Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like that's how 8Bitdo mapped those controllers (or receivers) for the NES Classic. You'd have to check the details, but from what I remember those 8bitdo controllers have different profiles, trying the one that sets it up like a Wii Classic controller should work.

RetroArch works fine with a Wii classic controller with everything already mapped sensibly.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I have. I was unable to get it to work with RA though, NES itself it works great, but once I go into RA GUI, my "Y" button becomes "A" and "X" button becomes "B", same with L and R. I noticed this when I tried Super Punch out, and went to configuration button and noticed it would register only this. When I also edited how RA GUI would use the controller in settings to bind them all it set it up, but then nothing worked because it was all A's and B's. If you had same issue then it must be something in RA that is what I suspected.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From the video I think it was mixed up. It looks like the first part was Overclocked at 100MHz, and the 2nd half was not. At the point 6:21 in video it shows it was already set to 100MHz and it was then changed to Disabled (10MHz).

So I think the 100MHz is much smoother.

That would make sense. Probably getting ahead of myself here (since I'm not jumping in on RA until 2.12 is released), but is it possible to change that setting and then save it so it doesn't need to be 'tuned' every time you load the game?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I screw up the text, because I thought that I record in logical order(first normal, then overclock) but i was lokolo XD Sorry for that. I'm already uploading a corrected version and edit the post with good one.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why didn't Nintendo make a OEM Wireless controller for the NES Classic ?
Probably too expensive considering they're retailing the system on the cheap.

Those 8bitdo Bluetooth receivers for the NES mini do map all the controls to A+B (And Turbo A and Turbo B). I wouldn't panic too much about that, 8bitdo made their firmware upgradable and are normally very good with updates. They'll probably add a Wii Classic controller profile (giving you the rest of the buttons) soon enough.
Retro Receiver NES Classic - Manual

Last edited by CalamityRaven,
Reactions: Kobe46

heygravity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am really annoyed that I sold my 2 x Wii Classic Controller Pro's. I thought I'd never use them again, but here I am trying to work out how to play SNES games on my NES Mini and wishing I'd never sold them!

VoodooRage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed a Wii Classic Pro off of Ebay for about $20 and also found a Wii Classic at a local Gamespot for about the same (so my daughter and I can play fighting games). I am so amazed how flawlessly the SNES and Genesis games run on this little thing. I forgot how gorgeous Yoshi's island was. Big thanks to the guys who made all this possible. I sent a donation after the first Hakchi but I think another round might be in order! :)

Last edited by VoodooRage,

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might Hack an original NES controller / and make it solder etc / with blue tooth receiver etc... I just want the exact feel of the NES controller with wireless capabilities.

Reactions: _Punk_Frog_

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably too expensive considering they're retailing the system on the cheap.

Those 8bitdo Bluetooth receivers for the NES mini do map all the controls to A+B (And and Turbo A and Turbo B). I wouldn't panic too much about that, 8bitdo made their firmware upgradable and are normally very good with updates. They'll probably add a Wii Classic controller profile (giving you the rest of the buttons) soon enough.
Retro Receiver NES Classic - Manual

Thanks for that, my mind must of been elsewhere, it clearly states how it functions...:wacko: Wow I look real stupid with stating this. I thought it was RA that was doing so, it was actually the classic edition receiver. Hmm I guess i need to wait for them to get firmware upgrade for this to work. dang I have bought soo many controllers now hah. I must find a way without spending more money again hah.

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried to build from latest pull, get this error:

The command "cd C:\Users\username\Source\Repos\hakchi2\user_mods\retroarch.hmod
C:\Users\username\Source\Repos\hakchi2\tools\tar.exe -czvf retroarch.hmod *
move /Y C:\Users\username\Source\Repos\hakchi2\user_mods\retroarch.hmod\retroarch.hmod C:\Users\username\Source\Repos\hakchi2\bin\Release\user_mods\" exited with code 1. hakchi_gui

Any help would be awesome!!!

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not looking for another at the moment, I think I've spent enough on this stuff for now. I do have one of the proper white Wii Classic Controllers and there is nothing at all wrong with that, it;s a great controller. I will keep an eye out for another SNES controller though but I wouldn't pay the price that most people are asking for.

I've always been really fussy about controllers and would have probably been very happy buying one of the 8Bitdo controllers but I do absolutely love the SNES Classic. When the NES Mini was released I was looking through all our old Wii controllers hoping to find the SNES Classic and then I remembered that I'd sold it because people were paying a lot for them and I didn't think that I'd ever use it again.

It was a limited edition thing that Nintendo Japan and Europe did as Club Nintendo gifts. It was simply a matter of trading in stars for whatever gift you wanted, I didn't do it often so they built up over time and all I still have from that is a Game & Watch which is still boxed and only used once and a Mario Galaxy soundtrack double CD.

The controllers weren't available for long and I'm not really sure why the USA didn't also get them but thought that maybe it was due to the differences between the American controllers and the controllers in the rest of the world. They'd have to essentially set up a second production run due to the differently coloured and shaped buttons on the US version. The rest of the world went with the yellow, red, green blue button combination on a grey background whereas the US version was purple of some reason. I was never actually keen on the purple look.
snes_controller_by_the_penciler.png

Sorry, only just seen this comment. Ignore what I said. :)
The US version was purple and grey so people wouldn't think it was a toy.

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go into project -> hakchi_gui properties -> build events

i cant find this in the menus. I have GitBash installed. I open GitBash and its just a command prompt. I look in Visual Studio and dont see project > hakchi_gui properties -> build events. where is all that located?

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go into project -> I look in Visual Studio and dont see project > hakchi_gui properties -> build events. where is all that located?

Just open the project in VS. Right click hakchi_gui in the Solution Explorer > Properties....You should be able to figure it out from there.

Edit: One note. If you are running the source version, do not over do it on games right off the bat (I did ~30 SNES as a test). Your flash will take FOREVER and possibly not even work (untested). I ended up saying screw it and flashed again with a more reasonable amount.

Last edited by jphriendly,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: how are you guys rolling dice?