solar Fox, Spy Hunter, Spy Hunter 2, Star Guards, Tapper, Timber, Tri-Sports, Tron, Turbo Tag, Two Tigers, Xenophobe, Wacko, & Zwackery, Enjoy the awesomeness! Personal thanks to Grant5528 for helping with the timing issues! And, ZappaUtopia/Markwkidd/arcadez/Wilstorm/dankcushions/Twinaphex/hunterk for their incredible awesomeness:)

AMIGA! AMIGA! AMIGA! qclart, madmonkey, ∆ + 0 / 9 did an exceptional job helping get this Core off the ground!!! qclart put together a great typewritten Tutorial (which is also linked to in the ReadMe! in the Xtras/AMIGA Folder. He also put together two Templates for Original Chipset and Special Chipset Games. I streamlined the process, changed the BIOS configuration so you can use Master BIOS Module for both, rather than needing to have WHDLoad.hdf for every single instance of an Amiga Game, and put together many more Templates to cover every single scenario one can imagine, be it NAND, USB-HOST, Linked Export NESC/SNESC, Dummy Folder USB and Dummy Folder NAND, etc! All in Xtras/AMIGA Folder! I also did 3 video Tutorials to help everyone along:) Personal thanks, also to hilly and ameise2k7 and Jul Car (fellow Amiga Fans:)

**Written Tutorial by Qclart!!!**

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/comments/8dbqv7/guide_playing_amiga_games_on_the_snes_classic/

Xtras/Cheats Folder has 2 incredible new additions. Databases with codes, cheats, for a variety of Systems, as well as a Genesis Offline Database! These are amongst some of my archived treasures from nearly 20 years ago! I have many more that I will incrementally add in future Updates!

PS1 Advanced Ripping Tools and Compatibility Update! These will come incredibly handy for Japanese Games! Xtras/Tools/PS1. Cues and SBIs, will include patches for many games that have protection! Back in the day, when I made back-ups of my games, these were absolutely necessary for some games. They auto patch, on the fly, if named identically to the file in your folder! ResidentEvil3.eboot, ResidentEvil3.sbi :) Cues also included to help out in that respect! ECM Tools, simply drag and drop an ECM file onto unecm, and it will convert into a BIN! If you have an APE Audio File, install and convert it to Wav using Monkey Audio! Then, convert the resulting Wav into a Bin using the Wav to Bin Script! Afterwards, simply name the bins to simplified names, open the cue, and match the names up, accordingly! Then, add cue as a game, and copy the resulting bins into same directory! Or, you can use Intermediate PS1 Ripping Video (linked to below) to merge into a single Eboot! I will update with a very nice Written Guide a great friend of mine put together, when he adds this information to it:) I will follow-up, tomorrow with a Video Guide on Ripping a Japanese Game, properly!

Of course, multiple Cores were Updated, per usual, with the usual bug fixes, optimizations, etc! Enjoy the Amiga, Enjoy the Midway Bally & Atari Vector Games!!!

Til next Update:) Sincerely, KMFDManic!!!

**Amiga Video Tutorial - Part 1**

**Amiga Video Tutorial - Part 2**

**Amiga Video Tutorial - Part 3**

**Midway-Bally & Atari Vector Games on MAME 2003 Xtreme!!!**

**PS1 Intermediate Ripping - In The Hunt**

**And, of course, the Update:)**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

Reactions: asper

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Big thanks to DR1001 followed the guide to configuring the retro receiver and sf30 pro and can confirm (for snes mini) if you follow it exactly it works perfectly analog and R1 R2 L1 L2 all working this piece of kit is well worth the money.

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just wanted to tell everyone here that you're all welcome to the Hakchi Resources discord if you have any issues, ideas or just want to have a chat.

Invite link:
https://discord.gg/szMhJYc

Also, be sure to sign up for the giveaway Hakchi Resources are having!

compo-min6.png

You can win not only one, but TWO SD CARD MODS! - Provided by the creator of the board himself, DoctorDalek. Big shout out to him.

– 1st place will receive 1x mk2 Super Storage Mod + 32gb microSD
– 2nd place will receive 1x mk2 Super Storage Mod + 16gb microSD

To enter the draw all you need to do is:

1. Enter your username and email on our competition submission form (We will only use the email to contact you if you win!)
  2. Join our discord channel and say hi! Discord Link here (This will help us match you with your email submission)

The draw will end on May 2nd, so be sure to sign up today!

Lastly, make sure to update to the latest Hakchi2CE to be able to navigate the Mod Store introduced by Hakchi Resources. You will find the Mod store under Modules -> Mod Store.

Last edited by Advokaten,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some updates and now I lost the bilinear filter I had via CRT mode with the no scanlines command. Is there a way to restore this?

I've also had to unplug my snes classic to turn off PSP games which I'm assuming is not normal...

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have nes cassic and a snes classic i got usb host working on my snes classic but for soem reason on the nes it isnt working it wont read the usb at all i dont know what is wrong can the nes have usb host or is it only the snes?? i flash the kernel and insgall the costom kernel on the nes then i made surfe the usb host was clicked and i save the settetings. then i install some modules and i save the settings once again what am i doing wrong

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Some great news regarding internet and netplay sessions regarding the Mini.

Thanks to madmonkey, me and user bslenul were able to connect to one another and play some Contra!

Last edited by Advokaten,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just wanted to tell everyone here that you're all welcome to the Hakchi Resources discord if you have any issues, ideas or just want to have a chat.

Invite link:
https://discord.gg/szMhJYc

Also, be sure to sign up for the giveaway Hakchi Resources are having!

compo-min6.png

You can win not only one, but TWO SD CARD MODS! - Provided by the creator of the board himself, DoctorDalek. Big shout out to him.

– 1st place will receive 1x mk2 Super Storage Mod + 32gb microSD
– 2nd place will receive 1x mk2 Super Storage Mod + 16gb microSD

To enter the draw all you need to do is:

1. Enter your username and email on our competition submission form (We will only use the email to contact you if you win!)
  2. Join our discord channel and say hi! Discord Link here (This will help us match you with your email submission)

The draw will end on May 2nd, so be sure to sign up today!

Lastly, make sure to update to the latest Hakchi2CE to be able to navigate the Mod Store introduced by Hakchi Resources. You will find the Mod store under Modules -> Mod Store.
Why to wait for the mod? What it Make better Then the normal micro sd mod?

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.