Hacking GW3D not showing up in emuNAND

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Curious, if you go into settings and check your free blocks. Do you have the right amount of free blocks?

Yep, I do. IMG_0732.jpg

You need to use skip=1 and seek=1 with dd for this. Otherwise your are copying the partition table of the 4GB mSD and thus end up with only ~2GB of usable space.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I went ahead and took the risk and all went fine. So it seems GW3D not showing up is just a visual bug. But still if you update, it's your own risk.

BouncyBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
A few people have said it will NOT show up if you have a larger then 4GB micro SD card(the one the came with the system) In this case I would use that old 4GB and create an emunand and once you confirm it works transfer everything to a larger micro SD card.( You need to use the emunand transfer tool)
Is this the case with the old 3ds as I'm using the 4gb card that came with it and boot to cfw no problem (can play CIA etc) but it doesn't show gw beside the few either

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night I used my 32GB MIcro SD and installed the Gateway with no issues. In the settings, I did NOT see the "GW3D" but with my previous experience with Gateway, I went ahead and updated the firmware, and it worked. Even though it does not show the "GW3D", I have my emunand at 9.5 and my sysnand at 9.0.

Do at your own risk, however.

dap1mp13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys went through the "Format emuNAND" step, right?

Because you can run the exploit, get the multi-rom menu to show, and even play roms, WITHOUT initially creating emuNAND. This is only way that it wouldn't show GW3D next to the firmware number. So just be sure you actually created emuNAND, then launch the exploit, and check the settings again for the "GW3D."

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys went through the "Format emuNAND" step, right?

Because you can run the exploit, get the multi-rom menu to show, and even play roms, WITHOUT initially creating emuNAND. This is only way that it wouldn't show GW3D next to the firmware number. So just be sure you actually created emuNAND, then launch the exploit, and check the settings again for the "GW3D."
I did, I've actually done the process multiple times.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: satel

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what the difference is here guys, but I have a US N3DS XL and a AUS N3DS both with 64gb sandisk cards in them and they both show the GW3D under the settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.