Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I made "saves" folder inside "hakchi" folder as you showed in one of your videos (which you deleted eventually, hehe).

Ok, by having saves folder on hakchi folder, you are basically forcing saves to go to USB, rather than NAND. On SNESC, if you want them retained in NAND, simply do not have a saves folder:) You can also transfer back and forth! Be careful, and keep your stuff backed up, my man:) NESC, saves folder is completely mandatory! But, on SNESC, you can do whichever way! I still plan on throwing together an NESC USB-HOST Video, as well as a more streamlined, faster to the punch, USB-HOST Video, for SNESC:) The tutorials will be just a little different!

Last edited by KMFDManic,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 12-11-17

Hot Fix Update:) Last minute fantastic Update courtesy of DanTheMan827! In Advanced Users Folder is hakchi2-dantheman827-linked-export-6188a0a.zip With this, you can essentially Extract it to your USB-Drive, doesn't matter where! Do games, folders, per normal! When going to synch, hold down SHIFT key, then choose games folder on USB Drive/HDD. If you get directory not empty error, delete the contents of that directory and/or back it up elsewhere. You can technically export to an empty directory, THEN transfer back to games folder! But, you may end up causing a conflict and getting C3, C7, etc errors. It is best recommended you do it from an Empty Directory Status! This amazing addition will allow you to export games lightning fast, since they are not technically being copied! They are being linked to! Enjoy the amazing Update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ok, by having saves folder on hakchi folder, you are basically forcing saves to go to USB, rather than NAND. On SNESC, if you want them retained in NAND, simply do not have a saves folder:) You can also transfer back and forth! Be careful, and keep your stuff backed up, my man:) NESC, saves folder is completely mandatory! But, on SNESC, you can do whichever way! I still plan on throwing together an NESC USB-HOST Video, as well as a more streamlined, faster to the punch, USB-HOST Video, for SNESC:) The tutorials will be just a little different!

Looking forward to that.
But even though I did make saves folder, what about the previous saves of those original games? Wouldn't they normally just still be shown? Yet, none of those games is playable when I selected.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to that.
But even though I did make saves folder, what about the previous saves of those original games? Wouldn't they normally just still be shown? Yet, none of those games is playable when I selected.

The location is different, hence a minor conflict there. It is best to keep them in one location or the other.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The location is different, hence a minor conflict there. It is best to keep them in one location or the other.

So, can I conclude these? If you want to play:
- The original 21 games and the added SNES games, don't make saves folder, and
- PSX, Sega CD, Turbografx, or any large sized games, do make saves folder.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm SO ordering that SD breakout board!

I made a quick guide for soldering the breakout board following Skogaby's tutorial on Reddit.

snes_classic_sd_solder.png

As I'm just diving in the extended memory mods, when the guide says to add games to X folders, do I put in the rom or the folders which hakchi turns the rom into? (those "CLV-H-AKBHR" folders) Thanks!

Oh and after all this is installed and I want to add games, I use the hakchi2 supplied in the guide right? Skogaby's mod? For more info, where are the saves stored so I can back everything up to the SD card?

Last edited by The Frenchman,

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy the ENTIRE command line for that specific N64 Game.

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/bin/n64 /usr/share/games/CLV-6-BSEPG/N64_MilosAstroLanes.z64
Path=/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-6-BSEPG
Name=N64 MilosAstroLanes
Icon=/usr/share/games/CLV-6-BSEPG/CLV-6-BSEPG.png

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-6-BSEPG
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=1
Simultaneous=0
ReleaseDate=1900-01-01
SaveCount=0
SortRawTitle=n64 milosastrolanes
SortRawPublisher=UNKNOWN
Copyright=hakchi2 ©2017 Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm SO ordering that SD breakout board!

I made a quick guide for soldering the breakout board following Skogaby's tutorial on Reddit.

View attachment 108155

As I'm just diving in the extended memory mods, when the guide says to add games to X folders, do I put in the rom or the folders which hakchi turns the rom into? (those "CLV-H-AKBHR" folders) Thanks!

Oh and after all this is installed and I want to add games, I use the hakchi2 supplied in the guide right? Skogaby's mod? For more info, where are the saves stored so I can back everything up to the SD card?

Join the discord chat and talk to skogaby himself. :)

Reactions: The Frenchman

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=N64 MilosAstroLanes

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-6-BSEPG
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=1
Simultaneous=0
ReleaseDate=1900-01-01
SaveCount=0
SortRawPublisher=UNKNOWN

Do you have glupen or mupen installed?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found how make it work!! You have to copy copyright.fnt and title.fnt inside every folder that contains games.

Hehe, that is why I included the title.fnt and copyright.fnt I have been meaning to do a video tutorial of the USB-HOST for NESC! I just keep getting sidetracked:) But, it is now higher priority due to how many people keep requesting it!

Reactions: maande80

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have glupen64 installed

The desktop file is one thing. What really matters is seeing the command line you have set up for the Game via hakchi2:) That would give a much better indication of where you stand. Also, if you load any other Core, pull up RetroArch Options, then Load Core, then see if glupen is in the list. If it is, select it, choose load content, then navigate to the directory that the N64 game is in, and you can load it that way. But, first, show me the true command line, as hakchi2, shows. There is a chance you may be running a Good Set Rom Set, which is not as optimal for the NESC/SNESC, as would be No-Intro.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been following this thread for ages thanks for all the guides ect Iv had my snes mini running perfect since it was hackable

But since doing the USB mod (which works fine btw) if had a right headache actually any game to run

First off if I copy my predone games to the USB drive it sees the games on there but I get a C3 errror then a c7 when trying to run anything (I thought u could just copy your games folder from previous hakchi and it would work)
I have 30 games on there as. Test

The second real pain is after adding games to Danthemans hakchi then holding shift and hitting synchronise choosing the USB drive I get the media is write protected every single time
Iv tried 6 different USB drives and microsd cards as well nothing will work

If I choose a folder on the hd to save to it goes through the process but the folder is empty it's all weird
it's got me beat tbh it simply won't create the games or says folder isn't empty, I take files out but then it errors lol

It's not something simple that I'm missing is it?.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 284
Last edited by tyjay,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=N64 MilosAstroLanes

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-6-BSEPG
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=1
Simultaneous=0
ReleaseDate=1900-01-01
SaveCount=0
SortRawPublisher=UNKNOWN

You are also using the wrong format

Change this :

Name=N64 MilosAstroLanes

To this:

Exec=/bin/n64 /var/games/CLV-6-BSEPG/N64_MilosAstroLanes.z64
Path=/var/saves/CLV-6-BSEPG
Name=N64 MilosAstroLanes
Icon=/var/games/CLV-6-BSEPG/CLV-6-BSEPG.png

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are also using the wrong format

Change this :

Name=N64 MilosAstroLanes

To this:

Exec=/bin/n64 /var/games/CLV-6-BSEPG/N64_MilosAstroLanes.z64
Path=/var/saves/CLV-6-BSEPG
Name=N64 MilosAstroLanes
Icon=/var/games/CLV-6-BSEPG/CLV-6-BSEPG.png
Wasn't that the old method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.