Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

sray2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
remember to select "title install" on the second file

I tried different ways... I was setting them as "Install song.wad" then "install title files REV1.wad" then I will go back and "install title files song.wad" if ya get my drift ? Am I installing them wrong ?

Am I supposed to be losing memory on the wii after moving the songs to the SDCard ?

Thanks...

Farmhousemedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Few notes...

You should install the WAD with the actual song title in the name FIRST and install it with the Install Song.wad setting. Then you Install the titlefilessong.wad using the titles.wad setting second.
THEN, boot GHWT, go to options and go to archive. Then you should see the song on the Wii's memory. MOVE it to the SD card. Rinse, lather and repeat. It is a pain if you want to do a lot of songs, but you have to reboot the game every time you install a song and move it to the SD card.

If you try to install a bunch of songs with the DLC installer without booting the game and moving the song to the SD card in GHWT, you'll find only the LAST song you installed will be sitting in the Wii's memory and you've just wasted a lot of time for 1 song.

Using the WAD Manager is not a good idea. Using the Wad manager will only install the SONG.wad, and while this works, no matter what the song is, it will show up in the game as HOT BLOODED. So it will be the song you installed, just with the wrong title. I'm guessing Hot Blooded was the default title used when hacking the DLC. If you keep installing songs this way, it will either overwrite the last song, or your list of songs will all be Hot Blooded.
I know, some of you might think, that's fine, I'll just listen for the preview and figure out what song it is that way. Well, this works IF the song is on the Wii memory, but you do not get a preview of the song if its on the SD card.

Those with the UNEXPECTED ERROR READING DATA FROM SD CARD...
While I can't find a fix for this, I have a temp solution.

Once you have the song showing up in the Wii memory in the Archives section in the game, you try to move the song to the SD card and get an unexpected error reading from the SD card, right? Well, what you'll find, is that it still copies the song to the SD card. But if you try to delete it from the Wii memory, you get an SD card error again.
Exit the game. Now you can install another song if you want because it will overwrite the song you HAD on the Wii's memory. Then go back into the Archives section of the game. You'll see your old song is sitting on the SD card and your NEW song is on the Wii's memory, and YES it will read the song from the SD card when playing the game.

So...

Install song/title wads
Boot game
Copy song to SD card, and get error
Exit Game
Repeat until all your songs are on the SD card.

So you might be wondering, if it works, WHAT IS THE ERROR? Well, if you go into the Wii menu and look for the Pay and Play file on the SD card, you won't see it.
Even though it IS there, it just doesn't show up.

BUT... There is always a BUT isn't there?

When playing the game, you will find that any songs you play from the SD card get copied to the Wii's memory, but they will NOT delete. So you will only be able to play as many songs off the SD card that your Wii's memory has room for. 1000 blocks is 4 - 5 songs. When you are done playing, exit the game, go into the Wii data menu and delete the Pay and Play file off the Wii's memory again. Then you're good to go again.

This is until this issue gets fixed.

Farmhouse; Cheers!

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still had the problem with Hot Blooded showing up, even when using the DLC installer, and not WAD manager. As mentioned in a previous post, this is worked around by first starting GHWT, going to the archive, seeing the song listed in archive (as Hot Blooded), then exiting the game and installing the Title file. The song then shows up with proper title. If the title file is installed before starting the game, it still shows up as Hot Blooded. I realize this is not the case for everybody... some people have no problems installing giving the recommended steps. But I do.. and others do, and I have repeated the steps many times to verify it was not an anomaly.

If the incorrect named file is attempted to be copied to SD card, before exiting the game and installing the title file, it will create an error that is NOT fixable using the described method below (under 3.). The method to fix the SD card that I have found is to completely delete the GHWT data from the private folder on the SD card. Which will of course delete any songs you already have there.

I have a possible theory as to why some are having problems and not others.... there are three cases:
1. Those who have no previously purchased DLC or have erased it completely (including title keys) have no problems. This is why those who DO have previous DLC can easily use a different region game and WAD's with no problems. Because they don't have previous purchased DLC from those regions.

2. Those who do have previous DLC but have not purchased Hot Blooded, can use other workarounds I have not looked into because they are not relevant to my situation.

3. Those who have previous DLC including Hot Blooded will have the same problem I have experienced, and will need to use the workaround I have described.

Farmhousemedia said:
Using the WAD Manager is not a good idea. Using the Wad manager will only install the SONG.wad, and while this works, no matter what the song is, it will show up in the game as HOT BLOODED. So it will be the song you installed, just with the wrong title. I'm guessing Hot Blooded was the default title used when hacking the DLC. If you keep installing songs this way, it will either overwrite the last song, or your list of songs will all be Hot Blooded.
I know, some of you might think, that's fine, I'll just listen for the preview and figure out what song it is that way. Well, this works IF the song is on the Wii memory, but you do not get a preview of the song if its on the SD card.

Those with the UNEXPECTED ERROR READING DATA FROM SD CARD...
While I can't find a fix for this, I have a temp solution.

Once you have the song showing up in the Wii memory in the Archives section in the game, you try to move the song to the SD card and get an unexpected error reading from the SD card, right? Well, what you'll find, is that it still copies the song to the SD card. But if you try to delete it from the Wii memory, you get an SD card error again.
Exit the game. Now you can install another song if you want because it will overwrite the song you HAD on the Wii's memory. Then go back into the Archives section of the game. You'll see your old song is sitting on the SD card and your NEW song is on the Wii's memory, and YES it will read the song from the SD card when playing the game.

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had this problem, (the Hot Blooded problem)
Basically, Install that song (Even if you hate it)
install that song file, and then move it to the SD card,
all my songs still come up as hot blooded (even with the DLC installer [NOT IN THE DLC INSTALLER])
until it reads Hot blooded on the SD card, and it changes its file name to the correct song.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find a decent method, so I played around ,and here's how I got it working on my Wii with USB Loader GX. Good luck!

My set up:
------------------------------------
4.0U USA NTSC Wii
IOS 249 rev 13a
USB Loader GX rev 565 (ish)
Guitar Hero World Tour PAL (Bought in australia, copied to USB HD with USB Loader GX), disc no where near the Wii!!)
PAL DLC from OneUP

Info:
-------------------------------
Back up any existing DLC you have.
Install BootMii
Make a backup of your NAND in case anything goes wrong.
Install OneUP Installer (I can't help you get this, or install it I'm afraid)
DLC must match Game Disc, not Wii. E.g. if you have PAL Disc, use PAL DLC, even on USA Wii

Now for the steps I took:
-------------------------
Launch OneUp installer
Select IOS 38
Install a song using SONG mode (only install one though, and use same region DLC as game disc)
Install title wad (use PAL if you have PAL game) (use PAL Rev 2 for PAL DLC/Game, use NTSC Rev 1 for NTSC DLC/Game, or later Rev once they are out)
Restart Wii
Load Guitar Hero World Tour
Go to "Options"
Go to "Archive"
Move song to SD
Ignore error
Go back to main GHWT menu
Exit game
Go to AnyTitle Deleter
Go to Downloaded Games Content
Delete sXAP / sXAE
Exit
Launch OneUp installer
Select IOS 38
Reinstall title wad (TITLE mode) (Use PAL if you have PAL DLC/Game, use NTSC if you have NTSC DLC/Game)
Exit
Launch GHWT
Go to "Options"
Go to "Archive"
Say "Yes" to the question about add-on content
Go to Quickplay
Song should be there.

Repeat EVERYTHING to add another song.

Results:
----------------------------------------------------------------
I've loaded 3 songs on to my SD card this way, and they all work flawlessly through USB Loader GX.

I spent some time on this becuase I like a challenge and wanted to see if I could figure it out. Yes, this is a pain in the arse. If you don't like it, find another way, or buy the content, which you should do anyway, otherwise they won't bother making any more songs!

Good luck again!

doogez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilsoff said:
Go to AnyTitle Deleter
GO to Downloaded Games Content
Delete sXAP / sXAE
Exit
Thank you for this tip. I already had some downloadable content on my wii and using the wii system menu to delete the downloadable content was not working. I followed your suggestion and now it works perfectly.

unacquainted

Trophies
XP
Country
PAL WII (4.1)
PAL WIIKEY (1.9g)
PAL GH:WT
No cIOS installed (Unless the 4.0 update leaves the cIOS alone?)
Don't remember any of the past cIOS installed

Issue
Installed dlcinstaller.wad using wadmanager1.4 under 249: Success
Dlcinstaller Installed song.wad (In The Shadows by The Rasmus) under 249 : Success
Dlcinstaller Installed title_files.wad (rev1) under 249 :success
Checked in-game availability of song : failed

Anytitledeleter - Failed to uninstall cIOS249 = No ticket

Wad manager 1.4 - uninstalled Song.wad and title_files.wad : success
Dlcinstaller - Installed song.wad under 249 :success
Dlcinstaller - Installed Title_files.wad under 249 : success
Checked in-game availability of song : success
Access to Music store : Failed
Transfer via Options>Archive : Restoring dlc Success

In the shadows successfully transferred

Repeated with Lycanthorpe : Success

Access to music store after 'restoring dlc' : No songs on server, All in setlist

Farmhousemedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to add that when I was getting an SD CARD READ ERROR, I was using a backup copy of the game.

I now have the retail version of the game and I no longer get that SD CARD error!

Also with the retail version it deletes the song off the Wii memory after playing from an SD card. With a backup,
you have to delete the data manually after everytime you play the game.

pokioh243

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, i read some people get the -2011 error when installing the songs, but I'M getting it when installing the installer.. so wtf do i do now, cause i dont get a damn of this
hate2.gif

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Farmhousemedia said:
I'd like to add that when I was getting an SD CARD READ ERROR, I was using a backup copy of the game.

I now have the retail version of the game and I no longer get that SD CARD error!

Also with the retail version it deletes the song off the Wii memory after playing from an SD card. With a backup,
you have to delete the data manually after everytime you play the game.

Just wanted to add, this works perfectly for me as well. I originally had problems installing the songs, they wouldn't show up on the DLC menu. I had purchased a couple DLC in the past, so after backing them up I used AnyTitle Deleter as noted above to delete sXAE in Downloadable Game Content. Then the songs install perfectly, it's a pretty quick and straightforward process if you have an original copy of the game.

I have an NTSC Wii at Firmware 4.0U (trucha bugged), with an NTSC original copy of GH:WT and the NTSC DLC. Here are the exact steps I follow (after installing the OneUp installer and removing sXAE using AnyTitle Deleter):

1. Start the OneUp Installer, select IOS249.
2. Install the SONG.wad and then TITLE_FILES.WAD.
3. Return to sysmenu, start GH:WT from the Disc Channel.
4. At the main menu, select Options, then Archive.
5. Move the song on the Wii to the SD card, everything should go smoothly.
6. Once it's moved, press home and return to the system menu.

Repeat steps 1-6 to install a new song. No need to use AnyTitle Deleter, just follow the above procedure if you have an original copy and it works great. Very straightforward!

As a sidenote, it seems like it should be trival to create a custom installer from the WAD Manager 1.4 source, that would automatically install the TITLE_FILES.WAD file. This file is very small (only 8kb), and every copy of TITLE_FILES.WAD is identical. I think it should be embedded in the WAD Manager executable and installed automatically, in the background, after installing the SONG.wad. Since the same task is performed every time, it just makes sense to automate it.

To take things further, I wonder if it's possible to create a custom installer (to run on the Wii) that installs the content from the WAD directly to the SD card, without needing to go trough GH:WT. So long as the SD Key is dumped (hence the need to run on the Wii, or have an extracted key to run on the PC), perhaps there is a way to extract the WAD to a temp folder, and then package it up in the same manner that GH:WT does, encrypt it with the SD key and write it to the SD card. This way you could install many songs at once, then when you go into GH:WT it would show them all on the SD card as if they were installed using the normal procedure.

Or, here's another idea... I wonder if you could decrypt the SD-installed DLC using the Wii's SD Key, and then re-encrypt it using another Wii's SD Key so it would work on that Wii without having to install it using the normal procedure.

Just some thoughts and conjecture, it seems like the install process could be made more efficient somehow, just throwing ideas out there.
smile.gif

Cheers to all that have worked on this!

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone now unable to get updates to the Music Store (ie. new updated songs in the song list to purchase). I now just get an error code 204036. Is this now a side effect of this DLC hack that Nintendo put into place? When this hack first came out I know I was still able to connect to the Music store after the hack was used but now I can never connect properly to it.

blacklotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried cios 249 and 250 and the song didn't appear in the files at GH:WT.

How do i know which IOS to use? Btw, i installed that ios that enables mic support on the console (rev13b), but the number doesn't show has an install option at the DLC installer.

Don't know if i make myself clear.

blacklotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: Last night i went and deleted the gh:wt pay for play savegame/songs/whatever from the data.

Then i installed the song wad and the other stuff using the DLC installer.

Still no songs appear...

Any ideas?

thescot33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got it!

I've had the problems of after installing the song.wad and title.wad with the oneup dlc installer the songs not showing up in archives.

I followed all the steps which are pretty easy to follow and understand

I've looked everywhere for an answer - I finally did this after reading loads of posts.

I Installed the IOS61-64-NUS-v4890.wad and RVL-Shopping-NUS-v16.wad for the Wii Shop Channel. After that the songs showed up in GHWT

I only had one song installed - it was Tomorrow by Silverchair but it showed up as Hot Blooded

I went into the music store, it did an update and everything was good

After I went into the store and exited - I had two songs Hot Blooded and Tomorrow

Then I copied Tomorrow to the SD - got an error but it went there

Then I exited and deleted the 'Pay and Play' file from the wii memory

When I rebooted into GHWT I went into Archive it said 'Warning - Add-on Content Calalog is required in wii system memory to use add-on content. Copy add-on content catalog to wii system memory now?'

I click yes - and - Tomorrow shows on the sd card and plays fine - Ye Ha!

Now it does copy the songs back to wii memory during play - I just need to delete the 'Pay and Play' after and do the above add-on update after each play to free up the memory

I again followed the steps for another song and it installed fine - again I got the error after coping to SD card but was fine when I deleted 'Pay and Play' and did add-on update

Here is something cool too - I had tried a number of different songs when trying to get them to show in archives - I had deleted them all off the system but when I went to the music store and went to set-list - they showed up in there with a star beside them and said they needed to be redownload - so I did and it downloaded them and copied to my SD card - again gave me an error but worked after deleting the 'Pay and Play' - very strange I think

Thanks for all the post out there!

Scott

blacklotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Scott, that didn't work for me
frown.gif

What's your firmware version?

I installed those wads you mentioned, but still, no files show up in game.

thescot33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 3.3U

I think i forgot to clarify that after the install of the shop channel - I logged in and took a boo around

Did you try this?

Some of the songs I tried to install prior was:

Hot blooded
Black Betty
Tomorrow

I think I read something about Hot blooded being one of the first they tried

You are using the One-up DLC installer to install?

I used ios249 to install the songs

blacklotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, as a last try before updating the firmware, i unninstalled all the Wads and used the DLCinstaller to install the song wad and list wad.

AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The key was Scott's post, but i had to remove everything song related before it showed up.

Thanks SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHATEVER TOMORROW BRINGSSSSSSSSS ILL BE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEE

TRA LA LA !

\m/

thescot33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to see I was able to help someone - I hope this helps others as well

I've been looking for help for two weeks and nothing until I read something about updating the Shop channel then somehow it worked.

Again I deleted all my tracks as well before trying all this.

Here is something else - I used a backup copy of the disk to get it going - but I tried it with the USB loader and it loads the songs for SD at least - haven't tried with the loader after I've installed a song yet - I will do this after my kid is done wathing her shows

Haven't installed 'Drive' yet - have to wait for the kid

Cheers

Scott

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol