Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Specs

wiikey 1.9s

3.3 system

Well Im a little frazzled on this one, both of these games used to work on my wii, the backup of guitar hero 3 works flawlessly, however the customized copies will not.

As soon as i put either disc in i get a system files are corruptI have to eject the disc and restart the wii.Does this no matter what. All my other backups work fine. Im not sure when they stopped working, but I reburned them and i get the exact same message...

Somebody tell me this is an easy fix, i love all the songs and now limited to GH3 and thats it..

thanks

Foxstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure firmware 3.3 contains the new IOS37 firmware which blocks the trucha sign bug from working. So any discs altered with that won't work.

As for a fix there isn't really one unless you downgrade your firmware, which i think might be possible now but i haven't been following the scene so i'm not too sure. Someone more knowledgeable will come along soon.

Cheers

wiimodder69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys! Thanks!

I was doing some poking around on geckoOS. I do already have homebrew installed, just a matter of bootting geckoOS from an SD card??? I'll do some poking around for info, but if somebody could explain this quickly it would be much appriciated. Is there a way i can edit an ISO so i can avoid using geckoOS? Also If it is possible to downgrade my firmware..How do i do this???

Are we going to see more of the truncha signed disks in the future??? And why only custom created ones...Makes no sense to me... perhaps somebody can shed light in this area.

mootabolife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have everything working fine with the 3.3 update and Gecko OS loading my burnt GH3 customs. However, the PAL discs have a stuttering problem on the note bar which makes the expert level virtually unplayable. The same is not true of the NTSC cust GH3 loaded through Gecko.. I'm starting to think the 3.3 update was a bad idea.. any ideas from anyone? Could it be the regionfree patches applied to the disc?

wiimodder69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK status update.

got geckoOS installed NP, and loaded GH3 custom Rockband edition(which kicks ass by the way!!)

Anyways.. I played the first four songs, np. now im into the second set of songs and the wii will crash saying there is a system error, and sadly stops working........Yeah, it stutters.... then crashes..

I was able to play the first set thou....which is kinda wierd.

Im gonna try my gh3 custom gh2 disc and see how she fares....

So i might have a possible bad burn disc I will soon see, after i try gh2..

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for me, I always end up pausing the song immediately after it starts and choosing "restart". Always fixes any stuttering problems for me.

I don't use version 3.3 yet though. In fact, the whole reason I haven't upgraded was because I don't want to go through the extra step of using Gecko OS for my custom GH3 discs.

wiimodder69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK.. Update.

have had good success with guitar hero 2 custom.. Seems fine,m so the issue lies in the disc it'self. I have the NTSC version of rockband edition on the way so I will backup this version and report back....

Using the homebrew channel to boot into geckoOS isnt too bad, The wife just thinks im the biggest geek in the world after seeing that!!!lolol.

mootabolife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it out, the restart method doesn't work for the PAL discs. The NTSC version of the rock band custom is on the way, and I think i just might modify my own for I and encore.

wiimodder69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I can verify i have it working now using gecko OS and the new NTSC version. The stuttering problems appears to have vacated. This just makes up for wiis lack of power in the downloading dept.. KICK ASS BOYS THANKS>

prismways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,
I have a wii w/ v.4.1 via Wani and running cyclo mod.

I have installed the Trucha Bug Restorer for ios36 and ios37, but I am still unable to run GH3 custom discs.

I even tried via Gecko v.1.9.2 OS and it just locks up at the Loading Title sequence.

Can somebody give hints? Also what are the configurations I should set the Gecko OS for? (i.e. ntsc force, pal50 force, hook, etc)

thanks for your help!

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DaveMode said:
I know for me, I always end up pausing the song immediately after it starts and choosing "restart". Always fixes any stuttering problems for me.

I don't use version 3.3 yet though. In fact, the whole reason I haven't upgraded was because I don't want to go through the extra step of using Gecko OS for my custom GH3 discs.

You know with a USB loader, the stuttering problem goes away completely
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, oh