i tried to install wiiware games on the wii and its not turning on

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets just say curiosity killed the cat.
I hope this doesn't come off as mean, it's not intended to be mean, but in the future, please satisfy your curiosity by asking someone about it first. This could've been avoided if you asked what would happen instead of being impulsive. So, hopefully you learn from this at least. I'm very sorry your Wii got bricked. Don't just install random things that you don't know what they are though, ask someone first.

Last edited by leejaclane,
Reactions: boot3

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope this doesn't come off as mean, it's not intended to be mean, but in the future, please satisfy your curiosity by asking someone about it first. This could've been avoided if you asked what would happen instead of being impulsive. So, hopefully you learn from this at least. I'm very sorry your Wii got bricked. Don't just install random things that you don't know what they are though, ask someone first.

Also, probably a bad idea to give that shop01media website your credit card info.
Absolutely, this is just what happens when people don't know what they're doing. It sucks, but sometimes there's just nothing you can do.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is the possibility that you can use the gamecube controller trick to install a system menu. But if you were already on 4.3 you're probably out of luck. You need an original game disc with an update greater than your system currently had installed. Plug a gamecube controller into port 4 and insert the game, when the system is attempting to boot press all 4 directions on the dpad at the same time. This will force a system update from the disc. You may need to modify the controller to be able to do this as well. Other then a hardware programmer this is probably your only option without bootmii as boot2.

On another note, I did pretty much the same thing along time ago but my wii was still under warranty at the time so was able to get it replaced by Nintendo for free since with this type of brick they can't tell what caused it and couldn't detect the homebrew installed on it.

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But if you were already on 4.3 you're probably out of luck. You need an original game disc with an update greater than your system currently had installed.
Even then, I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to find a Wii with a version before 4.3 nowadays :/
Post automatically merged:

What game is that?
Only one of the greatest ever made!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

ShdwTakashi, why don't you throw the wii away and buy a new one? I can find one for 15€ in my country (even cheaper), it's a wii not a wiiu​

Because:
  • Prices for retro games are increasing like mad (the bottom of Wii prices was reached before the pandemic-:shit:… hardly a flea market without at least one cheap Wii)
  • It is wasteful and decadent
  • Wii aren't produced anymore (and the statement "there are enough Wii consoles" is stupid and loses truthfulness with every trashed Wii
  • One doesn't learn anything from buying another one opposed to repair/restore attempts (even failed ones)
  • A fully software bricked Wii contains usable parts when unable or unwilling to repair
    • Disc drive
    • GC connectors
    • Mainboard as donor as some voltage regulators are dying

If I think harder I'll find more reasons, but that should be enough for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?