Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
quick mapper test results, i just checked if game starts, all roms vanilla no-intro

mapper 86: Moero!! Pro Yakyuu (Japan).nes => does not show in mini nes menu?
mapper 88: Dragon Spirit - Aratanaru Densetsu (Japan).nes => starts but heavy gfx glitches in intro-screen, also in-game gfx glitches
mapper 95: Dragon Buster (Japan).nes => ok
mapper 206: Babel no Tou (Japan).nes => ok
mapper 206: Karnov (USA).nes => ok

very similar to mapper 206, i tried mapper 76: Digital Devil Story - Megami Tensei (Japan).nes => had to force but does not show in mini nes menu
very similar to mapper 88, i tried mapper 154: Devil Man (Japan).nes => had to force, gives error C6, looks like this is the only m154 game...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you select some no number of games per folder (empty) have a hakchi2 error.

can confirm, hakchi2.11 throws some error window when i select one of the [empty] games per folder entries...

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't remember that I take video of the hakchi2 issue when I tried 190 games(first attempt that I put in this tread, some hours ago.

Rgs.

EDIT: By the way in the video the sound of mini nes music sounds like double music, it isn't a hakchi2 error, this is because I left the videocapture on, and sounds comes from PC speakers and from TV.

Last edited by nesito,

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
now this seems odd... if i upload like 10 games only 5-6 will show in the main menu but outside any folder, there is also a folder visibile but not accessible (only resets main menu), the rest of the uploaded games will not show in main menu... some games wont even show when i only upload one of them... they will only show when i select games per page [40], then there is no folder visible...

mapper 86: Moero!! Pro Yakyuu (Japan).nes => ok

Jarlaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Cluster, first of all, thanks a lot for your great work.

For future releases of Hakchi2, you consider add customizable folders?
(titles, images, etc.)

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I don't remember that I take video of the hakchi2 issue when I tried 190 games(first attempt that I put in this tread, some hours ago.

Rgs.

EDIT: By the way in the video the sound of mini nes music sounds like double music, it isn't a hakchi2 error, this is because I left the videocapture on, and sounds comes from PC speakers and from TV.

Maybe you don't remember, but I found it very useful. Thanks

Reactions: nesito

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I continue with test. I tried to put the 30 original games, an also 30 extra games. Total 60 games and with 30 games per folder. Well I don't know If this cause the folder error.
The console power On and appears this.

As you see the game Zelda II- Adventure of Link appears to be in the folder(but also it's out folders and works) Maybe It's duplicates the original games, or maybe it's consequence of a bug.
I think it isn't the problem, because In first attempts I make the Flash without the 30 original games. But I think there Is a bug or maybe we do something wrong with last hakchi2 versión 2.11.

Rgs.

EDIT: Ok It's a previous build. I try last build. Thanks a lot Cluster.
EDIT2: WoW now folders WORKS ok. A video in a few minutes to check it

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: Prontorium

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I continue with test. I tried to put the 30 original games, an also 30 extra games. Total 60 games and with 30 games per folder. Well I don't know If this cause the folder error.
The console power On and appears this.

As you see the game Zelda II- Adventure of Link appears to be in the folder(but also it's out folders and works) Maybe It's duplicates the original games, or maybe it's consequence of a bug.
I think it isn't the problem, because In first attempts I make the Flash without the 30 original games. But I think there Is a bug or maybe we do something wrong with last hakchi2 versión 2.11.

Rgs.

EDIT: Ok It's a previous build. I try last build. Thanks a lot Cluster.
EDIT2: WoW now folders WORKS ok. A video in a few minutes to check it

Great, how is the boot time?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Great, how is the boot time?
Normal, it is like with mod kernel or Normal Mini NES. It isn't like the previous build. This new works ok ( i made less test, i'm going to eat and later to work :( )
Test 190 games video

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Added to FAQ:
Q: How folders feature works? Why I can't customize my folders structure?

A: There is no way (yet?) to customize folders manually since it's too easy to break something. Folders structure will be created and alphabetically sorted automatically based on number of games and number of maximum games per page (you can select it via menu). There are two styles of folder structure:
* Pages. Every page contains games and shortcuts to other pages. This style used when there are not so much pages/folders.
* Tree. It looks more like folders and contains root directory with sub-directories. This style used when there are at least 12 pages with games because shell need at least 12 items to show them without glitches.

It's recommended to limit games to 30 per page/folder if you want to keep savestate feature fully functional.

Last edited by Cluster,

LTPaulieB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, just want to thank Cluster for your amazing work!!! I was working with the pre-release last night, and attempted to go all-in with 340 games. 35 games/folder, keeping original 30 games, enabling turbo controllers and the default controller system reset button combo. Also should note, I changed the font to the Super Mario Maker font.

I cleaned up all my game titles, got box art (new auto feature is super helpful, thank you!) and synced my NESCE per the usual methods.

I had to put the NESCE into FEL mode 3-4 times during the kernel build because of the large amount of games (followed instructions from Hakchi)

Got the kernel successfully installed (took around 8-9 minutes, after all the power down/reset cycles) and when I turned on NESCE, I only saw the original 30 games, no folders, button combo to reset worked, font was changed as desired, turbo buttons were working.

Did I do something wrong that all the additional games I added did not show up? Or am I beating a dead horse, and just give this another shot with the release build instead of the pre-build?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post!

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
First, just want to thank Cluster for your amazing work!!! I was working with the pre-release last night, and attempted to go all-in with 340 games. 35 games/folder, keeping original 30 games, enabling turbo controllers and the default controller system reset button combo. Also should note, I changed the font to the Super Mario Maker font.

I cleaned up all my game titles, got box art (new auto feature is super helpful, thank you!) and synced my NESCE per the usual methods.

I had to put the NESCE into FEL mode 3-4 times during the kernel build because of the large amount of games (followed instructions from Hakchi)

Got the kernel successfully installed (took around 8-9 minutes, after all the power down/reset cycles) and when I turned on NESCE, I only saw the original 30 games, no folders, button combo to reset worked, font was changed as desired, turbo buttons were working.

Did I do something wrong that all the additional games I added did not show up? Or am I beating a dead horse, and just give this another shot with the release build instead of the pre-build?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post!
Are you updated after fix?

Warning! The last version was broken!

I was sleepy and uploaded broken version. That's why it was pre-release. Sorry.

This should work now, please redownload: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/tag/2.11

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Cluster Hi Famicom Mini user here, the folders/pages option don't work. I only get the original 30 games.

Also is it possible to make mappers 22, 75, 25 work?

Last edited by DbD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.