Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

blacklotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm installing Human only, cause my kid sister wants that one.

I love singing Drive, so, that was my only interest. I sing, my kidsister plays the guitar. Rest of the world CHEERS!

eheHeH

thanks again man.

thescot33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't believe all the work it took to get it working?

I really wanted the Silverchair - Tomorrow and Ram Jam - Black Betty

I hope new ones come out soon

Have fun and enjoy

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dent said:
Is anyone now unable to get updates to the Music Store (ie. new updated songs in the song list to purchase). I now just get an error code 204036. Is this now a side effect of this DLC hack that Nintendo put into place? When this hack first came out I know I was still able to connect to the Music store after the hack was used but now I can never connect properly to it.
Could some people please answer my previous question about accessing the Music Store after using this hack?

qloony

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi guys, just wanna share my experience in installing these dlcs and ask a few questions

first of all, my wii is korean wii hacked with gamma loader 0.3 ios 249 with homebrew channel beta 9 ios36
my GHWT is original USA (NTSC i believe)
my wad manager is 1.3
i never purchase any DLC for GHWT

second of all, i only know one way to install these, install one song, go into GHWT, move to SD, then go back to wii menu, and redo it all over again, its a really long and exhausting process IMHO, i got 10 songs i want to install, and reseting my wii that often actually freezes my controller after 5 or so reset, so i have to unplug the power cable before everything returns to normal, if anybody finds an easier way to install these, proly 10 songs at once, please lemme know

i followed the instruction exactly as it is,
- installed the DLC installer using wad manager
- my game is NTSC, so i pick NTSC files (i tried installing the PAL version as well, nothing come out in the game)
- installed the song.wad using the DLC installer with the song.wad option (if i pick the title.wad for song i get the 2011 error, and the song will come out "hot blooded")

- installed the tile.wad using the DLC installer with the title.wad option (same thing as above, using song.wad installation option for the tile will get you the 2011 error)

- and each file succesfully installed with the DLC installer, then after this i have to go to the game to move the song to SD card, or the next installation will simply overwrite the file that i just installed

and one more things i realized, when i boot my game through the gamma loader, everytime i move the song to SD card, it will say unexpected read error, leaving the file on both wii and SD, you cant delete the file in WII, it will give you the same reason, but you can move from SD to WII then play it with no problem, and i still can access the music store just fine

if i boot the game the normal way, it will still show the songs in the wii system as i copied beforehand through the gamma loader, and it will let me move or delete from the WII list, but then it wont let me copy from SD to WII again with the error that the files expired and need to be redownloaded, but i havent tried the music store yet

now my question is:
is there any way we could read the files directly from SD? since WII memory is limited (with full capacity i can proly only install 10 songs).
i install everything just to realize that i proly can play 9 songs at one time, if i want to play more than that, i have to reset, go into wii manager, delete the save file, go into GHWT and add them one by one up to 9 songs (or lower if you have many save files for other games) through the archive again, this really makes all the pain ive gone through not worth it

so thats my 2cents, if it answers some question then good, if anybody can help make this a better experience, i will appreciate it so much

thanks

Farmhousemedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DLC data will not delete itself from the Wii's memory using a GHWT backup disc. I don't think the Gamma Loader knows to delete the data OFF the Wii again.

The retail version of the disc works fine with all the installed DLC and deletes fine. I had to buy the game just to get the DLC to work right.

Otherwise, you're stuck playing 5-6 songs and then exiting the game and deleting the data off the Wii.

(Also, there is no easier way to install DLC than restarting the game, just exit back to the Wii menu after you're done transfering the DLC to the SD card, there is no reason to reset the Wii)

rafalfaro_18

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using REV3 of a song called Cherry Cola... it's very new... I thought it was better, but it seems to screw my other REV1 songs and the game don't recognize them... Even installing old songs with the REV3 don't work... Anyone have tried REV3???

EDIT: you can pm me and i'll give you the link for cherry cola...

noopy6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I tried to install the DLC and it just won't work.
1- installed oneup DLC installer with Wad manager 1.4
2- installed song.wad with song.wad install option in oneup DLC installer
3- installed title.wad with title.wad install option in oneup DLC installer
4- go in game, go in archives...
but i can't see the files there nothing.
when i go check in the wii data management, there a new save files named GHWT songs ( pay to play content) but the game won't read it.
I'm on 3.2u i have an original copy of the NTSC game
hacked with softmii
can anyone help me?

heavyd2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here, noopy6.

I haven't been able to install any of the recently released DLC with the Rev3 file. I've managed to go back to using the REV 1 & 2 songs, but that's it. Pretty frustrating, but I'm sure as more of us express this frustration someone will come to the rescue. Good luck!!

heavyd2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update - I've managed to get the REV1 & 2 DLC up and working again, but I haven't tried the Rev3 yet given what happened the first time.

I didn't do anything remarkable:
1. paid for and downloaded "Anything 'Cept the Truth", clicking "No" when prompted to save to sd card.
2. exited the game
3. booted GHWT via USB loader (I believe that I have the most recent update of the loader - Friday's)
4. entered the GHWT archive and selected "Yes" when prompted to update the add-on content list.
5. moved "Anything 'Cept the Truth" to SD card, encounted error message, but the song copied to the sd cardanyway.
6. exited the game
7. installed rev1 song (Because of You.wad) with the DLC installer - song.wad, title.wad, etc.
8. booted GHWT via USB loader
9. entered Archive, Add-on content list updated automatically without a prompt
10. tried to move "Because of You" to SD card, encountered error message, but again the song was copied to the sd card.

I've managed to install all the Rev1&2 songs and they all work. Again, I haven't been brave/stupid enough to try the latest batch of dlc (rev3) yet - not sure if I'll bother.

That's all - if anyone is interested in my console's configuration, just ask and I'll try to answer your questions.

Cheers!

heavyd2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update - I've managed to get the REV1 & 2 DLC up and working again, but I haven't tried the Rev3 yet given what happened the first time.

I didn't do anything remarkable:
1. paid for and downloaded "Anything 'Cept the Truth", clicking "No" when prompted to save to sd card.
2. exited the game
3. booted GHWT via USB loader (I believe that I have the most recent update of the loader - Friday's)
4. entered the GHWT archive and selected "Yes" when prompted to update the add-on content list.
5. moved "Anything 'Cept the Truth" to SD card, encounted error message, but the song copied to the sd cardanyway.
6. exited the game
7. installed rev1 song (Because of You.wad) with the DLC installer - song.wad, title.wad, etc.
8. booted GHWT via USB loader
9. entered Archive, Add-on content list updated automatically without a prompt
10. tried to move "Because of You" to SD card, encountered error message, but again the song was copied to the sd card.

I've managed to install all the Rev1&2 songs and they all work. Again, I haven't been brave/stupid enough to try the latest batch of dlc (rev3) yet - not sure if I'll bother.

That's all - if anyone is interested in my console's configuration, just ask and I'll try to answer your questions.

Cheers!

Gaz777

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I try to run the OneUp DLC Installer I leave the IOS as default and then select SD Card.

It mounts fine but then when trying to retrieve the file list I get a ret = -1 error.

My SD card is read fine in other apps such as homebrew channel, wad manager and bootmii.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The sd card is a 1GB SanDisk for Wii

Thanks

Edit: solved it should of put the song/title wads in Wad folder on sd card, im too used to being able to browse
tongue.gif

basa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Its possible copy downloaded DLC to SD card without crypting this ? Or any way to decrypt this dlc from SD card using keys from nand.bin ? (softmoded wii)

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently downloaded Dueling Banjos DLC through Bittorrent. The titles wad has a REV4 in the title. Is there a problem with installing these higher REV #'s. A previous poster said that installing a REV3 title inactivated REV1 and REV2 titles. Is this true for REV4 titles now?

--nevermind, I installed it and everything works as normal. Previous REV1 titles all unaffected. Everyone install away.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried to install the official Guitar Hero 5 DLC updates that are supposed to allow the GHWT DLC to be used in GH5. Will this work with these hacked DLC's?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dent said:
Has anyone tried to install the official Guitar Hero 5 DLC updates that are supposed to allow the GHWT DLC to be used in GH5. Will this work with these hacked DLC's?
I installed the two gh5 updates. It doesn't seem to work with these hacked GHWT DLC's. I still could not play them in GH5. Is this the same experience by others that have tried it?

skalejandro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GHWT first update does not work but can be installed in the memory of the wii but no V2 update. I can not play songs downloaded from GHWT on GH5, is obvious that the DLC hack has something to do... Is it may reverse the process?

excuse my English, I translate google

heavyd2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here, can't get any GHWT dlc to work in GH5 - only the free tracks are working. I've downloaded both updates, but haven't had any luck. Even the GHWT dlc that I purchased doesn't work. I've been able to import my GHWT (disc) tracks and the Smash Hits (disc) tracks but that's it!

Any help out there? Thanks.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
Dent said:
Is anyone now unable to get updates to the Music Store (ie. new updated songs in the song list to purchase). I now just get an error code 204036. Is this now a side effect of this DLC hack that Nintendo put into place? When this hack first came out I know I was still able to connect to the Music store after the hack was used but now I can never connect properly to it.
Could some people please answer my previous question about accessing the Music Store after using this hack?

answer this damn question god damn guys!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: