XP
Country
United States
blizzo said:
OK, Garou will not work
frown.gif
It's too big. I know, sucks... but, i'm working on it
smile.gif

Not sure why it's code dumping it should print a simple Out of Memory error and then exit. /me looks
edit: was memory allocation bug
Ok, so I tried loading 2 versions of Samurai Showdown roms. One which is 7.97MB gave me a code dump error, the other which is 8.21MB actually showed up on the list (first rom I tried that actually showed up on the list), but when it shows the list of bin files loading, I get a green screen and a screen that shows "SYSTEM ROM ERROR".
frown.gif

EDIT: Noticed that the 8.21MB rom of SS had system and bios files inside of it, so I'm not sure if I need to update or remove any of the files inside of the SS zip file.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to sound like a broken record here but this was the one emulator i was dying for to be released and now it finally has and it's not working. i've put the boot.dol and all that in the apps folder as you're meant to, i'm not a n00b in this scene i know how to load apps, but for some reason when i click on the emulator it goes up to 3% and thne just sticks there. even if i put the roms in the wrong folder and all that jazz the emulator should at least start up right? what am i doing wrong?

everything else works and loads beautifully so i dont think it's a corrupt SD card.

MickeyBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Cool it is out strongly that I can play a SNK vs. Capcom because I do not see in the list on the emulator, thank you a lot for this great emulator, is there a list of compatible games?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
HERE IS NAM 1975 video
smile.gif
and instructions! by ME!!

To get this to work download the uni bios set for neo geo, open config in the config folder of neogeo, edit it and set to uni bios, exit save.....

Now in roms & bios folder, extract the contents of the unibios pack into the folder, keep the rar file in there as well, wak in a few roms, IF THEY ARE TOO BIG i think over 20mb they WILL CODE DUMP!!!

+++Respect love it!

Just forgot, mind my baby girl, had to take off her morning baby TV
tongue.gif

MickeyBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the vidéo
wink.gif

Last Blade (lastblad.zip) WORK
wink.gif
Size : 25.09 Mo
Metal Slug X (mslugx.zip) CODE DUMP
frown.gif
Size : 27.17 Mo
Last Blade 2 (lastbld2.zip) Not in the list of games
frown.gif
Size : 30.88 Mo

So I would say that games should not exceed approximately 25 MBit.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
mhhh why just don't inject Neo-Geo games in Neo-Geo VC games? It has almost 100% compatibility with Unibios.

Samshos, Metal Sluggers works perfect

MickeyBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
you have a list with the NeoGeo games inject?

Because I do not think any games NeoGeo works especially big games style SNK vs. Capcom.

Strongly GxGeo version, which supports more games
tongue.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
mhhh why just don't inject Neo-Geo games in Neo-Geo VC games? It has almost 100% compatibility with Unibios.
do you realise how big neo geo injects are??????
we dont have a 80gb storage on the wii
tongue.gif
not only that we cant fit more than 48 channels ha
frown.gif

there are a possible 100 neogeo injects i believe, i know because i had them..

jeffreygoldfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The VC doesn't have Nunchuk support and 20mb is about the biggest size the injections support I think, plus there's the possibility this will have customizable controls, video settings and dipswitch access once it moves further long. Not to mention on a PAL console you need AnyRegion Changer to set the video display to NTSC to make VC games run at the full speed and size, so this already looks like the better option.

I played Metal Slug, Cyber-Lip, Blue's Journey, Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown II, NAM 1975, Magician Lord and Neo Bomberman, and they all appear to work perfectly! I was expecting the first release to be like Wii64 where it'd just be proof that it could be done, but would need some time to be perfected, but this is some magnificent work.
I only played the first mission of Metal Slug 2, and it didn't appear to have any irregularities that weren't in the original game, so that's still good!

I've had a few problems, though. Metal Slug X booted me back to the Homebrew Channel after loading; Spin Master went to a black screen once I inserted a coin (but still allowed the HBC to be returned to), and Shock Troopers had the graphics appear as incomprehensible tiles and blocks, probably because I was missing a BIOS file or something. Ninja Commando returned to the HBC after loading, though I may have just had a bad ROM. Top Hunter looks and sounds fine - it's just how the characters walk in mid-air and have difficulty dropping down to land, and even then they won't follow slopes correctly. Sengoku 3 doesn't appear on the menu.

I'll admit I'm not too happy with the GameCube controller having higher priority than the Wii Remote. It doesn't have a way to return to the Homebrew Channel, and the Wii Remote as the second player can't do that even if it's still active, which is a bit of a hassle - and I don't know if it's exclusive to Cyber-Lip, but the B button was the NeoGeo's B button, and A was the game's A, meaning a button I'd normally use to jump was for shooting and vice versa. The Wii Remote works just fine, though. I haven't tested out the Nunchuk or Classic Controller yet.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
MickeyBlue said:
you have a list with the NeoGeo games inject?

All region free, with banner, without save feature. Bolded ones have somekind of problem

2020 Super Baseball
Aero Fighters 2 - (no sound)
Aero Fighters 3 - (no sound)

Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Alpha Mission 2
Andro Dunos
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2
Art of Fighting 3
Bakakonosama Mahjong Manyuki
Bang Bead
Baseball Stars Professonal
Baseball Stars 2
Battle Flip Shot
Blazing Star
Blues Journey
Breakers
Breakers Revenge
Burning Fight (set 1)
Captain Tomaday
Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
Crossed Swords
Cyber-Lip
Digger Man (prototype) (No credits, then cant start)
Double Dragon
Eight Man
Far East of Eden - Kabuki Klash
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury 3
Fatal Fury Special
Fight Fever (set 1)
Fighters Swords
Football Frenzy
Galaxy Fight - Universal Warriors
Ghost Pilots - VC
Ghostlop (prototype) (No credits, then cant start)
Goal Goal Goal
Gururin (Graphic problems)
The Irritating Maze (Don't boot)
Jyanshin Densetsu
Jockey Grand Prix (Don't boot)
Karnov's Revenge
The King of Fighters 94
The King of Fighters 95 (set 1)
The King of Fighters 96 (set 1) (Dont boot)
King of the Monsters (set 1)
King of the Monsters 2
Super Tag Battle (Graphic problems)
Last Resort
League Bowling (Some sound samples are missing, but its playable. Cant be fixed)
Legend of Success Joe
Magician Lord (set 1)
Magical Drop 2
Magical Drop 3
Mahjong Kyoreksuden
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Minnasanno Okagesamadesu
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Mutation Nation
Nam-1975
Neo Bomberman
Neo Drift Out (Graphic problems)
Neo Mr Do
Neo No Panepon (No sound)
Neo Pong
Neo Turf Masters
Neo-Geo Cup 98 (Graphic problems)
Nightmare in the Dark
Ninja Combat (set 1)
Ninja Commando
Ninja Masters
Over Top
Panic Bomber
Pleasure Goal
Pochi and Nyaa
Pop n Bounce (No sound)
Power Spikes 2
Pulstar
Puzzle Bobble (set 1)
Puzzle Bobble 2
Puzzle De Pon
Puzzle De Pon R (Graphic problems)
Puzzled - Joy Joy Kid
Quiz Daisousa Sen - The Last Count Down
Quiz King of Fighters
Quiz Meitantei Neo Geo
Ragnagard
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Riding Hero (No credits, then cant start)
Robo Army (set 1)
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown 2
Samurai Shodown 3
Samurai Shodown 4
Savage Reign
Sengoku 1
Sengoku 2
Sengoku 3
Shock Troopers (set 1)
Spin Master
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner 2
Street Hoop
Soccer Brawl
Super Dodge Ball
Super Sidekicks (Graphic problems)
Super Sidekicks 2 - The World Championship
Super Sidekicks 3 - The Next Glory (Graphic problems)
Tecno World Soccer 96
The Super Spy
Syougi No Tatsujin - Master of Syougi Thrash Rally
Top Hunter - Roddy & Cathy
Top Players Golf
Twinkle Star Sprites
The Ultimate 11 (Graphic problems)
Viewpoint (Graphic problems)
V-Liner (Dont boot)
Voltage Fighter Waku Waku 7
Windjammers - Flying Power Disc World Heroes 2
World Heroes 2 Jet (set 2)
World Heroes Perfect
Zed Blade
Zintrick (No sound)
Zupapa!

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
do you realise how big neo geo injects are??????
we dont have a 80gb storage on the wii
tongue.gif
not only that we cant fit more than 48 channels ha
frown.gif

there are a possible 100 neogeo injects i believe, i know because i had them..

I think memory is a minor annoyance when you have the chance of playing a perfect emulated game without loading times.

blizzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.blizzo.co.uk
XP
Country
@misticknight
That is very strange
frown.gif
I don't know why that would happen, you could try using wiiload to load the file from your PC. I'm sorry I don't have any other ideas
frown.gif

@jeffreygoldfish
You can quit using the game cube controller by pressing Left Trigger and Right Trigger all the way down simultaneously, and it takes priority cos I didn't work out how to do it any other way
wink.gif
And I will add the ability to change the controls right now.... but it'll be in a config file. Also, I agree with you about the A and B buttons being the wrong way round hehe
tongue.gif

@all
There is a newer version on wiibrew that should not code dump if you try to load a large romset. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Image:Gxgeo05b.zip Download that now
wink.gif

Any romset where the size of the sound and gfx roms exceeds ~48MiB will not load. You can get Metal Slug X to load if you disable sound (I played it just now), you can do this on a per game basis. If you create a file called mslugx.rf and write
Code:
 sound false
The new package contains a config file for metal slug x with the sound disabled.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jeffreygoldfish said:
The VC doesn't have Nunchuk (1) support and 20mb is about the biggest size the injections support I think (2), plus there's the possibility this will have customizable controls, video settings and dipswitch access once it moves further long. (3) Not to mention on a PAL console you need AnyRegion Changer to set the video display to NTSC to make VC games run at the full speed and size, so this already looks like the better option. (4)

(1)Yeah, that's true, most when you think about NeoGeo games were desingned around Arcade sticks and 4 face buttons scheme.

(2)No, Samurai Shodown 4 is around 60mb, and it's is injeted.

(3)Hold start and press B+A+X duh!

(4)The default region for SNK list that I posted is for Europe, there all are region free!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Also, I agree with you about the A and B buttons being the wrong way round hehe
i noticed that like, but this emu is great, really happy with it, of course many things to iron out, but for a first public release...? PERFECT
shock troopers 1&2 have no issues...hmmm cant understand the other guy having problems, the only issue for me, is it's not full screen
frown.gif
4/3 mode) on 16/9 any progression on it blizzo (config) file

metal slugX 27mb "memory error" i guess over 25mb is where the problems kick in
frown.gif
hopefully you fix this blizzo, thanx

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blizzo said:
@all
There is a newer version on wiibrew that should not code dump if you try to load a large romset. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Image:Gxgeo05b.zip Download that now
wink.gif

Any romset where the size of the sound and gfx roms exceeds ~48MiB will not load. You can get Metal Slug X to load if you disable sound (I played it just now), you can do this on a per game basis. If you create a file called mslugx.rf and write
Code:
 sound false
The new package contains a config file for metal slug x with the sound disabled.
Just downloaded your newest version, but I'm still getting a SYSTEM ROM ERROR when I try to load Samurai Showdown.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
i have the latest version blizzo, tried loading meta slug x 27mb, and received memory error, over 25mb causes issues with memory leaking.

Hey, atleast we got ouselves another GX emu
tongue.gif

Blizzo, down the road............are you going to add a menu? fix controller A-B, video settings, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!