Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I think KMDFManic updated his version so that doesn't have to be done anymore.
KMFDMANIC updates hmods, I am not aware that he ever updated Hakchi2 or 1 in this case. Maybe you should ask KMFDMANIC but according to Madmonkey just a couple of days ago this is the way you should format your desktop files.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KMFDMANIC updates hmods, I am not aware that he ever updated Hakchi2 or 1 in this case. Maybe you should ask KMFDMANIC but according to Madmonkey just a couple of days ago this is the way you should format your desktop files.
Sorry what I meant was that he had an updated version in his core releases, I don;t know who exactly made the updates to the program, but the one I have doesn't require you to edit the directories in that way anymore.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't that the old method?

They both point to roughly the same location:) I run everything with usr/share just fine hehe. I haven't personally had any issues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

While I do mostly work with hmods, the hakchi1 versions in my set, I did manually merge and Update the code for, based off of the source code, and post within my Core Set. I essentially Updated them from older code. MadMonkey and DanTheMan827 did the main coding and were very cool about me doing this. I did the main testing before releasing into my Set. Hakchi2, on the other hand, mainly just compiled it and gave my input and test results to help out. But, yeah, my specialized area is generally Emulation:) I have done almost everything you can imagine, emulation wise, over the last 30 plus years.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@KMFDManic, I can't get the splash screen to work. I've pasted a boot.png file inside Dantheman's hakchi with the exact resolution as you told. FYI, I used the first Dantheman's hakchi, the one that worked for usb host for the first time.

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you run supergrafx games, you need a bios of is it a case of just copying over the rom and uploading the supergrafx core?

@KMFDManic, I can't get the splash screen to work. I've pasted a boot.png file inside Dantheman's hakchi with the exact resolution as you told. FYI, I used the first Dantheman's hakchi, the one that worked for usb host for the first time.
Same here, boot.png in the root of hakchi does nothing

I was hoping there was a less time consuming way haha, but that is what I've resorted to ;/
Make sure you remove the special characters from inside the zip also. That' the issue I had. I had to unzip all my roms and remove the special character then zip em back up.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thats because the boot.png goes inside the USB hakchi directory on the flash drive not the app.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thats because the boot.png goes inside the USB hakchi directory on the flash drive not the app.

I did put it there, inside "hakchi" folder on my flashdisk.

Been following this thread for ages thanks for all the guides ect Iv had my snes mini running perfect since it was hackable

But since doing the USB mod (which works fine btw) if had a right headache actually any game to run

(1)
First off if I copy my predone games to the USB drive it sees the games on there but I get a C3 errror then a c7 when trying to run anything (I thought u could just copy your games folder from previous hakchi and it would work)
I have 30 games on there as. Test

(2) The second real pain is after adding games to Danthemans hakchi then holding shift and hitting synchronise choosing the USB drive I get the media is write protected every single time
Iv tried 6 different USB drives and microsd cards as well nothing will work

If I choose a folder on the hd to save to it goes through the process but the folder is empty it's all weird
it's got me beat tbh it simply won't create the games or says folder isn't empty, I take files out but then it errors lol

It's not something simple that I'm missing is it?.

(1) Maybe you forgot to install the corresponding hmod for those games. Do that after you uninstall kernel with hakchi2 2.21e.
(2) You must delete the content of "hakchi/games/" folder in your flashdrive everytime you want to add new games.

Last edited by maande80,
Reactions: tyjay

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I read on Reddit that we can play Mario paint now? Is this true I did test the NES games using a mouse as zapper and it worked well but I have yet to figure out or see how to use a mouse for Mario paint on the snes side.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Reactions: artemus3

Higgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some love for the NESC would be good. We have been forgotten :) I have the USB-HOST device waiting.

Any idea on this:

On my NESC I was playing SNES Demon Crest (via Retroarch) and the music/sound is bad.
Playing the same game on my OUYA the sound is much better?
I think I am using KMFDManic Cores from End October/November using a dual_core as I am trying NESC/SNEC Dual Boot.

Is the sound good for other people? And what Core are they using. Thanks.

Ok, by having saves folder on hakchi folder, you are basically forcing saves to go to USB, rather than NAND. On SNESC, if you want them retained in NAND, simply do not have a saves folder:) You can also transfer back and forth! Be careful, and keep your stuff backed up, my man:) NESC, saves folder is completely mandatory! But, on SNESC, you can do whichever way! I still plan on throwing together an NESC USB-HOST Video, as well as a more streamlined, faster to the punch, USB-HOST Video, for SNESC:) The tutorials will be just a little different!

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the latest version of Hakchi on my NESC and non-NES ROMs. I didn't have this problem with older versions of Hakchi.

Certain games (CPS3, Game Boy, Genesis) fail to boot from the main menu. They do boot and play fine if I manually load a core and ROM in RetroArch. I uninstalled and reinstalled several versions of RetroArch and the emulator cores, but the same games had the same problems. Some games boot fine, but others don't boot, and it's always the same ROMs. I don't think it's the ROMs since they do boot if I do a workaround. They all loaded fine using 2.14.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Last edited by NESjimbo,

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have a problem with the latest version of Hakchi on my NESC and non-NES ROMs. I didn't have this problem with older versions of Hakchi.

Certain games (CPS3, Game Boy, Genesis) fail to boot from the main menu. They do boot and play fine if I manually load a core and ROM in RetroArch. I uninstalled and reinstalled several versions of RetroArch and the emulator cores, but the same games had the same problems. Some games boot fine, but others don't boot, and it's always the same ROMs. I don't think it's the ROMs since they do boot if I do a workaround. They all loaded fine using 2.14.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Filenames on games you cannot run from SNESC UI?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES Classic - Sharp X68000 Test Video (Akumajou Dracula Workaround, etc:)

This fantastic beast of a computer came out in the late 1980s! It was 3000 USD, and was used as a Development System for many Arcade Games! Enjoy the video!

_km_px68k_11_23_17.hmod in my Core Set

Command Line /bin/px68k

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

Some love for the NESC would be good. We have been forgotten :) I have the USB-HOST device waiting.

Any idea on this:

On my NESC I was playing SNES Demon Crest (via Retroarch) and the music/sound is bad.
Playing the same game on my OUYA the sound is much better?
I think I am using KMFDManic Cores from End October/November using a dual_core as I am trying NESC/SNEC Dual Boot.

Is the sound good for other people? And what Core are they using. Thanks.

Have you tried using SNES 9x 2005 Variant? It is less accurate, and tends to be speedier, overall.

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: the_randomizer

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Filenames on games you cannot run from SNESC UI?
No, the file names are fine. These are the same ROMs I've been using since v2.12, and they haven't given me any trouble until now. About half of my Genesis ROMs load from the main menu, and about a third of my GBC/GBA ROMs load from the main menu. All arcade ROMs load fine, except Street Fighter 3. I've double checked the command lines and don't see anything amiss. I've tried different builds of RetroArch and the cores, no change.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the file names are fine. These are the same ROMs I've been using since v2.12, and they haven't given me any trouble until now. About half of my Genesis ROMs load from the main menu, and about a third of my GBC/GBA ROMs load from the main menu. All arcade ROMs load fine, except Street Fighter 3. I've double checked the command lines and don't see anything amiss. I've tried different builds of RetroArch and the cores, no change.

Street Fighter 3 is a CPS3 Game, and is best run with FBA Cores. Worked fine for me:)

Go about 6 Minutes and 25 Seconds in:)

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Street Fighter 3 is a CPS3 Game, and is best run with FBA Cores. Worked fine for me:)
I've been using your core. Your latest RetroArch and CPS3 cores. When I loaded SF3, it immediately went back to menu as if the command line was wrong. (It wasn't) I even tried your old no-save hmods which worked for me in the past. Same result. And on top of that, half of my Genesis and 2/3 of GBA ROMs bounce me back to the menu as soon as I open them. It seems to follow franchises too. All the Sonics work, but not Shining Force. The GBA Final Fantasy games boot, but none of the Mario Kart/Tennis/Golf games.

The games boot if I manually open RA, mount the core and then load the game.

Only thing I can think to try would be to manually re-add the games. When changing between Hakchi versions, I copy over the games and user_mods folders. I've never had this trouble before.

Last edited by NESjimbo,

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@tyjay

That the folder is empty is just not normal behaviour. Try a different version.
And don't write to usb directly, it might be too slow.
Also, I think you need clovercon-usb hmod, too for the c3 and c7 errors. And no special characters in the filenames.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using your core. Your latest RetroArch and CPS3 cores. When I loaded SF3, it immediately went back to menu as if the command line was wrong. (It wasn't) I even tried your old no-save hmods which worked for me in the past. Same result. And on top of that, half of my Genesis and 2/3 of GBA ROMs bounce me back to the menu as soon as I open them. It seems to follow franchises too. All the Sonics work, but not Shining Force. The GBA Final Fantasy games boot, but none of the Mario Kart/Tennis/Golf games.

The games boot if I manually open RA, mount the core and then load the game.

Only thing I can think to try would be to manually re-add the games. When changing between Hakchi versions, I copy over the games and user_mods folders. I've never had this trouble before.

In almost every instance where people with USB-HOST have trouble loading games, it tends to be either incorrect desktop files, improper file names, incorrect internal file names, and a few other odd reasons. Any games you have trouble running, post a few command lines for them, so I can see what you are working with. I tested the ones you mentioned, and they all work for me.

Reactions: artemus3

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've noticed that, in Dantheman's hakchi, when you have changed "/bin/bin" into "/bin/pcsx", then close the hakchi then re-open it again, you're no longer need to change the .desktop using Notepad++ again. I do this every time, so I don't need to bother the bin file, the path, etc. anymore.

----

Btw, if I'd played a PSX game on NES Classic (using .eboot file or PSX2PSP) and had a suspended save data, can I use that save data again with the same game title (.bin file) on SNES Classic with USB-Host?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    no, but fucking cockroaches
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i had to sleep with one eye open
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    after i restes peacfully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    sorry for misspell and posts
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i heard a buzzing sound from a flying cockroach and ran away
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and i have to sleep somewhere else
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, I hate insects too
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish i can just get rid of them
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so i can rest peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i just worry about cockroaches entering my room
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and when i turn it on or not, they have a way to enter
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it pisses me off
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is beautiful
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    @Xdqwerty any tips?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bug exterminator?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi Somebody's asking for tips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get a load from this guy lol.