Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Higgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Actnash - can you please link to the method you used. All guides are starting with SNESCE for Dual-Boot. Like you I have a NESC I want to set-up dual-boot. I have a whole load of SNESCE kernals in all types of format. Thanks

I would just like to say, I've converted my NESCE to SNESCE and it is the shit! I set mine up for Nestopia to handle all of the NES games because in my opinion, it runs them much better than the stock emulator and doesn't have the terrible sound lag. Luckily, the snes stock emulator doesn't have these issues, so I'm using it for most of the snes games. Using genesis gx plus for Genesis and master system, which also run flawlessly. Went to my local used cd/video game store and bought 2 Wii classic controllers for about $11 each, and they work terrific. I'm running about a 100 games for each system (NES,SNES,Genesis, and Master System).
My advice is to bypass buying a SNESCE and just switch the firmware from your NES and you can have the best of both worlds.

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does the newest version of Hackchi disables the automatic censorship/epilepsy filter patching when adding alternate versions of the core games?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was reflashing my custom kernel (after updated from 2.21d to 2.21f), a message about md checksum error popped up, but I chose OK anyway and continued syncing. I then tested some games, they ran well. Will I experience any issue in the future?

You will when it tries verifying the kernel, especially when not the original. It is safe to ignore the error, however.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was reflashing my custom kernel (after updated from 2.21d to 2.21f), a message about md checksum error popped up, but I chose OK anyway and continued syncing. I then tested some games, they ran well. Will I experience any issue in the future?
Did you move your original dump over? Did you flash it back to original first? And then flash new custom?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Update:)

UPDATE 11-1-17

Merged fix for 32Mb+ GBA Saves (Mother 3, etc!) & 32Mb+ (Ocarina of Time, etc!) N64 Sram Saves (Manual N64 Saves are still unreliable, so not recommended to use!) Stick to the in-game Sram Saves! Install either RetroArch from this latest Update to have fixed Saves! Be sure to uninstall your old one first! I also updated FBA 2012.

Enjoy the Update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

wigner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Update:)

UPDATE 11-1-17

Merged fix for 32Mb+ GBA Saves (Mother 3, etc!) & 32Mb+ (Ocarina of Time, etc!) N64 Sram Saves (Manual N64 Saves are still unreliable, so not recommended to use!) Stick to the in-game Sram Saves! Install either RetroArch from this latest Update to have fixed Saves! Be sure to uninstall your old one first! I also updated FBA 2012.

Enjoy the Update!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/
Holy craps, thanks man! You sure are busy, this'll be the fourth update of yours I've DL'd and not even had the time to check out yet. Can you elaborate on your "merged fix" in this round? What is 32Mb in reference to exactly? Just large homemade or arcade roms? Or is it all GBA and save related[the fix]? Thanks again!

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy craps, thanks man! You sure are busy, this'll be the fourth update of yours I've DL'd and not even had the time to check out yet. Can you elaborate on your "merged fix" in this round? What is 32Mb in reference to exactly? Just large homemade or arcade roms? Or is it all GBA and save related[the fix]? Thanks again!

Just think, overly large compressed games, and their inability to be saved. This mostly applies to GBA/N64. Many games failed to save, but now can:) It has to do with the decompressing process and how it is unable to properly complete and manufacture a valid save, as a result.

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: TooMuchPower

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone kindly tell me how i can save progress if using Mame roms?
Im running mame2003.
Everytime i try to reset to Snes main menu i get the c8 error.
Thanks

Can't save in MAME. But, you can with FBA Cores.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tried running msx game penguin adventure from snes mini menu (msx command line as per instructions) but just get black screen and bounced back to menu.

I even tried copying the bios files to the game folder. Same problem.

However starting retroarch first and loading the core and game from there works.

Any ideas ? I used the instructions in the core which says to use the "msx" bin. I've not had any problems with any other cores. I must admit I do find it confusing sometimes as to which core certain games need especially the whole msx and neogeo stuff.

Use my Core Set

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

kdm is symphony of night playable,size wise

Yes, got it ripped to 22 mb or so.

Reactions: TooMuchPower

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You will when it tries verifying the kernel, especially when not the original. It is safe to ignore the error, however.

Okay, glad to hear that. Thanks. :)

Did you move your original dump over? Did you flash it back to original first? And then flash new custom?

I overwrote 2.21f to my 2.21d (except the folder images & hmods), then I just reflashed the custom kernel. I did not reflashed the original kernel, because some people said that you only need to reflash the custom kernel every time you update to the latest hakchi.

===============================

One more thing.
I added some NES games on my SNES Classic, the left & right background (you know, the decorative ones that you can choose on the GUI) did not show up. However, when I added NES games on my friend's Super Famicom Classic, the background is applicable, but the edges seemed to be cut a little. I thought it was my TV display settings, I changed from Wide, Super Live, 4:3, but nothing changed. Any idea why?

Last edited by maande80,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just tested on a friend's console, he plays with pixel perfect enabled, his retroarch went pixel perfect too, if he changes it in the snes classic option will retroarch follow too?

Actnash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Actnash - can you please link to the method you used. All guides are starting with SNESCE for Dual-Boot. Like you I have a NESC I want to set-up dual-boot. I have a whole load of SNESCE kernals in all types of format. Thanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...uide_transform_your_nes_classic_mini_into_an/

This website shows how to convert NESCE to SNESCE, as well as how to dual boot if you would rather go that route (look at the first comment). The reason I didn't make mine a dual boot is because I have no need for the NESCE emulator, because the sound lags so much on every game, plus there are a lot of games that don't work with the stock emulator. I use Nestopia because with the correct settings in retroarch, you can make it look exactly the same as the stock emulator, plus it plays the same (very minimal input lag) and the sound is spot on. The SNES stock emulator does not have the sound issue, and I use it for all SNES games except the ones it's not compatable with.

Reactions: bigjohnx and Higgy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o