Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Keep Calm. In menu Kernel->Flash original kernel.

You will have the mini NES like "factory"(more precise to say that it will same moment that you dump the kernel)

Rgs.
so now NO games work. not even the original 30. i see the games, see everything and have sound....when I click on game screen goes blank. This is for the original 30 and the ones i put on. HELP please, nothing works and I can't use my system at all! I'm not sure what flash, kernal or dump means...but please help me!
Nothing is broken relax, you can always go back and btw people are talking now about the new release. Released moments ago. You are still on the previous version.

bojr1005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you getting this error http://imgur.com/a/14G5k ?
A lot of people have been reported getting it on reddit.
nope, It just goes blank when I select ANY game, original 30 or not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Keep Calm. In menu Kernel->Flash original kernel.

You will have the mini NES like "factory"(more precise to say that it will same state that when you dump the kernel first time[or last time that you manually can make])

Rgs.
that worked. its working with normal 30 again. now when I do this again, and sync these, do i keep the "original 30" selected?

Flash the original dump and you will have the console back to when you bought it
and just try everything again? when i am syncing it up , do i check the box "original 30" or do i uncheck that one?

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty apparent that there are some bugs with the latest release. I would exercise patience and allow this to get sorted out. Feedback on specific error issues is good, as it could help to point the way towards a fix...but no need to assume it's human error right now.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country

that worked. its working with normal 30 again. now when I do this again, and sync these, do i keep the "original 30" selected?
You ONLY need to flash original kernel if have a Issue (like this or C8 errors, black screens).

You can selected or not the Original 30 games. But if are using last hakchi2 version maybe have the folder issue. I recommend patience and wait, or adventure but only if are fearless.

Rgs

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

Maybe not a bad idea to read the FAQs in the beginning of this post, just don't untick ( if that's a word ) the 30 games in hakchi2 and you will keep them. Don't update to 2.0.11 just yet, as you saw in last hour here it has been causing some problems for a few.

bojr1005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash the original dump and you will have the console back to when you bought it
I reset back to factory. tried again. same thing. all titles, pictures appear. Neither the original 30 work nor do the new ones added. When i synced it, i kept the "original 30" checked, was i supposed to uncheck those? why am i getting a black screen when i select any game? everything seems to have been done as others successfully.

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reset back to factory. tried again. same thing. all titles, pictures appear. Neither the original 30 work nor do the new ones added. When i synced it, i kept the "original 30" checked, was i supposed to uncheck those? why am i getting a black screen when i select any game? everything seems to have been done as others successfully.

What do you mean, others haven't been very successful. There are obviously bugs cluster still has to zap. Give him some time and it will be working just fine. It is prerelease status after all

bojr1005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ONLY need to flash original kernel if have a Issue (like this or C8 errors, black screens).

You can selected or not the Original 30 games. But if are using last hakchi2 version maybe have the folder issue. I recommend patience and wait, or adventure but only if are fearless.

Rgs
crazy, i unchecked the original 30 and synced it again with 70 new games. the new games came on and worked. but the 30 are gone LOL. how do i get the 30 back on the system and working? also, when i want to sync more games, do i have to always have EVERY game checked even if its on the system already? this is bizarrrrre!

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
crazy, i unchecked the original 30 and synced it again with 70 new games. the new games came on and worked. but the 30 are gone LOL. how do i get the 30 back on the system and working? also, when i want to sync more games, do i have to always have EVERY game checked even if its on the system already? this is bizarrrrre!
Dude you are on the previous version, you are confusing yourself and others right now because they are talking about the new version. You shouldn't uncheck the original games if you like to keep them.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I going to sleep poblably when I wake up it's solved. But I recommend you a lot to read cluster FAQ. First page first post.

Rgs.

bojr1005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude you are on the previous version, you are confusing yourself and others right now because they are talking about the new version. You shouldn't uncheck the original games if you like to keep them.
then how do i get to the new version? If i'm on the old version are you saying its not going to work?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
then how do i get to the new version? If i'm on the old version are you saying its not going to work?
In hakchi2 menu you can see in Help->About...(maybe the name is other, I am in bed but it's last tab in option menu) The version of hakchi2 you have.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
That's fine stay on that version for now as far as I understood the new one has some issues that has to be ironed out. So you are fine. please read the FAQ on page 1, I am sure it will help you out. Take care, I am going to bed being in Europe it's quite late here.

Reactions: bojr1005

bojr1005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In hakchi2 menu you can see in Help->About...(maybe the name is other, I am in bed but it's last tab in option menu) The version of hakchi2 you have.

Rgs.
2.0.10.8 - is this the newest? how do i get to newest if not. maybe thats why I'm having issues.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
2.0.10.8 - is this the newest? how do i get to newest if not. maybe thats why I'm having issues.
Newest is 2.0.11.0 so you don't have the last version issue. Don't update until we tell you in the tread.
By the way in your version with original games 90-95 is limit. Without original games 119 is limit.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: bojr1005

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
tested 2.11 with the following results, i only added 1 game to the default 30 and that without any cover (using the default blank nes cart image)

enable autofire: seems not to be working, i tried in super mario bros 1 (from the default 30 roms), i press and hold select+A for some time, then pressing A makes mario jump only once. the same with megaman 2 (from the default 30), hold select+B but no autofire. reset combo still works though...

disable gui music: not working, i am still hearing the default bg music

maximum games per page: the hakchi2 pulldown menu is somehow missing some entries, i have [empty], [empty], [30 selected], [35], [40], [empty], [50], [60], [70], [80] and [90]. although i only added 1 game to the default 30, the new game is listed outside any folder with the default games, but i got 1 folder named "kirby's adventure - zelda ii - the adventure ..." which at first try did just reset the menu (looked like so...) but after playing games and returning to menu i tried again to enter folder, this time i only got a yellow screen and everything froze... power off had no effect, the power led was even on while power was off, since i had the mini nes connected to pc usb power i unplugged usb cable and afterwards the mini nes booted normal again...

since the folders are not working as maybe cluster had intended i do not know if it is possible to not use folders at all, maybe one of the missing pulldown menu entries is [0, dont use] ???

will test new mappers now...

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
tested 2.11 with the following results, i only added 1 game to the default 30 and that without any cover (using the default blank nes cart image)

enable autofire: seems not to be working, i tried in super mario bros 1 (from the default 30 roms), i press and hold select+A for some time, then pressing A makes mario jump only once. the same with megaman 2 (from the default 30), hold select+B but no autofire. reset combo still works though...

disable gui music: not working, i am still hearing the default bg music

maximum games per page: the hakchi2 pulldown menu is somehow missing some entries, i have [empty], [empty], [30 selected], [35], [40], [empty], [50], [60], [70], [80] and [90]. although i only added 1 game to the default 30, the new game is listed outside any folder with the default games, but i got 1 folder named "kirby's adventure - zelda ii - the adventure ..." which at first try did just reset the menu (looked like so...) but after playing games and returning to menu i tried again to enter folder, this time i only got a yellow screen and everything froze... power off had no effect, the power led was even on while power was off, since i had the mini nes connected to pc usb power i unplugged usb cable and afterwards the mini nes booted normal again...

since the folders are not working as maybe cluster had intended i do not know if it is possible to not use folders at all, maybe one of the missing pulldown menu entries is [0, dont use] ???

will test new mappers now...
If you select some no number of games per folder (empty) have a hakchi2 error.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

bojr1005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine stay on that version for now as far as I understood the new one has some issues that has to be ironed out. So you are fine. please read the FAQ on page 1, I am sure it will help you out. Take care, I am going to bed being in Europe it's quite late here.
LOL, yeah i give up tonight. will try again tomorrow. thanks for all of your help!!!

Reactions: jelmer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...