Hacking Hackmii Not Responding - Can't Upgrade Homebrew Channel

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an answer to this months ago but can't find the topic I made so Ile ask again.

A long time ago i installed cioscorp on a friend's wii and right now i think it's blocking me from running hackmi. The auto update for the homebrew channel is not working and any time I try using hackmii it won't respond when I press 1 over and over.

Any idea what I have to do to get hackmii working again?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how exactly do I do that?

If you don't know then can someone tell me how to search for all the topics ive already made? If you can then Ile just look up what the response was months ago.

PS: yes i fixed it but that was just for my wii, i made the same mistake on a friends and am just now getting around to it.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the following guide to reinstall system menu , it will overwrite all cioscorp files. If you still want cioscorp just update the hombrew channel before installing cioscorp again.

<!--quoteo(post=1867519:date=Apr 1 2009, 01:38 PM:name=assassda)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(assassda @ Apr 1 2009, 01:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1867519"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->This is the ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.0<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->for EUR and USA Wiis only not JAP or KOREAN

<b>There are two methods described in this guide. Online and completely Offline installations. The Online installation is the safer method. They should both work on ANY Wii besides LU64+. You only need to use one guide, they both do the same thing. Please read the entire thread including FAQ before asking a question.</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Online Downgrade/Upgrade</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--cIOS or vulnerable IOS36
--Wifi Connection (Ethernet doesnt work)
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?xzdzrmmnoj0" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?xzdzrmmnoj0</a> (07-09-09)

1) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

2) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

3) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

4) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

5) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

6) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode

7) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader

8) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

9) Install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

10) Run the 4.0 Updater

11) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

12) You must now hold reset while powering on to boot to the homebrew channel and reinstall preloader

13) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Offline Downgrade/Upgrade</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?tm53unmfmny" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?tm53unmfmny</a> (07-09-2009)

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->This package contains instructions on how to acquire the necessary files from Nintendo to do an offline update
This package will work on ANY Wii! Virgin or Nintendo Official Updated without cios!!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
1) Extract the files somewhere on your hard drive such as C:\wii\ and run prepare.bat and choose your desired version

2) Check that the WAD files are correct with MooSFV. If any files are not correct run clean.bat and start over

3) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

4) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

5) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

6) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

7) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

8) Load CMDVDX35.dol through the homebrew channel. Choose Downgrade IOS35. It might say network error, it might not. just ignore it and choose Exit

9) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4.dol. Choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

10) If you do not have cIOS installed yet Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 choose IOS35 and install cios_fix.wad then restart

11) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation

12) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on.

13) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad

14) It is highly recommended that you install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

15) Hold reset while powering on to access preloader and set preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->You can now use Backup Loaders and run Virtual Console and WiiWare from the SD Channel!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I recommend Backup Launcher NeoGamma for Wii Backups

<a href="http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884" target="_blank">http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884</a>

If you want Gamecube backups install the custom MIOS and use Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2

<a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142535" target="_blank">http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142535</a>

You can also now install a USB Loader. I reccomend USB Loader GX

<a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922" target="_blank">http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922</a>

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>If you want to load games from the disc channel you must install CIOSCORP
The following section applies to both Online and Offline installations.
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b>

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->NOTE: NO ASKING FOR LINKS TO CIOS WADS
This section has some risks and is OPTIONAL
if you follow instructions you will be fine.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

1) Put WAD Manager 1.3 on your sd card

<a href="http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/WAD-Manager_v1.3.zip" target="_blank">http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/WAD-Manager_v1.3.zip</a>

2) Install the CIOSCORP WADs

can be found in Softmii or MiiWii packages

3) Install CIOS60BF.wad

google "CIOS60HK.zip"

4) Your system menu will now say "System Files Corrupt" but dont worry! just hold reset and launch the Homebrew Channel and install Preloader 0.29 AGAIN

5) Enable update blocker in preloader. Hold RESET and power on. Change preloader options and hacks

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Frequently Asked Questions<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->How do I fix Homebrew Channel going to a black screen?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

reinstall it with bannerbomb

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->What if I cant install Bootmii? What if the NAND backup fails?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Chances are you will be fine, its just another security measure which I have never needed to use.

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Is my console BRICKED!?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

If you have Bootmii boot2 or preloader then you are fine. Turn your Wii OFF to the RED light and then hold RESET and turn it on then load the HBC
If you have cIOS installed run cIOS Downgrader
If you dont have cIOS installed use the Offline Downgrade method

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Will this work with Softmii? MiiWii? old version of cIOS? etc<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Theres no need to uninstall anything first. You can install CIOSCORP on 4.0 using this guide

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Will this work with Starfall? Preloader 0.28?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

No. You MUST use Preloader 0.29. Starfall hacks wont work on 4.0. Use the latest preloader hacks.ini

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Do original discs work with/without CIOSCORP?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Yes. CIOSCORP and CIOS60 only affect Backup Discs

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->How do I fix the error when installing preloader "current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed"?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Install "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" which can be found on a disc or using the Offline Pack

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->How do I fix the error "You are a pirate" in CMDVDX35?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

delete the cioscorp folder from your sd card and run NandClean <a href="http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151590" target="_blank">http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151590</a>

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->How do I fix (X)?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Chances are you messed up directions somewhere. Start from Step 1!

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Credits: Team Twiizers, Waninkoko, tona, WB3000, Crediar, WiiGator, WiiBlaster, wiiNinja, ubercow<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm the above worked for me, I installed CIOSCORP on a friend's Wii several months ago, when I went to update it recently the HackMii installer didn't work. This is due to CIOSCORP causing a conflict with the HackMii Installer (the modified version of CIOS36 doesn't work with the installer) which causes the remotes to never identify.

The simplest solution is to follow the upgrade procedure to overwrite all the IOS's on your system, which effectively removes CIOSCORP. Then the HackMii installer will work like gravy.
wink.gif

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or you could just have installed an official IOS36. Then install Hackmii, afterwards put cIOS36 back.

But I agree, you're better of without cIOScORPS. Especially with the USB-loaders and all
smile.gif

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Or you could just have installed an official IOS36. Then install Hackmii, afterwards put cIOS36 back.

But I agree, you're better of without cIOScORPS. Especially with the USB-loaders and all
smile.gif

If i can get a ios36 wad file and install it by wadmanger i can install hackmii ????? Why must i install cios36 again afterwards ???

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the 1 button not working is not from cioscorp although it does cause other problems. You need to sync your wiimote by pressing the red button on the wii by the sd slot and the red button on the wiimote next to the batteries

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfje said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:

smile.gif

If i can get a ios36 wad file and install it by wadmanger i can install hackmii ????? Why must i install cios36 again afterwards ???

That's if you want to preserve your cioscorp install. If you don't, then don't install cios36 again.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lexip; said:
Well the 1 button not working is not from cioscorp although it does cause other problems. You need to sync your wiimote by pressing the red button on the wii by the sd slot and the red button on the wiimote next to the batteries

In my experience, this did absolutely nothing to help the Wiimote not being recognized, after about 5 attempts trying to sync I knew something was wrong. It was only after I removed CIOSCORP by upgrading that the problem went away, and I was able to install BootMii and an updated version of HBC.

And yeah you can just use IOS36 only as others have stated, I just mentioned upgrading all the IOS's as it's my preferred method. I personally consider CIOSCORP to be unnecessary.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
just grab a legit IOS36 from NUSDownloader and install with WADManager has worked on about 9 Wii's that had CORP on for me so far.

and if you dont use a USBLoader and rely on disc channel loading simply take cIOS36 from the cioscorp folder, copy it to /wads and reinstall it with wadmanager, if you use a USBLoader i would leave it as the standard version.

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Just out of curiosity, what method did you use ?

Used cios downgrade to reinstall the same firmware I was already on ( 3.2. )

That overwrote cioscorp and from there I just followed the 4.0 ultimate guide from the beginning to get that wii up to speed.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my god, you just told him to follow a complete guide to downgrade his wii/ upgrade or whatever, when all he had to do was install an original IOS36...

then hackmii would've loaded properly.

EDIT: oh well, he already fixed it lol there was something else i was gonna say too, but i've forgotten what it was... it'll come back i hope lol

EDIT:2 i think it was about the 1 button issue, in my experience, whenever i'm doing someone's wii it always takes like 30 seconds for the press 1 button to appear, then about 10 seconds till it actually registers that you've presed one. i press it constantly to make sure lol

also, hackmii installer beta 1 seems to work fine with cIOSCORP... at least, when i installed it on mine it worked, and beta 2 for that matter...

but the one i tried with my mates installed beta 1 but not beta 2, that was definately because of cIOSCORP, dunno why it never happened to me though :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly