Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**4-11-18**

Been a very busy weekend, and am now finally posting the Updates:) There will be a very big surprise in the Next Update! I will, additionally, communicate with swingflip, DanTheMan827, and madmonkey, as far as helping get auto updated releases for just the Cores in my set to hakchiresources:)

**4-9-18**

MESS 2016 Revised! Enjoy this fantastic Multi Emulator Super System, with capability of handling hundreds upon hundreds of different Systems! I did two videos related to the more complicated than normal set-up for this amazing Core! (Personal Thanks to my incredible friend and fellow MESS'Pert, ∆ + 0 / 9, for his assistance in this insane endeavor!

MAME 2003 Xtreme Updated (Irem Encryption fixed to work in conjunction with Custom MK OST!) I also Performance Upgraded Darius Gaiden for MAME 2003! RetroArch Updated. You can now play the rare Magic Kid GooGoo (Previously unsupported due to being mapper 190). Personal thanks to retro-wertz and rdanbrook for the mapper support!) Both FCEUMM and NESTOPIA run this. /bin/fceumm and/or /bin/nestopia I also updated 20+ Other Cores with various bug fixes, tweaks, optimizations!

NES Cheats Updated with support for Contra NES. I incorrectly labeled the last release with N64, so you would end up seeing N64 listed twice in Module Tab! But, it would still install fine! All good now:)

Here is the big one:) There are 4 WIP Cores, which require very special set-up, that I am releasing today!
Amiga (P-UAE), Hatari (Atari ST), Free2JME (Mobile Java Game Support). and ScummVM (SCUMM stands for "Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion". It is a utility used to create the famous LucasArts adventure games like the Monkey Island series and also gave ScummVM its name). Each of them requires much more complex set-up than your typical Cores! That being said, they are WIP, which means I have not fully tested them, yet!
But, do to so many requests, I am releasing them for you to play around with! I will do my best to get around to finalizing tutorials and such for them! Also, keep in mind, you can run many ScummVM Games via DosBOX:) Personal thanks to madmonkey for helping with Amiga! A few notes regarding these Cores. You cannot directly load games with them. They, instead, with exception of Free2JME, require configuration files to be loaded instead! All but, ScummVM require BIOS dependencies to run, which I, unfortunately, cannot share.

I added 3 more sets of Wallpapers to the km_retroarch_custom_wallpapers.hmod. Have fun checking them out!
I removed the retrocat Wallpapers, and they are now on Mega NZ link, only:)

The video on how to use them, again, is...

**SNES Classic - RetroCat, erm RetroArch Custom Wallpapers + CPS3 Test!!!**

In Xtras/Performance, I updated both ReadMes! Check them out!

And, last but not least are some Tutorial, Test, and fun Videos to check out!

**SNES Classic - MESS 2016 Tutorial**

**SNES Classic - MESS 2016 Test**

**SNES Classic - Undiscovered NES Gems - Magic Kid GooGoo, Dragon Knife, Happily Ever After**

And,

**SNES Classic - SHMUP 'Stravaganza - Part 1**

As always, thanks to all of you for your support. I am grateful to have so many great people to communicate with on a daily basis, and glad to help you all better enjoy your Minis! Next Update will be a very nice surprise:)

Sincerely, KMFDManic!!!

**4-8-18**

Note: MESS 2016, and the Dependency and Dummy Folder HMODS are in Mega NZ Link, for now, and will be Updated to the Set, tomorrow

**UPDATE 4-7-18**

**SNES Classic - MESS 2016 Test**

We now have the most complicated Emulator in the Core Set, none other than MESS! MESS 2016, to be more specific:) Personal thanks, this time around, to ∆ + 0 / 9, an amazing friend/MESS'Pert (who practically lives and breathes this amazing Core!), as well as shawnsub, for consistently pushing me towards the MESS that MESS is:) MESS stands for Multiple Emulator Super System! You can NOW potentially run Philips CDI, NEO-GEO CD, and several hundred other Systems/Computers/etc! I have personally put together 3 HMODS, specifically to help out!

_km_mess2016_4_9_18.hmod is the primary Core, to run the Games

km_mess2016_dependencies_4_9_18.hmod, is required to run the Emulators within MESS

km_mess2016_dummy_folder_nand_4_9_18.hmod is to help with running them via _Dummy Folder on NAND. You can, additionally, copy the _Dummy Folder directly from the HMOD, once set-up, to your USB-HOST/hakchi/games directory:)

You can make back-up copies of the dependencies and dummy bios and game HMODS, and then delete any excess folders, from within, that you are not likely to use:)

MESS is an amazing Core, with lots of potential! I would personally recommend sticking to systems that you cannot, otherwise, run on other Cores, such as Casio, Apple, CD-I, NEO-GEO CD, etc! But, NES, ColecoVision, etc, run quite nicely, too! Arcade Games, despite it being MAME 2016, are more optimally suited to the other Arcade Cores in the set:)

Note: As mentioned, it is pretty complex. I will do my best to post Tutorials to help with running as many of these Systems as possible! I recorded one Video, to start things off! Next up, will be more Performance Upgrades, MAME 2003 Updates, and so on:) I will also record more Videos, tomorrow, including a great SHMUP related one! Enjoy this Update, for now:)

**And, of course, the Update!!!**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you still have trouble running Sega CD, let me know.

You still having issues?

Did you ever get things sorted out?

Yeah. It hasn't shut off or black screened on me since then. Still have the weird audio issue with Ninja Baseball Batman....but I'm just happy the game plays. I don't even really notice the weird audio after a while...

RIP-Felix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 1.08 and no L2 or R2, but tried 1.05beta0 and it worked,but all the buttons were out of place.
That's interesting, are you sure R1 and R2 are actually different inputs, not just cloning? On the latest firmware anyway, they are recognized, but have the same assignment (cloned). Also the right analog stick doesn't work at all. And the left analog stik is not analog, it just clones the 8-way function of the d-pad.

I'd love to hear that full analog axis control to both sticks and L1/2 and R1/2 work properly, but I figured it had to be something 8BitDo would have to do willingly. Since there is no reason to, other than for thoes hacking their NESC/SNESC, I figured it would never happen. Do I sound skeptical? Yes! Yes I am.

BTW: The 8BitDo controllers add a significant amount of lag to the controls. It's playable, casually, but not if you're actually wanting to complete a game or competing against a friend for real. The wired controller is noticeablly quicker.

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the NEO-GEO Bypass method

OLD for MAME 2003, NEW for MAME 2010, 2014, FBA 2012, 2016, and UNI for FBA 2012, 2016. Works great for NAND, and USB-HOST

How does this work with NeoGeo CD? For example if you have a Neo Geo CD (ISO/CUE/WAV). Do you convert it into CHD and then place the CHD file and the BIOS files in a ZIP and load the ZIP?

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@KMFDManic what specific core and rom have you managed to run the altered beast arcade version?

altered-beast_101529.jpg

Last edited by rot86,

RIP-Felix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble navigating all the changes made to hackchi. Some guidance would be appreciated:
  1. Cluster's version vs. CE: I like that cluster includes support for other system firmware now, but I like how CE organizes the GUI better. My biggest issue is that I can't get other system firmware to work. I tried it in both CE and 2.30. In Hakchi2.30 I followed the multi-boot guide. Note: I'm using a Super Famicom and I'm not sure if/which any hmods are necessary to make it work. I've tried it various times and got mixed results. When it works, none of the super famicom games art shows. Just the black with lightning bolt thorough the middle.
  2. BIOS' not included now (I get it), but where do they go now? I'm assuming I don't have to manually inject them into the system folder inside each retroarch core hmod. I though I read there's a way to put them into 1 folder and put that on the USB-HOST, similar to the saves or transfer folder, but I can't find the post or any specifics.
Still messin with it, but with all the changes things have gotten hard to follow.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering if anyone else could try Brave Fencer Musashi to see if the rapid fire of the square button is really slow too. You'd be able to test this within the first 2 minutes of the game.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-snip-

After trying to fix the "snipped" problem, I upgraded to the latest hakchi2, and noticed it said to make sure to flash the latest custom firmware, so I did. It wiped all my save data so I thought I could restore it by restoring a backup of nand-c I had. Huge mistake. I really fucked up now. Whenever I flash custom kernal, after the first reboot the system will shutdown at boot. I can flash stock kernel back and it works fine iirc.

Did I fuck up? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. You also dont need to mention that I am an idiot for not following the "Advanced Users Only" message.

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**Update 4-16-18**

NBA JAM with Sega-CD OST Support!!! You will need to use MAME 2003 Xtreme, and view the ReadMe! in Xtras/Arcade, as well as install the samples (in same folder). This is an absolutely incredible addition, and I give blood, sweat, and tears in thanks to gpstar for putting so much effort, time, and patience into the best addition since sliced bread:)

For those of you who are going crazy wondering which Arcade Games work, I added Compatibility Lists to the Xtras/Arcade Folder that are quite accurate, for the most part, to the Xtras/Arcade Folder for MAME 2000/ MAME 2003/ MAME 2010/ FBA 2016!

Shaders have been updated with some really cool handheld ones!

DOSBox has gotten a nifty Performance Upgrade! I have tested 50+ Games, and found a good median that has worked well with all of the test subjects. Commander Keen up to Raptor: Call of Shadows, all worked great for me:) Install RetroArch Xtreme to take advantage of this Performance Boost! SHMUP 'Stravaganza - Part 3 Video, linked to below, shows the Performance Upgrade in action for Raptor!!!

MESS Dependencies & Dummy Folder have both been updated!, as have over 40 of the main Cores! Many bug fixes and optimizations:)

Enjoy the Update!!! Here are some recent videos to enjoy! Thanks everyone!! You all rock!

**SNES Classic - NBA Jam Arcade with SEGA-CD OST!!! The Trifecta of OST Perfection!!!**

**SNES Classic - Journey of Sight and Sound - Canoe Borders + Mario Paint Drum-Off:)**

**SNES Classic - SHMUP 'Stravaganza - Part 1**

**SNES Classic - SHMUP 'Stravaganza - Part 2**

**SNES Classic - SHMUP 'Stravaganza - Part 3**

**SNES Classic - SHMUP 'Stravaganza - Part 4**

**Til Next Time:)** Have fun with NBA Jam!!! Personal thanks to madmonkey/gpstar/ ∆ + 0 / 9, BsLeNuL:)

**And, of course, the Update:)**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

How does this work with NeoGeo CD? For example if you have a Neo Geo CD (ISO/CUE/WAV). Do you convert it into CHD and then place the CHD file and the BIOS files in a ZIP and load the ZIP?

NEO-GEO CD will not work with Final Burn Alpha. It's only shot at running is with MESS 2016, unfortunately.

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**Update 4-16-18**

NEO-GEO CD will not work with Final Burn Alpha. It's only shot at running is with MESS 2016, unfortunately.

@KMFDManic
Someone on Reddit claimed he got Neo-Geo CD ISO to work with FBA2016 but nobody could back his claims.

I sent you a PM, but figured I'd post here as well. I was poking around over the weekend, trying to get Neo-Geo CD to work
by converting the files to CHD when I came across this post about getting Neo-Geo CD to work directly with RA.

It looks like they used the "DUMMY" ZIP file method (adding the CHD to a zip file) to get it to load along with >
  1. RetroArch 1.4.1 (others may work fine also)
  2. Arcade (MAME) core
  3. CHD format games
  4. neocdz.zip BIOS (from MAME set)
  5. neocd.xml Softlist Hash file (From MAME emulator install)
I figured you might have seen this before, but if not it may be worth checking out. I wasn't sure what MAME core he's referring to and which one in your coreset would be equivalent?
It looks like the main goal is to configure the neocd.xml Softlist Hash file, to load the "DUMMY" zip file. This is where I kinda got lost and figured you might be able to get it working.

https://forums.libretro.com/t/run-neo-geo-cd-with-retroarch-directly-mame-libretro/9977

Last edited by LuckY07,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KMFDManic
Someone on Reddit claimed he got Neo-Geo CD ISO to work with FBA2016 but nobody could back his claims.

I sent you a PM, but figured I'd post here as well. I was poking around over the weekend, trying to get Neo-Geo CD to work
by converting the files to CHD when I came across this post about getting Neo-Geo CD to work directly with RA.

It looks like they used the "DUMMY" ZIP file method (adding the CHD to a zip file) to get it to load along with >
  1. RetroArch 1.4.1 (others may work fine also)
  2. Arcade (MAME) core
  3. CHD format games
  4. neocdz.zip BIOS (from MAME set)
  5. neocd.xml Softlist Hash file (From MAME emulator install)
I figured you might have seen this before, but if not it may be worth checking out. I wasn't sure what MAME core he's referring to and which one in your coreset would be equivalent?
It looks like the main goal is to configure the neocd.xml Softlist Hash file, to load the "DUMMY" zip file. This is where I kinda got lost and figured you might be able to get it working.

https://forums.libretro.com/t/run-neo-geo-cd-with-retroarch-directly-mame-libretro/9977

NEO-GEO CD does not work with FBA. I would love to see proof of it in action:) The only Core that can run them, currently, is MESS 2016. I have one other way, as well. And, that isn't 100 percent guaranteed. Rest assured, I have the set-up needed, and if it actually works, I will pass it along to everyone:) But, FBA is definitely a no go! For the record, I have NEO-GEO partially going. I will pass information on both to everyone, no worries:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: LuckY07

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEO-GEO CD does not work with FBA. I would love to see proof of it in action:) The only Core that can run them, currently, is MESS 2016. I have one other way, as well. And, that isn't 100 percent guaranteed. Rest assured, I have the set-up needed, and if it actually works, I will pass it along to everyone:) But, FBA is definitely a no go! For the record, I have NEO-GEO partially going. I will pass information on both to everyone, no worries:)

What about running Neo-Geo CD directly with RA (mame_libretro)? It seems as if this article shows it's at least possible >

It looks like we need to be able to load this core different than the rest so that it loads the XML file, which then loads the correct BIOS.

This post is where the guy claims to have gotten FBA2016 to work with the ISO files with SNES classic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/81wcqj/any_core_out_there_support_neo_geo_cd/

Last edited by LuckY07,

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@KMFDManic whats the best way to update mame2003 and retroarch extreme?
Currently if I use the folder method as I have all the hmods on the usb drive it won’t update to the latest version
So I have to uninstall then reinstall all the hmods starting with retroarch then mame ect. Then everything install afterwards fine. It’s a pain if I just want to update retroarch as it seems to break it

Also do I have to reinstall the bios files or once there installed are they there permant?

Edit got folder transfer working, numpty error on my part lol

Thanks

Last edited by tyjay,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another weird thing happened. I was playing XMen Children Of The Atom and the screen went black. The thing is, the sound was still going as was the game. The screen was just black. I hit reset and it went back to the menu. I then played it for almost an hour with no problems. As long as the system doesn't freeze, it's all good...I guess. I play Skyrim, so I'm used to a system freezing and having to reset. Skyrim freezes ALL the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.