Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Cluster It somehow worked by itself, I flashed the original kernel then flashed custom kernel and then synchronized the games and now the folders are out. You still want the debug files? I didn't disable any hacks.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Cluster It somehow worked by itself, I flashed the original kernel then flashed custom kernel and then synchronized the games and now the folders are out. You still want the debug files? I didn't disable any hacks.
No, you don't need any debug files. You can just replace executable by one from release version

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just set maximum number of games per page to 90.
Shell can handle 75 games but you can't use all four save-states for every game.

so if i set up the max games per page to 90 and had my 75 games installed, upon booting up the nes classic it would show the games and not a single folder icon right?
I'd just like the games to be readily visible upon start up without having to go into a folder, silly i know but i like that it's retaining the original look and feel of the system
sorry to pester just want to make sure i'll be happy with 2.11 before i download it

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cluster
Thank you sooo much for your hard work on such an amazing tool!

If I may be so bold as to ask for a feature in a later version it would be the software's ability to auto select locally available cover art for each rom. In other words, if you could point the 'add roms' dialog to a folder and that folder have both 'rom_name.nes' and 'rom_name.png' and it would use the 'rom_name.png' file automatically as the cover art.

Now that I can add hundreds of roms to my NES Classic, I want to quickly be able to import - say - my hyperspin verified romset and the matching curated covers that are already identically named to the roms.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - consider adding this feature!!!!

Either way, thank you again so very much for your work!!!!!

Last edited by esmith13,

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
so if i set up the max games per page to 90 and had my 75 games installed, upon booting up the nes classic it would show the games and not a single folder icon right?
I'd just like the games to be readily visible upon start up without having to go into a folder, silly i know but i like that it's retaining the original look and feel of the system
sorry to pester just want to make sure i'll be happy with 2.11 before i download it
Yes, it will not create folders in this case. hakchi2 creates folders when it's required only.

@Cluster
Thank you sooo much for your hard work on such an amazing tool!

If I may be so bold as to ask for a feature in a later version it would be the software's ability to auto select locally available cover art for each rom. In other words, if you could point the 'add roms' dialog to a folder and that folder have both 'rom_name.nes' and 'rom_name.png' and it would use the 'rom_name.png' file automatically as the cover art.
Ok!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked great 1st try. the folders thing is a little weird, but if it makes it easier to stack this with games i like, then its cool with me.

1 question - is it possible to have the original 30 in the default folder that displays? i want the 30 that come with it available on load, then the rest in folders.

or is possible in general to decide what games go in what folder?

Last edited by VashTS,

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1 question - is it possible to have the original 30 in the default folder that displays? i want the 30 that come with it available on load, then the rest in folders.

That's would be nice... Keep original presentation, and add other games on folders. I like this way!

Last edited by Hacking_Myself,

deadsoulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked great 1st try. the folders thing is a little weird, but if it makes it easier to stack this with games i like, then its cool with me.

This is a good idea if possible, may be harder than it sounds though.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Cluster For update from 2.07 to 2.11 just overwrite folder "dump" and "games" from older to new i gues ?

Edit: Yep , that does the trick!

By overwrite do you mean take those files from the version I am running now (which is 2.10) and "move" them into 2.11?

Any other files you have to "take over" to 2.11?

Thanks.

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By overwrite do you mean take those files from the version I am running now (which is 2.10) and "move" them into 2.11?

Any other files you have to "take over" to 2.11?

Thanks.

Yes just copy those two files and your config.ini file if you want the same settings... but that could always be set up again under the new version... (sure you will be in there anyways checking out all the new tweaks)

Bigjdoberman

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes just copy those two files and your config.ini file if you want the same settings... but that could always be set up again under the new version... (sure you will be in there anyways checking out all the new tweaks)

Bigjdoberman

Thank you. Much appreciated. Read that somewhere earlier......but couldn't remember what page on this massive thread.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Ok, it's easy to do.

Is there any way to NOT have any folder created ?
Just select maximum games per page.

an ask ...now ,is playable the Summer carnival ...?
It was playable before but it has incorrect name. It should be fixed automatically now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM