Hacking [GUIDE] Upgrading 8.1.0-0J to 9.2.0-20J

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well crap. I get an error when trying to update and the 3DS restarts.

Tried twice so far, and I have these two entries in the log:

Hmm, seems like it's not getting to the next step. You should have log entries like, if successful:

1. ... GetSystemTitleHash detected ...
2. ... GetSystemUpdate detected ...
3. ... GetSystemCommonETicket detected ...

Since it's apparently breaking at the "GetSystemTitleHash" step, I would suggest double-checking:
1. You need to change the TitleHash value (in GetSystemTitleHash_response.xml) to match the one in GetSystemUpdate_response.xml: 8564645C8A1B36E6E13F93D6C5348763
2. You need to change the NusURL value (in GetAccountStatus_response.xml) to match the path of your webserver host!
3. Make sure you have all 3 if/elseif statements in your update.php script.
4. Make sure you are not blocking 3DS update servers (if you normally do this in your router/etc.).

I assume the "listprocess()" command in NTRclient properly returned a list of running processes including NIM? If so then you were definitely connected to your 3DS. I hope these suggestions help!

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, seems like it's not getting to the next step. You should have log entries like, if successful:

1. ... GetSystemTitleHash detected ...
2. ... GetSystemUpdate detected ...
3. ... GetSystemCommonETicket detected ...

Since it's apparently breaking at the "GetSystemTitleHash" step, I would suggest double-checking:
1. You need to change the TitleHash value (in GetSystemTitleHash_response.xml) to match the one in GetSystemUpdate_response.xml: 8564645C8A1B36E6E13F93D6C5348763
2. You need to change the NusURL value (in GetAccountStatus_response.xml) to match the path of your webserver host!
3. Make sure you have all 3 if/elseif statements in your update.php script.
4. Make sure you are not blocking 3DS update servers (if you normally do this in your router/etc.).

I assume the "listprocess()" command in NTRclient properly returned a list of running processes including NIM? If so then you were definitely connected to your 3DS. I hope these suggestions help!

Aha, it's the php file. Everything else looks correct. I only count two elseifs. How would I fix this?

<?php

header('Content-Type: text/xml');

$headers = apache_request_headers();
$myfile = fopen("log3ds.txt","a");

foreach ($headers as $header => $value) {

fwrite($myfile, $header);
fwrite($myfile, ": ");
fwrite($myfile, $value);
fwrite($myfile, "\n");

if($header == "SOAPAction") {
if($value == "urn:nus.wsapi.broadon.com/GetSystemUpdate") {
fwrite($myfile, "GetSystemUpdate detected\n");
echo file_get_contents("GetSystemUpdate_response.xml");
} elseif ($value == "urn:nus.wsapi.broadon.com/GetSystemTitleHash") {
fwrite($myfile, "GetSystemTitleHash detected\n");
echo file_get_contents("GetSystemTitleHash_response.xml");
} elseif ($value == "urn:nus.wsapi.broadon.com/GetSystemCommonETicket") {
fwrite($myfile, "GetSystemCommonETicket detected\n");
echo file_get_contents("GetSystemCommonETicket_response.xml");
}
}

}
fwrite($myfile, "\n");
fclose($myfile);
die();

?>

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left the device ID as 'xxx' in the GetCommonETicket_response.xml file and it worked for me.

Sorry about if/elseif confusion, I meant 3 statements overall between the 2nd 'if' and the 2 other 'elseif' statments. The 'update.php' file you pasted looks correct. I was more sure the problem would lie in the hash value in 'GetSystemTitleHash_response.xml' not being correct.

The only things I had to change from the original files/templates given in the OP were:
1. Hash in GetSystemTitleHash_response.xml to match the value from GetSystemUpdate_response.xml
2. NusURL value in GetAccountStatus_response.xml
3. Adding elseif for GetCommonETicket case in update.php

Otherwise, I didn't have to change anything elsewhere in the files for it to work for me.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just having issues with getting NTRDebugger to work. Seems like nothing I type actually does anything.
I've done everything else including enabling it on NTR CFW.

clock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the NUSURL is yourhost/yourphpfile.php?

Don't have my n3ds jp here to test but I'm set up my laptop to do the work tonight.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just having issues with getting NTRDebugger to work. Seems like nothing I type actually does anything.
I've done everything else including enabling it on NTR CFW.

If the 'connect' command in NTRclient isn't working, make sure you are using port '8000' like it says in the instructions after enabling the debugger on the New 3DS. Also be sure you are connecting to the proper IP address of your New 3DS (might have to sort it out by MAC address if you have lots of wireless devices connected to your router) If you have a firewall on the connecting computer that may also be blocking connectivity. I didn't have any firewall issues in Windows 8.1, but YMMV.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 'connect' command in NTRclient isn't working, make sure you are using port '8000' like it says in the instructions after enabling the debugger on the New 3DS. Also be sure you are connecting to the proper IP address of your New 3DS (might have to sort it out by MAC address if you have lots of wireless devices connected to your router) If you have a firewall on the connecting computer that may also be blocking connectivity. I didn't have any firewall issues in Windows 8.1, but YMMV.

I have the right IP, I only have a few devices. It shows up as 3DS-XXXX in my router settings. I'm able to ping it just fine from my PC. I temporarily disabled my firewall and no dice.
EDIT:
I figured it out. God, I'm an idiot, I was typing in the wrong field.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the right IP, I only have a few devices. It shows up as 3DS-XXXX in my router settings. I'm able to ping it just fine from my PC. I temporarily disabled my firewall and no dice.
EDIT:
I figured it out. God, I'm an idiot, I was typing in the wrong field.

LOL, nice, I did that too at first!

YES! Success! Fixed my scrub mistake and I'm now on 9.2.0-20J. :D

Thanks so much for your help!

Woot, great to hear, you are most welcome! :yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!