Hacking Upgrading 8.1.0-0J on N3DS

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I know what I'm talking about, I just wasn't paying attention.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need a primary exploit to install that exploit, so he'd have to buy Pubic Ninja, or Freakyforms Deluxe.
My idea is he can set it up on another console and replace the payload with the Japanese one (if there is one, which I'm sure there is). Then he can do whatever he needs to for the Sysnand update to 9.2.0-10J (because that's what the 9.2 JPN update pack seems to give).

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Well, if that were the case, anything would count as a private exploit as anyone could install it for anyone. I BELIEVE it's a console specific thing written the SD card. I haven't looked into it, but I believe that's how it works.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if that were the case, anything would count as a private exploit as anyone could install it for anyone. I BELIEVE it's a console specific thing written the SD card. I haven't looked into it, but I believe that's how it works.
Then I wouldn't be able to use Cubic Ninja on two different 9.2.0-20U 3DSes, but I can.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's installed to the savadata, but it's console specific, and can only be installed through *hax.

"This is the second savegame exploit released by ShinyQuagsire in less than a week, after Supermysterychunkhaxreleased earlier this week. Just like the Pokemon exploit, the (v*)hax will require you to have a “primary” entry point, that is another hack in order to actually install the exploited savegame on the console, such as browserhax, or thecubic ninja exploit,. You’ll need the help of a friend who already has a hacked 3DS, or this could be useful for people who already have a hacked console, as a “safety net” of sorts."
SOURCE: http://wololo.net/2016/05/01/3ds-vhax-released-new-3ds-userland-exploit-for-game-vvvvvv/

So maybe you can install it with another hacked 3DS, not sure tho.

Okay, read up a bit more. It's all through the cartridge. It's installed to the cartridge. So you need that cartridge put into a already hacked 3DS, exploited, and then put in yours. That's why it worked in your case. So unless he already has another exploit or hacked 3DS, he can't do much ;~;

breakingspell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL! I thought this thread would die quietly, I guess not, haha.

I'd, of course, thought about the old MSET exploits and RX's pasta mode in order to run sysupdater, but seeing as how it's a N3DS, it never shipped with firmware below 8.1.0, which is one reason why the 2.1.0 portion of the OTP process requires an extra step to "unbrick" that FW. In the dozens of consoles i've modded from the early gateway exploits all the way to A9LH, i've never encountered one with the -0 designation, which lacks a browser and must have a system update ran to enable it. If I'd have worked on the console last month, I could have ran the update to 10.7 to acquire the browser and go from there, but i'd still require a JAP cart to get access to the homebrew menu to downgrade.

No matter what hax entrypoint i'd use on any J firmware <9.0 - >10.5, it would require the JAP version of that game, be it Cubic Ninja, OOT, ORAS, or Freakyforms. The only sure-fire way to get the right game is to use a Sky3DS or blow a ton of money on an import cart that you'll only use once. The last console I got was on 9.8 or 9.9J, with a browser version that let me jump right into browserhax, but this time around I wasn't so lucky. I'm planning on ordering from the same seller I had last time when the credit from the return hits my account.

@Tony_93, I sent you a PM regarding the Sky3DS, i'm definitely interested

Last edited by breakingspell,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's a third method nobody's mentioned yet:

If you have a Gateway, you can use their 4.0 betas to update from sysNAND mode to 9.2 with the latest sysUpdater off Profi200's Github.

Now before someone comes and say you'll brick, you actually won't as long as you're using the 4.0 beta, since they have no FIRM protection, instead adding a nag screen asking if you really want to boot sysNAND or not. A few users can attest to that, including @CrispyYoshi, as well as myself (in my case I didn't update from 8.1-J, I was on Gateway's A9LH and updated with sysUpdater to overwrite FIRM to remove their A9LH).

Just make a NAND backup before doing it in case the worst comes to pass.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP @breakingspell I was in the same position some months ago and bought Sky just to load a Japanese Cubic Ninja ROM onto it, then used the private server hosting method.

If you want I can let you borrow it if you'll cover some of the shipping expenses and return it when you're done?

breakingspell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP @breakingspell I was in the same position some months ago and bought Sky just to load a Japanese Cubic Ninja ROM onto it, then used the private server hosting method.

If you want I can let you borrow it if you'll cover some of the shipping expenses and return it when you're done?

Thanks man, but I just corresponded with @Tony_93, his cart is on the way. Thanks for the support guys, I may offer up my Freakyforms cart on the cheap to keep the karma going

hyno111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If I remember correctly, Gateway on 8.1.0-0J needs an OOT card and a save dongle to boot? At least that what I used weeks ago until 10.6 downgrade is out.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Op. If you was local you could have borrowed my jp cn cart. I used the dummy server method, updated to 10.3 and then back to a downgraded to 9.1 again when the first unstable downgrader was released.

Last edited by Thelonewolf88,

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you need either Cubic or Oot (with a way to inject the save) to launch gateway on N3DS 8.1.0J
I think you can easily find Oot since it's been remade (Nintendo select i think it's called)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: