Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Trmpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NESC GUI knows nothing about these cores, and nothing is written to cache until you launch a game, and even then everything is removed when you exit RetroArch. There's nothing to fix.

Yea this happens on my 2.11 build also looking around through folders random c8 appears when I click a folder... no biggie quick power cycle and I'm playing again. Point being I have never had retro so it's not that for sure

TokyoMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And as you said, it probably is cache related, so don't go jumping between folders for 30 minutes. On reboot the mini empties the cache, I don't see a problem here.

@pcm720 says "nothing is written to cache until you launch a game". So I'm not sure exactly what is causing it. But it seems like a lot of people have gotten it (and didn't worry about it) or are getting it because of testing/arranging their system. You can fix this by rebooting your system as you've said. So it does seem cache related, but I'm not an expert. pcm720 and clusterm know way more than me. It could be something entirely different. Hopefully we can pinpoint it and solve it. I'd love to have a completely stable system.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@pcm720 says "nothing is written to cache until you launch a game". So I'm not sure exactly what is causing it. But it seems like a lot of people have gotten it (and didn't worry about it) or are getting it because of testing/arranging their system. You can fix this by rebooting your system as you've said. So it does seem cache related, but I'm not an expert. pcm720 and clusterm know way more than me. It could be something entirely different. Hopefully we can pinpoint it and solve it. I'd love to have a completely stable system.
Probably Cluster and pcm720 have a point because they obviously know more about this stuff then me as well. But judging on the way operating systems work, it is very possible that every time you launch a folder images or information are stored in memory till a point it crashes. This is very unlikely to happen during a normal gaming session. The people who were able to trigger this error, were doing this by jumping through folders for 30 or more minutes, again memory is being cleared during reboot, so not really a problem according to me.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
@pcm720 Several people (probably over 10 at this point) on reddit, gbatemp, and github are experiencing the c8 crash on different versions of hakchi2 when they overuse the system. Going in and out of a lot of folders, checking games. It can happen after 15 to 30 minutes of testing. This leads to a c8 and c2 on restart. A well respected modder, MDFMKanic believes it could be the cache. We honestly don't know though.

As you said, it may be something different. We are all trying to figure it out and come up with a fix.
Probably Cluster and pcm720 have a point because they obviously know more about this stuff then me as well. But judging on the way operating systems work, it is very possible that every time you launch a folder images or information are stored in memory till a point it crashes. This is very unlikely to happen during a normal gaming session. The people who were able to trigger this error, were doing this by jumping through folders for 30 or more minutes, again memory is being cleared during reboot, so not really a problem according to me.

I think that this is related to a lack of free RAM.
We had issues with C8 previously, before the folders were implemented.

-----------------------------------
New version, 0.5.5:
https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases/latest

Changes:
  • Now we're using the latest builds of Nestopia. FCEUmm and SNES9x2005.
Now it's possible to use Firebrandx's more accurate palettes with Nestopia and FCEUmm and. The issue with Super Mario All-Stars on SNES9x2005 should be gone, too:
https://github.com/libretro/snes9x2005/issues/15

Last edited by pcm720,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see the problem here. If it's too big, don't install all 15 hmods at the same time. Use two (or more) transfers to do that.

NESC GUI knows nothing about these cores, and nothing is written to cache until you launch a game, and even then everything is removed when you exit RetroArch. There's nothing to fix.

All 15 hmods weren't installed at one time..lol..one here..two there,,another one here..etc..the size of the kernal increases everytine you install a new one on top of the ones that are already installed..and all the games (Only have 85 games installed on top of the original 30)

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
All 15 hmods weren't installed at one time..lol..one here..two there,,another one here..etc..the size of the kernal increases everytine you install a new one on top of the ones that are already installed..and all the games (Only have 85 games installed on top of the original 30)

That's not true.
First of all, we don't flash the kernel into the system.
Hakchi2 dynamically rebuilds the kernel that gets uploaded into the NESC RAM during module installation or game synchronization. This kernel only includes the modules/games that you selected.

Last edited by pcm720,
Reactions: ArcNoculus

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not true.
First of all, we don't flash the kernel into the system.
Hakchi2 dynamically rebuilds the kernel that gets uploaded into the NESC RAM during module installation or game synchronization. This kernel only includes the modules/games that you selected.

Dunno...all I know is I got an error last night in hakchi that said the kernal was too big..

EleonoraYumizuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that this is related to a lack of free RAM.
We had issues with C8 previously, before the folders were implemented.

-----------------------------------
New version, 0.5.5:
https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases/latest

Changes:
  • Now we're using the latest builds of Nestopia. FCEUmm and SNES9x2005.
Now it's possible to use Firebrandx's more accurate palettes with Nestopia and FCEUmm and. The issue with Super Mario All-Stars on SNES9x2005 should be gone, too:
https://github.com/libretro/snes9x2005/issues/15
Are the palettes included in Nestopia? What's their name? original-hardware-fbx, pvm-style-fbx and nes-classic-fbx-fs ?

Last edited by EleonoraYumizuru,

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have success playing Seiken Densetsu 3 on SNES? Using Snes9x05, I'm seeing incomplete sprites everytime I access the menu screen.

Anyone running it smoothly with RetroArch settings, or maybe a different core?

CreatorX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You have to adjust settings about the folders in hakchi (mar-zel is a folder)
OMG I'm so stupid. I did not notice that there are other games in the game list if I "open" that folder, I only thought this thing is just a bug ^^
And thank you also for your tip with the folder settings! Now everything works fine :)

Reactions: Salvo85

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have non working metal slug 1 an 2 (brings me back zu menu). I made a mistake but i'm not shure which.
Are you using fb_alpha or fb_alpha_cps2 and what ist you command line for this two games? I importet both cores from last release. Not shure if it's necessary to change the command line, i nonly have /bin/zip /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-IFRGS/mslug.zip
Wenn adding this two games, a windows appers which ask me whick file i want to import. Have you selectet all or just import as archive?
Have you importet the bios (neogeo.zip) as a game and sortet in in folder structure to the neogeo games or have you copy the hole neogeo.zip to hackchi\games\CLV-H-..... (neogeo games). Since last release, th neogeo bios should only be needet once.
Well I could tell you exactly how to do it but I'm still on 2.12 and have the first retroarch released by cluster. I don't have envy of pcms updated mods. I won't update to his. I change my own cores and add my own on it's not hard. But with my setup. You need fbalphaNEO core. You don't have it. And also with the neo geo bios it goes right in the same game folder as the neo game you use. You don't upload it as a second game. I know pcm made it now that you only need the neo geo bios in one folder for all of them or something but I don't know anything about it. I have bios in game folder of metal slug 1 and in game folder of metal slug 2. Had to change the command so it pulled from the neo bin after making a neo bin for it. Also had to be in seperate main folders to fit for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No I don't have the fbalphaneo core or bios file folder.. where can I get these files?
What commands do I have to change? Thanks again mate
You need fbalphaneo core and the neo geo bios. Otherwise its not gonna happen for you. PM me if you need to.

Last edited by youngtune27,

sromeroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

This would be fantastic news. Right now with 240MB it takes me about 30 minutes to flash the NES mini. I don't care too much about long flashing times, I could just let it flashing while having dinner i.e., but the app needs to flash in 10-15 steps and requires manual intervention (enter FEL mode each time), so in the end it's a bit annoying.

This "clovershell-daemon" idea would solve this problem... great news! :)

Reactions: kaz321123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo