Guide to installing VC games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by auroreon, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Praetor192

Praetor192 GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    [​IMG] glad to hear you figured it out.

2. jourdy

jourdy Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2008
    OH MY IT WORKED!
    Funny thing is, I never changed anything.

I got a faulty copy of TP that takes forever to load.
    I burned a new copy, and voila! It worked!

Thanks so much guys.

3. EasierToRun09

EasierToRun09 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    United States
    I had to sign up for this site just so I could reply to this thread and say how amazingly awesome the OP is, at first it didn't work (I accidentally named a file data.bin.bin) but after it did, wow. Thank you so much!

4. flo1983

flo1983 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2007
    Netherlands
    hey guys, i want to play wiiware games on my modded Wii (not online). is there any way i could avoid using the TP hack? you know, like just burn the games on dvd's or something? the reason is that i have no SD card. isn't there like an installer disk that will install the channel and/or the game?

5. cuber3

cuber3 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    Belgium
    Everything works fine, but I made a mistake and accidentally added too many games.
    All my blocks are full and I've removed a lot of stuff but it keeps showing 0 blocks free.
    I can't do anything since I keep getting sent to the memory settings to remove things.
    I know just removing the wads from the memory screen isn't good enough, but I can't get back into twilight princess because I'm out of memory, so I can't remove the wads.

Please help me, what can I do about this?
    Is there any way to completely reset your Wii's memory?
    Or anything else?

EDIT: Never mind, I formatted my Wii in the settings, everything is back to normal [​IMG]

6. Praetor192

Praetor192 GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Yeah, that happened to me too, although I didn't format. If you just kept deleting stuff, it would eventually show positive blocks again.

7. L_o_N_e_R

L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    can someone help me?

everytime i try to run the program and try to install something it just displays a bunch of symbols...

anyone had this problem and fixed it?

8. _Pie_

_Pie_ GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    Italy
    GBARL.it
    Someone know how to change the original ticket of the VC games with another (random)?
    Thanks. [​IMG]

9. Sir VG

Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 26, 2004
    United States
    I believe if you convert the ELF to a DOL you can then burn it to a DVD, but I've never used it that way. It's just a hell of a lot easier to get a SD card and use that, especially since new games come out all the time, so you're not continually wasting DVDs.

10. bmaster77

bmaster77 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2008
    United States
    I get this at the end of the codes:

FAT_ReadFile(boot.elf) failed with error -1
    ss No elf image at address 980100000
    Dol image detected?
    loading binary file...

Then i can't go any further.

Please help.

11. maximm

maximm Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2005
    So, lets get this straight as it has not been asked in the thread yet.

- Can you move the installed VC-games from the 512MB internal memory of the Wii to a SD-card, or can you only install VC-games on the internal memory, and when it gets full no more games can be installed. With installed i mean "hacked" in with the wad-installer.

Thanks

12. shpidah

shpidah Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2005
    United States
    Minneapolis, MN
    What happens if you install more wads than you have space for??

Also- does it really matter if I just delete the channel instead of running the wad installer?

13. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    you run out of space and the wads will stop installing.

If nintendo starts banning people or the trigger for IOS37 comes then yes it does matter

14. zabikt

zabikt Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2005
    Poland
    Yes, you can. VC games, once installed, later are same like VC games downloaded from Nintendo. You can copy games to SD card and later back to your console, but similar like original games to YOUR console only, because during installing games are partially encrypted using your console code.

15. choji

choji Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2007
    United States
    I'm not getting the numbers and symbols when I talk to the guy or walk back. The game just freezes. Should I just let it stay on that screen or am I doing something wrong?

16. Sir VG

Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 26, 2004
    United States
    The crash and display should be nearly instantaneous. You have played the game at least once, and installed the correct TPH save file compared to your version of TP?

17. choji

choji Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2007
    United States
    There were 2 twilight hack saves for NTSC, which one was I supposed to use? I copied over the one that ended in 2 instead of the one that ended in 0. I'll try out the other save to see what happens.

*edit*

It seems I was using the wrong save file. Got the hack to work. Thanks for the Guide and replies.

18. lmaster123

lmaster123 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2007
    United States
    I have the same problem. The TP exploit starts and I see it loading however those numbers go on and on and on. I've played TP once and deleted the save just as described. Only thing I have one the SD card is the boot.elf and the private folder. I've tried both rzde0 and rzde2 and either seem to work. With rzde0 I get the continuous display of numbers like this user. With rzde2, TP locks as I'm talking to the guy? Any help would be appreciated. I have formatted the SD as well as tried two different cards with same results.

Thanks!

19. Theherolink_1

Theherolink_1 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2008
    United States
    Does this also works with Wiiware games?

20. L_o_N_e_R

L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    yes it should with any wad files made for the wii