Hacking HackMii v5 bricked

RoniPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other night we had a power outage. When the power went out I was instaling BootMii. Hours later the power came back on so I went back to my wiii but when I turned it on, I have not signal to the T.V. The Wii green light is on & disc runs but It will not go to boot2 or system menu. I can only do a hard shoot down to red light. Does any have a idea what to do?

System Info:
Serial Number LU10040326
System Menu 4.2U

Could I get a mod chip since I have a old syatem, autoboot disc of somegame, and use savemiifrii or somthing.

someone please help....what can I do?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
It takes less than 1 second to update boot2... bad luck...

ps: lurk into the betwiin thread, you can write boot2 manually onto the nand using an infectus... (that's an hardware operation)

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
heh, it could be that bootmii is wrote, but it was busy making the files on the sd card and they are just corrupted, tried to start your wii without sd card in ?

RoniPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright a few friends that know a little bit more about is stuff than I do are over to help.

They said that boot2 is fine but it is not Bootmii??? One said it maybe a bad ios that is making it not boot.

Anyone else have an idea on this?

Since the wii is now system menu 4.2U and nothing from HackMii has not been installed. Would I need a modchip (Wiikey or DriveKey) and a autoboot disc to update (when one comes out that is). Would this work?

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
for it to be fine, you would need 4.2 and IOS70 intact, also the IOS the autoboot disc loads

your better of loading a autoboot WADManager disc if you can and just reinstalling your System Menu

RoniPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said he didn't know so sure but he said it is more likly since the system menu has been updated that one of the IOS was bad...he thinks the disc wouldn't spin if it was boot2.

RoniPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK it is an IOS. He asked if I had a problem installing anything before this and 2 days before updating I had problems with IOS30 installing with DOP-ISO v8. Could this be my problem?

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see an answer to this: Did you try it without the SD card in?

I'm assuming you did, since multiple people are working on it... but gotta ask the obvious.

Also, try a hard shutdown? (red light or no light on wii)

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If the disc light flashes when you don't have a SD card in, BootMii is installed on your Wii.

If not, then you had really bad luck to have a power outage at that exact moment, and there's probably not much you can do other than maybe use an infectus like someone else mentioned.

However, that's assuming you installed BootMii as boot2. If you didn't, then boot2 can't possibly be corrupted
tongue.gif

I find it hard to believe that it could be a corrupted or missing IOS if it bricked when you were installing BootMii as boot2.
However, if it IS an IOS, and you don't have BootMii or preloader... I don't really know if it's possible to fix. I don't think an autoboot disc would work.

RoniPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD not SDHC

I need to learn more about Betwiin

Do I need to find a wii that is as close to mine?...... LU10040326

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks