Hacking GW3D not showing up in emuNAND

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With bigger Micro-SD Cards, it seems emunand kick you back in sysnand as soon as you go to settings.

Because if you remove the Micro-SD Card, the N3DS doesn't crash, which mean you aren't on emunand anymore so of course, don't update until Gateway team fix it.

For now, stay at emunand 9.0~9.2 if you use a bigger Micro-SD Card.

If you use the original 4 GB one from the N3DS, it should display GW and you can update without any problems (did it).

ghry : I tried that yesterday but at least for me, emunand was still showing 6000 blocks left, so it doesn't see the extra space.

For big cards, best is just to stay on emunand 9.0~9.2 for now, and either wait for a fix from the Gateway team (already reported the bug through e-mail) or wait until emunandtool coder update it's tool (with the old 3DS and emunandtool, you could transfer the emunand to a larger SD Card and the extra space was working).

Reactions: cearp

_silencer_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everything worked perfectly running 9.0 sysNAND with 9.5 emuNAND(still without GW3D infront of it but it works) on my 32GB µSD!!!

why is everyone updating their emunand to 9.5 on the N3DS when gateway stated in their previous announcement that it wouldnt be supported (yet).

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The emuNAND Tool isnt updated for NN3DS NAND size yet and wont work.
Thankfully i just found a post over at maxconsole that helped me out. Basically I used win32diskimager to image the 4GB µSD that came with NN3DS which i updated to GW3D 9.5 emuNAND before.
Then write that image to my 32GB SD with the same program. Finally i used easeus partition manager to extend the fat32 Partition to the end of the sd card.

Everything worked perfectly running 9.0 sysNAND with 9.5 emuNAND(still without GW3D infront of it but it works) on my 32GB µSD!!!
So just adjust size with EaseUS and you're fine?

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To confirm, my 32gb is working fine. I see GW3D next to the Version number.

A tip, change the theme in your emuNAND and then you'll be able to tell them apart :)

Lucky you ! I got the GW3D9.5 in system settings with the 4GB card but not with the 32GB (although it seems so work, as I press select, the multi rom menu displays)

Did you do a particular thing ? What is your 32GB card ?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The emuNAND Tool isnt updated for NN3DS NAND size yet and wont work.
Thankfully i just found a post over at maxconsole that helped me out. Basically I used win32diskimager to image the 4GB µSD that came with NN3DS which i updated to GW3D 9.5 emuNAND before.
Then write that image to my 32GB SD with the same program. Finally i used easeus partition manager to extend the fat32 Partition to the end of the sd card.

I just tried it and EmuNAND doesn't boot. Thanks.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sadly already did that three times now. Cant get it to say GW3D in system settings on my 32GB µSD emuNAND and im too scared to update it cause it might kick me back to sysNAND while entering settings...

Is there anyway to manually extract and inject emuNAND from one SD to another?
There is only emuNand tool, which doesn't support N3DS Nands (yet).

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
why is everyone updating their emunand to 9.5 on the N3DS when gateway stated in their previous announcement that it wouldnt be supported (yet).

Because it changed, they say that a while ago, and it's supported now.

About the big Micro-SD cards comon problem, you can also just stay on emunand 9.0-9.2 and wait for a fix in the next launcher.

All games updates can be found as cia files anyway.

So just adjust size with EaseUS and you're fine?

Depend. Personally, I tried, and moved the FAT32 partition to the end, and though emunand was still working, it didn't gave any more free blocks so it didn't worked, so decided to get games updates as .cia files and to wait for a fix in the next launcher.

To be sure not to screw anything, I unlinked the emunand (though it make me lost my Majora's Mask for a while, as I need 9.5 to redownload it) and put a theme (black one).

And I redownload Majora's Mask as a .cia to replace my original game.

rickycoe123

Trophies
XP
Country

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some people on the GW 3.1 release thread said they updated without GW3D showing and all went fine. Sys still on 9.0 and emuNand on 9.5. So what to do now? :unsure:

BouncyBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It didn't show up on my 32GB mSD, so I setup emuNAND on the stock 4GB one where GW3D finally showed up. After I updated, I used dd to transfer the emuNAND Partition to the 32GB mSD which now works fine.

Curious, if you go into settings and check your free blocks. Do you have the right amount of free blocks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated