Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
Just to make sure, this doesnt run with SDHC right?
Anyone? Or is this just through USB Loader? Cuz USB Loader GX couldnt read my purchased DLC.
frown.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, couldn't care less, there aren't even 10 songs I like for DLC >___>
Also, to the DLC police remark: I just watched the copyright-infringment Reno 911. You made me rofl hardcore...
Also, yes, WADs are unnecessary; Mrk is not lying when he says that there is a way to do this with a few kb of data. Seeing as you already have it, however, there's not really much to say, except have fun with it. Maybe now I'll play online and people will actually have DLC for the damn game, at a minimum.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I did to get it working (gonna retrace all my steps lol)

First off, im on 4.0U with cIOS38 REV 13A+Cioscorp....

Installed the DLC Installer with Wad Manager 1.4 using IOS38

Launched the DLC installer using IOS38

Installed the DLC song (Unearth-Grave of opportunity)

Installed the "title wad"

booted game up through disc channel and through NeoGammaR3 and both showed the DLC

*not sure if these things matter but....
1. I had Wii points prior to the install
2. Straight after booting the game after the DLC install,I signed in Wi-Fi and accessed the music store, and just exited out
3. Then i checked the archive and my song was there

Hope this helps someone! reply back
smile.gif

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
Rock Band and Guitar Hero DLC has been done on the 360 for a long time now. You just download the DLC from torrents, then use a Hard Drive kit and put the files into the hard drive manually. when you boot the game, the DLC shows up. The 360 only can test if you own it if the DLC is a unlock key, otherwise it lets you play whatever is on the hard drive. You can download the GTA4 DLC and Fallout 3 DLC and install it that way also. Its really simple. Id just rather do the song DLC on a SDHC card on the wii. Hopefully one of the new guitar heros this year will allow us to do that.

Dude not only are you a total tool, but you talk completely out of your ass. All Paid DLC for the XBOX 360 is very well DRM encoded. The only "DLC" you can download for free is disc based. The Rock Band Track Pack discs and Fallout 3 expansion disc. Unless you are talking about the custom discs that were made for GH2. Again... not DLC.

Grow a brain

Tard.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hxcmusic said:
quepaso said:
Rock Band and Guitar Hero DLC has been done on the 360 for a long time now. You just download the DLC from torrents, then use a Hard Drive kit and put the files into the hard drive manually. when you boot the game, the DLC shows up. The 360 only can test if you own it if the DLC is a unlock key, otherwise it lets you play whatever is on the hard drive. You can download the GTA4 DLC and Fallout 3 DLC and install it that way also. Its really simple. Id just rather do the song DLC on a SDHC card on the wii. Hopefully one of the new guitar heros this year will allow us to do that.

Dude not only are you a total tool, but you talk completely out of your ass. All Paid DLC for the XBOX 360 is very well DRM encoded. The only "DLC" you can download for free is disc based. The Rock Band Track Pack discs and Fallout 3 expansion disc. Unless you are talking about the custom discs that were made for GH2. Again... not DLC.

Grow a brain

Tard.

Umm.... quepaso is entirely correct. You, sir, are incorrect. When the DLC is placed on the hard drive, the 360 connects to Live to verify.

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zapu said:
DLC doesn't work on usb loader for some reason (CIOS is based on older IOS? I dunno).

I have a soft-modded wii. I can get the DLC to work from the wii system memory using the USB loader but I can't get it to load from SD card. Same thing for the backup loader. Looks like CIOS problem. It also seems like I can only have one DLC song in wii system memory at a time. If I try to install another one the old one gets written over.

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SF... so what happens when the 360 connects to live? It lets you play DRM protected content on a 360 it was not purchased for? What you said doesn't even make any sense. You can not play ANY Pay DLC on the 360 that was not purchased buy your gamertag for that console.

But I am very used to getting misinformation here on GBATemp.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. Can't wait till these are stripped, parted out, and FoF ready. I'm dying to make Guitar Hero III: World Tour Edition
wacko.gif

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hxcmusic said:
SF... so what happens when the 360 connects to live? It lets you play DRM protected content on a 360 it was not purchased for? What you said doesn't even make any sense. You can not play ANY Pay DLC on the 360 that was not purchased buy your gamertag for that console.

This ^^

Going to test this myself now as i grabbed all available songs last night. ill report back and tell you how it goes, minus the flaming and n00bstakes.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unsteadycarrot said:
hxcmusic said:

This ^^

Going to test this myself now as i grabbed all available songs last night. ill report back and tell you how it goes, minus the flaming and n00bstakes.

Well, technically you can play it easily. It's just that you'll be quickly banned from Live and therefore cannot pirate anymore DLC.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mrkinator said:
Alexrose said:
It's absolute fucking bullshit if he thinks he has it in a few kb. The only way he could do that is to trick the game into thinking he owns the DLC
Ding. Winner.

Then we might be using the same way to get our DLC!

QUOTE said:
Merk, any suggestions on working with the .app files extracted from the WAD?
HowardC U8. No more hints figure the rest on your own
tongue.gif

I'd use IceFire's U8it (found in the Wadder or MyMenu package) instead...

QUOTE(fubka @ Jun 18 2009, 09:19 PM)
There is just not a lot of good DLC in GHWT

True... And anyway, getting RB2 DLC isn't too hard compared to getting GHWT's ones.

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does SF stand for StupidFu....? The 360 checks DRM, and if it passes it lets you play, That's how DRM works. Not the other way around. Prove me wrong. Link to a page in xbox scene or anywhere stating this works, even that it works but bans you. Yeah GTA4 DLC went up on the net, but no one got it to work, I've never even seen RB GH or Fallout DLC on the net. Know why? because it doesn't work.

Now how about we get back to the real topic... Wii GHWT DLC that does work.

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lubbo said:
does this mean we can get our own songs on?

Most of us are having trouble getting THESE songs to work right now (not showing up in the setlist/DLC archive)

There are people with the knowledge of what the notefiles contain etc and we already know what audio is used etc so once this is up and running properly i think it will be similar to that of RawkSD, which i personally think is our best chance as i cannot get these to work at all.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then you are simply doing it wrong
wink.gif

and as already said the best is to use a DVD and not start it from a USB Loader or so.

And honestly why do others care about how it´s distributed. I dunno for sure how this now is all hacked or whatever but if it´s the case for RB2 that you only need a few kb file i would guess it´s something like a ticket that allows you to download the song but is this really better or safer if you would download a song you haven´t payed for !?

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nIxx said:
Then you are simply doing it wrong
wink.gif

and as already said the best is to use a DVD and not start it from a USB Loader or so.

And honestly why do others care about how it´s distributed. I dunno for sure how this now is all hacked or whatever but if it´s the case for RB2 that you only need a few kb file i would guess it´s something like a ticket that allows you to download the song but is this really better or safer if you would download a song you haven´t payed for !?

I dont understand what the difference would be in booting it from DVD or USB, the save game and DLC are still in the same place and are still looked for in the same place.

When i download an official free song using the dvd then boot up the game from usb the DLC is still there.

its not just me either, i would say 95% of people can install the installer and songs perfectly fine but world tour just does not detect them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day