1. Kobe46

Kobe46 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Sorry, I only tried it with SNES game. I did not test it with a NES game with nestopia. I can test that in a bit. I am just putting up the mod right now. Once I put it up I will post and test out the shaders with a NES game. I will then take a look at the CRT-PI ones, to see if something is wrong with them.

2. Daddy Horror

Daddy Horror GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im having trouble with the music hack everytime i install its say the path to music.wav is denied anyone help?

3. maande80

maande80 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    I'm one of them then. I have no pro controller to support more buttons, so I have to live with throwing apples (Aladdin) and using sub-weapon (Castlevania Bloodlines) only with Select button. Oh, well.

4. Kobe46

Kobe46 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Shader Module is completed now

You can see the repository here: https://github.com/Kobe46/Shaderlay
    The release is here: https://github.com/Kobe46/Shaderlay/releases

Please read the Readme on how to use. Really basic on how to use, but readme just in case.

Please let me know if there are any issues.

The CRT-PI shaders, currently I do not think work. Though I will work on these to try and get them to work properly.

5. rhester72

rhester72 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OK, I officially give up on C8/C2.

I know it's not memory, you can easily see that in shell. The box stays up when you C8, with no less than 115-ish MB free in every circumstance.

Pursuit of my ulimit theory didn't pan out, either. I set these limits in /etc/init.d/S81clover-map, /bin/chmenu, and /bin/retroarch-clover just before clover-mcp starts:

ulimit -n 65536
    ulimit -p 65536

and it *still* errored out eventually.

So if it's not RAM, it's not flash, and it's not ulimits...what is the resource that's being exhausted that leads to these da*n errors?!?

*sigh*

Rodney

AndyVr, ArcNoculus and Kobe46 like this.
  6. Kobe46

Kobe46 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Well I thank you for your efforts and time you put into this. But it did give us an insight of what happened. Ruling these things out is better than having no idea at all.

I thank you =D

7. diobrando19

diobrando19 Member
    Newcomer

Question, is it possible to do multiplayer on the NES Mini/Famicom Mini with Gameboy Games/Sega Gamegear games emulated via RetroArch? Just curious as to the capabilities of the emulator.

Tsaheylu likes this.
  8. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Belgium

Just follow my guide for installing MAME2003. ;)

Updating Retroarch is easy, in Hakchi go to Module-uninstall and select Retroarch and cores you want to remove. After uninstall go in the Hakchi/user-mods folder and rename or delete uninstalled retroarch and cores folders. Copy the new retroarch and/or core folder to user-mods and in Hakchi go to Module-install and select the new retroarch and/or cores and just install, thats it.

9. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I updated retroarch and all the modules to the latest versions. I opted to use snes9x2010 as the primary SNES core, and I will live with the save game glitch. However, when I exit to menu, it's not saving anything anymore. Has it been disabled? How can I enable save states?

10. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    saving in the new snes9x2010 is disbaled due the 5MB save bug. You can use the new updated snes9x2005 core that will also have saving enabled.

11. TokyoMario

TokyoMario Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Thanks for your effort. i tested them out on the fceux core. results may be different on other cores, if it works like that. it seems like all of the scalers for quality just slow down the system. the games look good, but it's too laggy. The shaders that worked were the ones with scanlines or taking the quality out to make the game look more retro.

12. sromeroi

sromeroi Member
    Newcomer

Does anybody think that we will be able to overclock the NES mini just like we do with Raspberry Pi 1? (raising it from 700Mhz to 1GHZ and doubling GPU speed made a huge difference in emulation in my Pi 1 Model b).

Just curious... maybe that way I'll be able to apply shaders in FBA/libretro with no game/sound lag...

13. TokyoMario

TokyoMario Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Man,you tried and eliminated possiblities. I enjoyed reading your technical expertise on how this is working. I couldn't have gotten as far as you have. Or even knew where to start, like you. You went through the process of elimination on the biggest possiblities. It's gotta be something smaller, but I wouldn't have a clue.

ArcNoculus likes this.
  14. ByteThis

ByteThis GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Do you have the music_hack.hmod folder inside user_mods folder ?

You can use any song that you want. Convert it in Audacity...google it..it is a free download.

Just make sure the converted song is 20mb or less. (It converts it in 16bit PCM)..which is fine to use..as I have one and it works.

When you save it..there is a "save as" drop down box...save it as 16bit PCM.

Rename the converted song music.wav and place it in the music_hack folder.

Install music_hack.hmod in Hakchi.

Success !!

Last edited by ByteThis, Mar 8, 2017
  15. keithelmcity

keithelmcity Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone got wwf wrestlefest to work ? and if so what core? thanks

16. LuckY07

LuckY07 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks, the part that was unclear was when you update a module or retroarch you always have to uninstall just those modules and then
    go back and install the updated one. Some of the instructions make it seem like you don't need to uninstall the older modules and that you can just install over which
    isn't the correct way.

17. Lukano

Lukano Member
    Newcomer

Kenya
    On the topic of snes9x2005 vs snes9x2010 (vs snes9x2002 as well I guess), is there any visual / quality difference between the cores? Or is it just audio accuracy that differs?

I went to play DKC the other day and was really put off by the image quality I was seeing when it was running 9x2005, so much so that I went and reflashed the NESC with 9x2010 and forced it to use that core. I haven't gotten back to trying the game since, but seeing above that save-states are disabled in 9x2010 due to the bug means I'm going to have to reflash again anyways.

18. AndyVr

AndyVr GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Same issue here with DKC, visuals are terrible. I'm going to try snes9x2010 and snes9x2002 core and see if that give better visuals. If you use snes9x2010 just don't save any game and there are no problems with that core, is if you save just see you don't go above the 300MB space.

19. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have it running using the mame2003 core.

keithelmcity and AndyVr like this.
  20. keithelmcity

keithelmcity Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    what games do you enjoy the most on the mame2003 ? Im a shoot em up action kinda guy . Thanks for your response

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hakchi2, simple,