Hacking Guitar Hero / Rock band guitars shenanigans

RickBruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, we all know that music games instruments compability is a bitch on the wii. I was wondering if there was a way to work out some kind of nifty hack that could let other instruments such as I don't know, the 360 xplorer work with Rock band 1 (upcoming rockband 2), any GH games? Or even the wii guitars to let one be able to play on both sides.

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nyko Frontman works with all guitar hero games and rock band 2. 29 bucks at your local gamestop new. I got it for WT and it plays great.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
Seeing as the GH3 controller isn't compatible with Rock Band Wii.
But it is compatible with Rock Band 2 Wii. But seriously, it's better to have GH/RB for 360 as instruments' cross-compatibility with GH/RB games are nearly perfect.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
Yea, I kinda have an interest in this too, seeing as the GH3 controller isn't compatible with Rock Band Wii.
It will in RB 2 (w00t!). I wish there was some hack (especially for the RB Drums in World tour!!)

edit: whoops R2DJ beat me to it
tongue.gif

Daihatsuboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RAneo said:
do you know if GUITAR HERO-WORLD TOUR guitars/drums be compatible with ROCK BAND 2 guitars/drums and viceversa??

Not quite sure but I know that it's been confirmed that Rock Band 1 instruments with with World Tour.

RickBruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hazz said:
Nyko Frontman works with all guitar hero games and rock band 2. 29 bucks at your local gamestop new. I got it for WT and it plays great.

So I could play world tour and Rockband 1 and 2 on my wii with it? Are you absolutely sure about that?

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RickBruiser said:
Hazz said:

So I could play world tour and Rockband 1 and 2 on my wii with it? Are you absolutely sure about that?

I am using it for GHWT right now
smile.gif
I haven't tried it with rock band though.

RickBruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cdn_bacon said:
RickBruiser said:
give it a shot. I'll be waiting.

You might be waiting a while, I don't have rockband
smile.gif
sorry man

aww! Guess i'll have to see by myself will I? Reading all the posts above it seems pretty solid that it's only compatible with WT and Rockband 2. Tough, that seems good enough since both of them are online.. or at least I think Rockband 2 for the wii will be.. right?

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RickBruiser said:
Hazz said:

No, it will work with all GH games and Rock Band 2. Rock Band 1 is garbage, though....

Daihatsuboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
agn015 said:
daihatsuboy said:
Not quite sure but I know that it's been confirmed that Rock Band 1 instruments with with World Tour.
Where did you hear this?

From a while back: [Kotaku]

-Edit-
Upon further research, this unfortunately doesn't apply to the Wii...

Someone on the Nintendo Tech Forums tried it with his own instruments and they didn't work.

I have RB1 with the complete guitar, drum and mic set. I've tried each of these with GT:WT and only the mic works. I only got the WT guitar set, so I've only tried the guitar with RB1 for Wii and it does not seem to work.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i have RB1 and i think i should have waited and just gotten RB2 instead. These RB1 instruments definitely do not work with other RB/GH/WT games.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see the Rock Band Drumset work with RB (Backup loader) or GHWT or have some 360 instruments work with the Wii,

I mean they have those types of drivers available for computer ( 360 instruments on a PC or Mac), Would be difficult to translate that to something on the Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: