Hacking Hacking the system menu to have more than 64 channels ?

seb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edit: Sorry, not 64 channels but 48...

Does anyone know how to add blank pages to the system menu GUI ? Is it possible ?

I would like to have 50 or 100 more blank channels to put my usb forwarders. Another solution could be reducing the size of the channels windows to have a 5X4 windows pattern instead of 4x3... or a configurable pattern like the USBLoager GX GUI.

Please don't flame me if it's not possible, it's just an idea i throw...
smile.gif

seb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thx thats what I wanted to know.
smile.gif

Too bad...

@computerboy: I'm in 3.2. No SD Menu. I'm not planning to update to 4.2 since i use Triiforce to emulate my nand and have plenty of space on my ext. HDD. With this config, the SD Menu is useless... I want to shortcut the process of loading usb games and adding a step will not help me
smile.gif

The problem is that i want to have an unlimited # of channel for my forwarders. Having to install a forwarder from the SD Menu each time i want to play a usb game it's not the solution.

Thx for your responses.

I'll look for some heavy hacking tutorials to understand the way that the system handles the menu GUI.

Edit: Ok here we go... there's a thread on the WiiBrew forum about this hack... but nothing usefull. I'll have to disassemble the system menu app and take a look at it.

Adding Channel Pages?

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Just use the homebrew channel to boot your USB Loaders?
Since bootmii, I abandoned the System Menu, it's only use is to change system configurations, like widescreen.

C

CasperH

I think the limit is there for a reason, maybe memory limitations (just a guess)

seb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't think to that... having like 150 animated channels displayed at a time could take a lot of RAM... so modifiyng the pattern should not help but adding some blank pages yes depending on how the RAM handles them...

Anyway, i'll keep my favorites games as forwarders and the others on USBLoader GX GUI.

I like the concept of usb game forwarders on the main menu. I have 2 young kids here who likes to play Diego or Bakugan at the Wii and a simple channel to simplify the loading proccess is the best (and safest) way to go I think.

You can close this topic... it's going anywhere
smile.gif

PsychoSk8r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure the system menu only shows the current page, next page, and previous page's channels in memory, since a bad WAD will only make the Wii crash if I go to the page before it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.