Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

ultragunner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good for all of you that it works maybe Im doing something wrong. I installed oneup dlc installer using wad manager 1.4. Used it to install song & title wad. did everything it instructed but nothing or no songs showed up in the archive section. I used IOS249 & IOS250 to install but nothing helps. I tried using ios38 but there is a error. Im using System menu 4.0U & cios rev 13b, using ntsc dlc content. Anyone go this to work? Can anyone help?????

ultragunner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anybody got this to work? Im having problems & has installed it several times using different songs & used IOS 249 & IOS 250. Kindly please help or can you share what you did please to make it work.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
unsteadycarrot said:
MandM said:
P.S. It doesn't work if you fire GHWT up through a USB Loader. It gives you an error that the song is out of date and needs the proper license, even if it's already copied to your SD-card.

Wierd...mine works through USB loader no problem, i have 4 songs done this way so far. PAL wii with PAL game with PAL DLC.

I have a Wiikey if that makes a difference maybe loading it via usb on a softmod doesnt work.

What loader did you use?

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thank for this useful post
biggrin.gif

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
unsteadycarrot said:
Wierd...mine works through USB loader no problem, i have 4 songs done this way so far. PAL wii with PAL game with PAL DLC.

I have a Wiikey if that makes a difference maybe loading it via usb on a softmod doesnt work.

Hmm, I tried SD/USB Loader 1.5 form Waninkoko & the Cover Flow USB Loader. Both give the same errors.
The wii-key of yours might do the trick or it's because I use the cIOS Rev. 10.

I was hoping to use the USB loader again, faster loading times & no scratched disks..

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
"Wrong area man"

Noticed how Mirk and Ice/Xuzz and other people posted about it?
Also when rb2 engine works better for customs it would probably have less glitches using the custom song creator in GHWT by importing the .mid/.oggs in theory as that basically what it creates. Vocals sound should be easy enough to make though I don't know if you want to bother because most people stick with guitar/drums/bass and (sometimes) like just hearing the words in the background and not singing them. Of course we can just connect with homebrew to a non-nintendo dlc server using the same ticket numbers as Nintendo and it should work. If people bother to try to set it up in GHM or GHSH would be ideal graphic-wise but GHWT has more dlc songs to replace. Or do it the hard way trying to unpack dlc wads than reconstructing some stuff. Now I just need someone with enough time to try to set something like that up. Than our own DLC for all!!!
gbasp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaynds.gif

Also if Mirk releases the source code we could probably set up something similar to that for GHWT by taking out the decrypting part.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GHWT customs would be pretty easy, and I think nanook (theGHOST) is working on them? anyway, pirated DLC has no impact on customs at all - one doesn't help the other in any way

another_waster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Im bored of this already! Theres only say 5 good songs to download!
smile.gif
But cool anyway! Now if somebody could hack Rock Band 2 so we can download a bit Journey ala Family Guy stylee karaoke then Id be happy
biggrin.gif

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
"GHWT customs would be pretty easy, and I think nanook (theGHOST) is working on them?"
I'm assuming nanook is on GBAtemp am I right?
"anyway, pirated DLC has no impact on customs at all - one doesn't help the other in any way"
Can't you install custom songs as dlc and not need to burn another disc for customs? I'm pretty sure you can. Anyways thanks for the info I'll be happy to be a tester for it. I have expanded theGhost for GHA so it works with 200 songs and still saves XD.
Thanks

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
Here´s the way I worked it. 4.0U Wii. USB Loader GX.
Tedious, but it works.

1. Use the custom installer to install both song and title.
2. Launch game, enter archive and move the file to SD. Now I can´t delete it from the Wii´s memory though, so..
3. Exit game, then use WadManager 1.4 to delete the song. But this deletes the title as well, so..
4. Use the custom installer, but this time install the title only. At this time I install the next song and title.
5. At this point I must power the Wii down, because for some reason the USB loader won´t work otherwise.
6. Relaunch the game, enter archive, and now the first song is still on the SD card and is usable, and the new song is on the Wii´s memory. Move it.
Repeat steps 3-6 as many times as you have songs on the card.

Now! Played a long session using only the DLC. It seems as though the game doesn´t read directly from the SD card itself, but rather writes it to system memory, and unfortunately just leaves it there. Of course after a while the Wii memory got totally full and I was unable to play any DLC any more.

No biggy, or so I thought. Just use the WadManager to uninstall them. Wrong! The first song worked, but the rest just got return errors. What I ended up having to do is to use the custom installer to install the title for the next song. Exit, and use the WadManager to delete that song. Over and over till they were all off the Wii memory.

Maybe this might be different when launched from disc instead of USB, but I can´t test that atm.

Hope this helps someone, and would like to know if others have experienced the same thing with playing from SD.

what ios did you use to install?

also in step 4 do you install the same title again then leave then come back to install the new song and title?

is there a way to unstall all DLC from the wii for this game i screwed up and want to start over... and i can't get anything installed?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried callmebob's way and i got one song installed... but my other one or should i say other ones i plan to install will not show up... what should i do?

that's odd i can't get anything to work... the song i mean i just installed anthor song and it works fine... well to a differnt site i go i guess...

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gamersclub said:
"GHWT customs would be pretty easy, and I think nanook (theGHOST) is working on them?"
I'm assuming nanook is on GBAtemp am I right?
"anyway, pirated DLC has no impact on customs at all - one doesn't help the other in any way"
Can't you install custom songs as dlc and not need to burn another disc for customs? I'm pretty sure you can. Anyways thanks for the info I'll be happy to be a tester for it. I have expanded theGhost for GHA so it works with 200 songs and still saves XD.
Thanks
nanook is on ScoreHero.

Custom DLC would work in a different way than pirated DLC, it would just install direct to SD on the computer, then on Wii you just run an installer to add the entries to your save file.

Fulgore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MandM said:
Finally, I've managed to install the DLC on my PAL Wii!!
yay.gif

What did I use:
  • PAL Wii 3.2E Softmodded through Bootmii.
  • cIOS36 rev 10
  • WAD Manager 1.4
  • One Up DLC installer
  • 2 GB SD Card
  • Original GHWT-DVD-disk
Used PAL DLC Songs/titles:
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-Blink-182.Whats.My.Age.Again.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-Boston.Rock.N.Roll.Band.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-Di-Rect.Johnny.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-The.Killers.Human.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-The.Killers.Losing.Touch.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-The.Killers.Mr.Brightside.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-The.Shins.New.Slang.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-The.Smashing.Pumpkins.1979.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
  • [Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-The.Vines.Outtathaway.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp]
The first time I installed the One Up DLC installer, I could add songs and titles but nothing appeared in the Archive screen in Wii-Memory after I started GHWT through disk. Just like most of you here.

Then I uninstalled the song with Rev2 title with WAD Manager 1.4 and after that also the One Up DLC installer (yes, it gave errors).
Restarted the Wii, and installed the One Up DLC again through WAD Manager 1.4 (with the option IOS249).

Then installed another song with a Rev 1 title first. (So first the song, then the title, just like it's supposed to)
Started GHWT-DVD-disk again, didn't sign to Nintendo WFC, went to , then it gave me a message of rebuilding the Music Catalog and Boom! After that, there it was, DLC in my Wii-memory.

Copied it to my SD-Card and I was ready to rock!!

I think the problem was quite simple. Somehow, I think that the One Up DLC installer wasn't properly installed the first time. So the re-installation of the DLC installer helped.

P.S. It doesn't work if you fire GHWT up through a USB Loader. It gives you an error that the song is out of date and needs the proper license, even if it's already copied to your SD-card.

Thanks. I was having trouble, but then followed this and got it working. Although, now, my GHWT music store is empty--the catalog of songs does not show up at all--when I connect to it, and I was wondering if that became the case for you, or anyone else, and whether or not it can possibly be fixed.

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fulgore said:
Thanks. I was having trouble, but then followed this and got it working. Although, now, my GHWT music store is empty--the catalog of songs does not show up at all--when I connect to it, and I was wondering if that became the case for you, or anyone else, and whether or not it can possibly be fixed.

I went to first, then it asked me to rebuild the music catalog (Yes ofcourse, an error). After that it was fine... Guess not after restart of my Wii. There is something odd with the Setlist, it displays all your so called "bought" DLC. You can redownload them, if you don't have them on SD Card or Wii-memory, but then again I'm not gonna try it...
wink2.gif

Wii might get banned, it has a unique serial number..

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
"nanook is on ScoreHero.

Custom DLC would work in a different way than pirated DLC, it would just install direct to SD on the computer, then on Wii you just run an installer to add the entries to your save file."

Thanks Ice I gotta make a scorehero account now XD.

Custom dlc can go on directly though it probably will be compatible with the dlc installer I imagine (just packing it into a wad than installing makes it easier for some people.

Any if rawksd will be opensource?
:crosses fingers:
Thanks
smile.gif

royvedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone gotten this to work on a softmodded wii where the game is launched through a "backup loader"?

When using backup loader the music store doesn't work and I have a feeling that this influences this trick in some way. I can get a working track into the wiis memory, but I cannot transfer without it coming with some "error reading from sd" message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted...