Homebrew Hacked Wii vs. Wii U?

Do you agree a hacked Wii is like a Wii U?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jwiz33

OP
Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, a lot (not all) of the things a Wii U can do, a modded Wii can also do (in a lower level, of course:P)

I'll make a list:

Wii U Hacked Wii
New Super Mario Bros. U | Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii + many more NSMBW Hacks
vWii Mode | The Wii Itself
Mario Kart 8 | Mario Kart Wii Hacks
99c 3rd Party eShop Games | Homebrew Games Chatting with friends on Miiverse | WiiChat Homebrew
Miiverse | uhh.. I dunno. comment what you think

The list goes on! Comment more to add to the list!

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii is nowhere near as powerful as the Wii U. Just a probably wrong estimation on my head - The Wii U has about 20 times more total RAM then the Wii. More than twice as many pixels can be displayed on screen with the Wii U. There's no hack for that.

Good thing I'm not one of those people who care only about specs, not the quality of the console itself, or I would've quit the Wii a long time ago. But yeah, I think the Wii U is better, simply for its game library.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I misunderstood the question, I thought you were asking if a hacked wii was like the hacked vwii on a Wii U, so I hit yes (there are only very very few things that a hacked Wii can do that a hacked vWii can't do(yet), such as playing any gamecube games that utilized the GBA-link, though I suspect that this may be something that will be doable in Nintendont in time with the gamecube controller adapter). But after reading again I see you're asking if a hacked Wii is like a Wii U, and the obvious answer is no, not at all, a Wii U is sooooo much better, having both, I can attest to this.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I like the fact that you can play VC games on 4:3 aspect ratio, also the data carring through HDMI is more "clean" in both video and audio,I'm talking about vWii vs Wii, one advantage of the original Wii is this works with only one data cable for HDDs, Wii U needs externalpower supply.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wii U Hacked Wii
New Super Mario Bros. U | Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii + many more NSMBW Hacks
vWii Mode | The Wii Itself
Mario Kart 8 | Mario Kart Wii Hacks
99c 3rd Party eShop Games | Homebrew Games Chatting with friends on Miiverse | WiiChat Homebrew
Miiverse | uhh.. I dunno. comment what you think

Well, people can try but these games hacks will never be the same as the original. You can only do so much with hacking, There's a NSMBU hack for NSMBW but it doesn't have the additional items and you can't use the gamepad to aid you.

You can try to simulate Mario Kart 8 tracks in Mario Kart Wii but it will still play like Mario Kart Wii... We've seen that with the retro stages in many Mario Karts. Do you feel like you're actually playing Mario Kart 64 when you're playing a n64 retro stage in Mario Kart Wii? No, you feel like you're playing a N64 stage in Mario Kart Wii...

These games take years to make and take lots of people and resources, people can try their best to simulate the new games with hacks but a small team can't easily make a perfect copy of what a big company make. You can get close, but it will never feel right like the true thing

Reactions: matpower

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1