blizzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.blizzo.co.uk
XP
Country
@jservs7
Which BIOS files are you using and which ROM set of Samurai Showdown?

@djdynamite123
Does it code dump or say Out of Memory at (e:\...\driver.c:579) and then quit back to HBC? If it says Out of memory you need the mslugx.cf in the conf directory, else wise i dunno
frown.gif

Yes, I plan to add a proper in-game menu, and fix the aspect ratio. I have other work commitments so I can't tell you exactly when... maybe today (for aspect ratio and controls) if I can see how to do it easily (i'll drink some beers, that always helps!!).

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Out of Memory at (e:\...\driver.c:579) and then quit back to HBC?yeh
smile.gif

QUOTEYes, I plan to add a proper in-game menu, and fix the aspect ratio. I have other work commitments so I can't tell you exactly when... maybe today (for aspect ratio and controls) if I can see how to do it easily (i'll drink some beers, that always helps!!).
keep them beers long & cool
tongue.gif

brill hope you could (no rush**)

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blizzo said:
@jservs7
Which BIOS files are you using and which ROM set of Samurai Showdown?
Not sure about the SS set, but its a 8.21MB file (CRC 8ecb0a99). As for BIOS files, here are the files in my roms folder:

000-lo.lo
aes-bios.bin = CRC d27a71f1
sfix.sfx
sp-s2.sp1
uni-bios.rom = CRC 015e77bf
usa_2slt.bin = CRC e72943de
vs-bios.rom = CRC f0e8f27d
asia-s3.rom = CRC 91b64be3

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@blizzo: the gamecube port of VBA used a software memory "swapping" method to handle big ROM files in memory (load the max memory chunk then play and when the emulator wants to read ROM outside this chunk, reload it, etc...)
i looked into the code out of curiosity and seemed quite easy to understand (and quite smart)
maybe you could implement it in your emu

nice work btw, was is hard to port SDL to GX ?

jeffreygoldfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested out the Classic Controller on Metal Slug 2, and to put it bluntly, it doesn't respond well. Although the insert coin button is on Select, it seemed to respond better if I pressed L before trying, and I couldn't get to the character select screen by Start, I just had to wait for the 30 seconds to end. The jump and fire buttons worked, but again, they needed long, hard presses for the game to do their actions, and it seemed to lose all functionality after a while, requiring the controller to be unplugged and plugged back in again. Still, the Wii Remote works just fine for me, but it's always nice to have the option of other pads.

blizzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.blizzo.co.uk
XP
Country
@Jacobeian
I am working on something similar, I did not know VBA did it... I will look, thanks for the heads up. I had metal slug 3 almost booting, but it crashes hehe... that one has 64MiB of GFX ROMs hehe
tongue.gif

@jeffreygoldfish
That sucks, I have no classic controller so I have no way to test it and I just coded the classic controller stuff using the wiiuse docs (which are quite light), they are not expensive (but they are ugly) so I might order one.

@djdynamite123
"sound false" in the config file will disable the sound, which is good cos it means that the sounds ROMs don't have to be loaded, which saves space... space enough to load the large GFX ROMs also it should run better cos the sound is not emulated
smile.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blizzo said:
@jservs7
If other rom sets load, try a different set for SS. It might be a bad set or it could be a bug when using that particular set.
Just tested 2 different versions of Pulstar and 4 different versions of SS, but I still get a SYSTEM ROM ERROR. Mind giving me the CRCs on the other files needed to run everything correctly?

blizzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.blizzo.co.uk
XP
Country
@jservs7
OK, not the rom sets then hehe
My config file (/gxgeo/conf/gngeorc) is :
Code:
country usa
system arcade
And my BIOS files in /gxgeo/roms/ are:
Code:
000-lo.loÂÂÂÂ E09E253C
SFIX.SFXÂÂÂÂÂÂ354029FC
usa_2slt.binÂÂE72943DE
Using the latest version (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Image:Gxgeo05b.zip) I just started Metal Slug X and the 045-*.bin set of Samurai Showdown (which I suck at).

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
blizzo said:
@Jacobeian
I am working on something similar, I did not know VBA did it... I will look, thanks for the heads up. I had metal slug 3 almost booting, but it crashes hehe... that one has 64MiB of GFX ROMs hehe
tongue.gif

this remember be of those old "neorageX" times when I only got 64MB of RAM in my PC

what does "GFX" files exactly contain btw ? and how did the emulator handles these to render the screen ? I guess you will have to modify the original GxGeo rendering engine quite a lot to get it working

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blizzo said:
@jservs7
OK, not the rom sets then hehe
My config file (/gxgeo/conf/gngeorc) is :
Code:
country usa
system arcade
And my BIOS files in /gxgeo/roms/ are:
Code:
000-lo.loÂÂÂÂ E09E253C
SFIX.SFXÂÂÂÂÂÂ354029FC
usa_2slt.binÂÂE72943DE
Using the latest version (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Image:Gxgeo05b.zip) I just started Metal Slug X and the 045-*.bin set of Samurai Showdown (which I suck at).
I set my config file as yours and changed my 000-lo.lo file and it worked!
biggrin.gif

I have a wireless Gamecube controller attached to my Wii and I was wondering do I have to have it disconnected to use my Wiimote? When its attached, I have to use the Gamecube controller to select my roms and reboot to the Homebrew Channel, but its not responsive to any movements if I try to play a game.

EDIT: My Pulstar (pstar) rom set stays stuck on the WARNING screen.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have a wireless Gamecube controller attached to my Wii and I was wondering do I have to have it disconnected to use my Wiimote? When its attached, I have to use the Gamecube controller to select my roms and reboot to the Homebrew Channel, but its not responsive to any movements if I try to play a game.

gamecube pad takes control if its plugged in, otherwise wiimote is 2nd controler
yeah disconect, (shame like)

blizzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.blizzo.co.uk
XP
Country
@Jacobeian
The gfx roms are basically a big set of tiles. I've already made the adjustments required to support on-demand gfx loading, so it shouldn't be too hard to finish - It uses the gfx dumps used in gngeo2x. I only stopped cos I wanted to fix some other stuff and put out a version for people to have a play with.

@jservs7
Good news! Yeah you will have to unplug it, I'm currently changing the way it works.. I know some people have modded wireless GC controllers in to their Wiis, so i'm currently re-working the controller interface.

@MickeyBlue
Thanks! I will add it to the GxGeo wiki page if you don't mind?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Good news! Yeah you will have to unplug it, I'm currently changing the way it works.. I know some people have modded wireless GC controllers in to their Wiis, so i'm currently re-working the controller interface.
yeah i was gunna mention about that, I'm buying a wavebird or a 3rd party one, worth having
tongue.gif

cucukshow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
this link for download on wiki (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Blizzo/GxGeo) is not work can anyone help me find another link

greetz
(-:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch