Hacked Wii vs. Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Jwiz33, Jan 18, 2015.

?

Do you agree a hacked Wii is like a Wii U?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2016.
  1. Yeah.

14.3%
  2. NO U LOSER WHY WOULD THAT MAKE SENSE >:(

14.3%
  3. No, in the nicest way possible

71.4%
  1. Jwiz33
    OP

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
    Well, a lot (not all) of the things a Wii U can do, a modded Wii can also do (in a lower level, of course:P)

I'll make a list:

Wii U Hacked Wii
    New Super Mario Bros. U | Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii + many more NSMBW Hacks
    vWii Mode | The Wii Itself
    Mario Kart 8 | Mario Kart Wii Hacks
    99c 3rd Party eShop Games | Homebrew Games Chatting with friends on Miiverse | WiiChat Homebrew
    Miiverse | uhh.. I dunno. comment what you think

The list goes on! Comment more to add to the list!

2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    The Wii is nowhere near as powerful as the Wii U. Just a probably wrong estimation on my head - The Wii U has about 20 times more total RAM then the Wii. More than twice as many pixels can be displayed on screen with the Wii U. There's no hack for that.

Good thing I'm not one of those people who care only about specs, not the quality of the console itself, or I would've quit the Wii a long time ago. But yeah, I think the Wii U is better, simply for its game library.

3. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I misunderstood the question, I thought you were asking if a hacked wii was like the hacked vwii on a Wii U, so I hit yes (there are only very very few things that a hacked Wii can do that a hacked vWii can't do(yet), such as playing any gamecube games that utilized the GBA-link, though I suspect that this may be something that will be doable in Nintendont in time with the gamecube controller adapter). But after reading again I see you're asking if a hacked Wii is like a Wii U, and the obvious answer is no, not at all, a Wii U is sooooo much better, having both, I can attest to this.

4. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I like the fact that you can play VC games on 4:3 aspect ratio, also the data carring through HDMI is more "clean" in both video and audio,I'm talking about vWii vs Wii, one advantage of the original Wii is this works with only one data cable for HDDs, Wii U needs externalpower supply.

5. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Well, people can try but these games hacks will never be the same as the original. You can only do so much with hacking, There's a NSMBU hack for NSMBW but it doesn't have the additional items and you can't use the gamepad to aid you.

You can try to simulate Mario Kart 8 tracks in Mario Kart Wii but it will still play like Mario Kart Wii... We've seen that with the retro stages in many Mario Karts. Do you feel like you're actually playing Mario Kart 64 when you're playing a n64 retro stage in Mario Kart Wii? No, you feel like you're playing a N64 stage in Mario Kart Wii...

These games take years to make and take lots of people and resources, people can try their best to simulate the new games with hacks but a small team can't easily make a perfect copy of what a big company make. You can get close, but it will never feel right like the true thing

matpower likes this.