Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pablo135 said:
I'm new in that...where can I find that song.wad?...

song just stands for the title of the song, so for example:

When you want to install ZZ Top with Gimme all your Lovin, the "song" in "song.wad" stands for Gimme All Your Lovin_NTSC.wad

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fulgore said:
SFenton said:
To the above: change categories in the music store until you get to "block size". You'll notice something odd...

Ah, yes. Silly me.

Now, I have to wonder- can you download every song for free after doing this, or do you still have to pay? I know that when working with RB2/GHWT cDLC .WADs, every song shows up as purchased in RB2 (watch Mrk's vid), and I have to do this for GHWT to even see the songs.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MandM said:
Finally, I've managed to
The first time I installed the One Up DLC installer, I could add songs and titles but nothing appeared in the Archive screen in Wii-Memory after I started GHWT through disk. Just like most of you here.

Then I uninstalled the song with Rev2 title with WAD Manager 1.4 and after that also the One Up DLC installer (yes, it gave errors).
Restarted the Wii, and installed the One Up DLC again through WAD Manager 1.4 (with the option IOS249).

Then installed another song with a Rev 1 title first. (So first the song, then the title, just like it's supposed to)
Started GHWT-DVD-disk again, didn't sign to Nintendo WFC, went to , then it gave me a message of rebuilding the Music Catalog and Boom! After that, there it was, DLC in my Wii-memory.

Copied it to my SD-Card and I was ready to rock!!

I think the problem was quite simple. Somehow, I think that the One Up DLC installer wasn't properly installed the first time. So the re-installation of the DLC installer helped.

P.S. It doesn't work if you fire GHWT up through a USB Loader. It gives you an error that the song is out of date and needs the proper license, even if it's already copied to your SD-card.

just downloaded NOFX - Linoleum and got the song.wad for it and the title_song.wad

like you say, after i installed the two files in the correct order, nothing appears in the music store archive... the NOFX Linoleum title song file has REV2 in it, and i'm confused as to what the difference is between rev1 and rev2 title_song.wads?

and where you say Then I uninstalled the song with Rev2 title do you mean uninstalled just the song.wad or both song and title_song?

i think the file has been added, since the wii memory says 1000 blocks now in data management where i'm sure it had more than that before installing. but i guess uninstalling the song.wad using wad manager will give me my space back. but what about the title_song.wad?

and these questions are aimed at everyone, not just you dont worry lol

EDIT: ALSO, are all the title_song rev1 and title_song rev2's the same thing? or do they differ for each song?

EDIT2: done it
smile.gif

deleted song.wad and title_file Rev2.wad using wad manager, then went to options, archive and it said something about license agreement as stated above. then i installed a rev1 song and title_files rev1 and it showed up in options archive
smile.gif

then installed linoleum_song.wad then title_files Rev2.wad and that was there to
smile.gif
smile.gif
woop

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's up guys?
I've got all the files needed and have tried every solution in this thread. I'm on 4.0u and I try to install using the DLC installer and it installs perfect, but nothing shows up in the archives. Any ideas or cures?

i have the song.wad and rev_1 file for each song

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xzxero said:
What's up guys?
I've got all the files needed and have tried every solution in this thread. I'm on 4.0u and I try to install using the DLC installer and it installs perfect, but nothing shows up in the archives. Any ideas or cures?

i have the song.wad and rev_1 file for each song
Try:

turning off auto wi-fi connect (if it's on)
uninstall one up DLC installer then re-install it again.
install song.wad as normal
install title_file_rev1.wad for the song as normal
start up the disc (dont connect to wi-fi if it asks you)
go to options in the main menu
then click archives

then it should show.

what i actually did was install a rev2 song first with the rev 2 title files for it, then un-installed them both, and i uninstalled the DLC installer using wad manager too, then installed DLC installer again.

then went staright to the game without installing any DLC, then options > archive. then it said something about licensing or something, then no DLC appears on either wii memory or SD card.

then go to wii menu, DLC installer, install rev1 song.wad, install title_files_rev1.wad for the song.

start game, go to options > archive and then it should have all your SD DLC and the one you just installed shown in the wii menu
smile.gif

then everytime you want to install a song, just install song.wad and the title files.wad regardless of rev and the song should appear in the option > archives section of the game
wink.gif

managed to get linoleum on when it's not a release yet?!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks for the quick reply. I will try that and let you know the results
Another question; rev_1 aand rev_2?
Do certain songs have rev_1 and others have rev_2?
I've opened "anything", "bodhasstiva", "whats my age again", and "drive" and all they have the song.wad and rev_1.wad?
can you clarify that with using songs titles and examples?
I also the error code "20107" when trying to connect to the wfc.
Would that have anything to do with this not working?

edit: the steps above didnt work for me.

lollett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
royvedas said:
Has anyone gotten this to work on a softmodded wii where the game is launched through a "backup loader"?

When using backup loader the music store doesn't work and I have a feeling that this influences this trick in some way. I can get a working track into the wiis memory, but I cannot transfer without it coming with some "error reading from sd" message.

If you mean the DVD backup loader - It's working for me with Gama 0.3. I think all the song are missing from the music store because it thinks you've already paid for them! So you can goto the set list you can "redownload" them.

I worked out, if you want the music store tracks back launch WAD manager and remove the TITLE REVx WAD.

pablo135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I try to install the song.wad with wad manager, it gives me the ret -2011 error....how come?
I do not have any problem installing games in wad...

TheJuice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I had the same thing as many : installing everything and not seeing anything in the archives...
I tried the method of uninstalling everything (first the songs, then the installer), and reinstalling... And it worked !!!
Well I only tried with one song (and I hope I won't have to do the whole thing every time), but it worked so I'm confident that it also will for other songs !

I have to say I have a PAL Wii, and I first tried to install NTSC titles (converting them with freethewads). This may have messed everything from the start so it was a good idea removing all that stuff before doing it cleanly.
When it worked I had everything PAL, the installer (not sure if the versions differ), and the titles.

=> About REV1 and REV2 : I don't know the difference, but NOFX has the REV2.
Ah and the first one I tried : 1979 from The Smashing Pumpkins was REV1, so I don't know if it had anything to do with the non working thing...
I'll try a REV1 tomorrow and let you know.

=> About the error, I had it when I selected another thing than IOS249...
Stick with ISO249 the whole time, it worked for me :-)

I wish there was a way to install all songs at once, because the whole process is really tiresome. There probably will in the future :-)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone connect to the music store... i can't cause this...

Error Code: 204036
Wii Shop Channel

There are appears to be a temporary problem with the Wii Shop Channel.

* The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

* If possible, move the router closer to the Wii console and try the connection again.

If you have waited several hours but are still receiving this error code when connecting to the Wii Shop Channel, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

and my wii shop channel is fine...

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Timmy5000 said:
Now, OneUp needs to make this for RB2, and with RAWKsd, RB2 Wii will have the ultimate set list, EVER!
just so you know, pirated dlc in this fail format + rawksd....you check out the results
wink.gif

if you want to pirate dlc, do it right, lol

camar3na

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i tried a few things and some weird stuff happened, like a message asking me to delete stuff cuz i had no memory left on my wii when i knew i had plenty, after a few tries my problem was that i was installing both wads (song and title) using the same option on the dlc installer (install song wad) i had to switch from revision 10 to 13a, and it works from usb loader (1.5, ultimate and GX) gamma or disc channel using cioscorp, i am on 3.2 u. now my only problem is how the get more songs since i only have a few.

just my two cents

TheJuice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so I tried REV1 and REV2, no difference : it worked for the two versions...
I even installed a song that had REV1 in the archive, but I used a REV2 title file instead. The installation worked well.

So I guess I'll always use REV2 from now on.

About music store I didn't try.

And I don't think there's a way to install several songs at once yet.

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
My experience with SD Card 4GB NO SDHC (transcend x133) :

GHWT have a limit with DLC : only 120 songs on a card
mad.gif

Another issue with 120 songs on the SD, after play the song, the game freeze on loading...

So i delete two songs, and i can play 118 songs with no problem at all.

Maybe the real limit is 120 files cause in my private folder there is 2 files (00.bin and 01.bin) was not songs.

I hope Guitar Hero 5 can manage SDHC card with no limit for the songs
rolleyes.gif

mumbles_

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm new here and a month new to wii mods.

I'm using a softmodded (Bannerbomb hack) downgraded from 4.0U to 3.2U menu with cIOS 13a. Running NTSC copy using NeoGamma 4.

I can't seem to move the DLC wad songs (after they've been installed, of course) from my wii to my SDCard--although they show up as being present in the archive menu. I get an SDCard error after copying them from my SDCard to my wii, but they play fine (off the hard drive). I've only got 500 blocks on the wii so it's pretty hard play off the hard drive if you are only able to install 4 or 5 songs tops.
unsure.gif

Do I need to upgrade to Wii System Menu 4.0U to be able to copy the songs to and use the SDCard?

also, when installing should I use the exact same title file that's paired with the song wad i'm using? or does it matter as long as it's just NTSC?

thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge