• Thread starter auroreon
  • Start date
  • Views 192,496
  • Replies 166

crewem

Trophies
XP
Country
Now it finds my .elf file but then coding comes up saying like err:numbers more numbers
And more and more of these lines keep coming until it says it is hanging and i have to reset it.
Any help?

Found Boot.elf
err=c1000002, reply=00000900 00000000 10010004 continues a bit more.
err=c1000002, reply=00400900 00000000 0000019e etc.

These are the the three lines that matter. The last one repeats itself until it says failed to read boot.elf (-1)!
No code found to load, hanging

SnakeWesker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything that the guide said. When I went to the Homebrew Channel to install the WAD Manager, though, it got stuck on 0% and never went up. Did I do anything wrong?

TheCruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know I kind of renewed an old topic but concerning the Twilight Hack, can I remove it from my memory and replace it back to my original Twilight data? It's not like I need the Twilight hack anymore if I have the Homebrew Channel installed already right?

shineget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SnakeWesker said:
I did everything that the guide said. When I went to the Homebrew Channel to install the WAD Manager, though, it got stuck on 0% and never went up. Did I do anything wrong?

i am having the same problem, tried both 1.0 and 1.1, both just freeze on 0% and nothing happens.

edit: Never mind, i got it working. Apparently the homebrew channel will not load apps if there are gamecube memory cards plugged in, i took them out and it worked fine. not sure what that is about.

DeathGrind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all, nice guide.

I used WAD manger 1.21 and successfully installed a VC game. My Question is really easy...

QUOTE said:
WARNING!!! DO NOT INSTALL MORE VC GAMES THAN YOUR WII HAS SPACE FOR!

How can i tell how much space i have left on my Wii?
I found in the wii where it tells me how many blocks i have, but that doesn't help me as my .wads are in MB.

Please someone enlighten me
biggrin.gif

a3HeadedMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeathGrind said:
first of all, nice guide.

I used WAD manger 1.21 and successfully installed a VC game. My Question is really easy...

QUOTE said:
WARNING!!! DO NOT INSTALL MORE VC GAMES THAN YOUR WII HAS SPACE FOR!

How can i tell how much space i have left on my Wii?
I found in the wii where it tells me how many blocks i have, but that doesn't help me as my .wads are in MB.

Please someone enlighten me
biggrin.gif

I just assume that any WiiWare or VC wad is 300 blocks, as this pretty much the limit.

I just helped a friend set up the Homebrew Channel & install wads. This is the guide I made for him..

________________________________________________________________________________

First you need to install the Homebrew Channel by following this simple guide..

http://lifehacker.com/400581/hack-your-wii...nd-dvd-playback

Once you have the Homebrew Channel, you’ll need to add the wad installer/uninstaller apps found here to your apps folder on your SD card. Just cut the installer & the uninstaller out of the apps folder that comes with this download & paste them into the apps folder you already have created on your SD by installing the Homebrew Channel.

Now when you start up the Homebrew Channel, you will see the wad installer/uninstaller with the rest of your apps.

Now you need some wads to install. Go here..

Only install PAL wads. NTSC wads will not work on a PAL machine.

Create a folder on the root of your SD card called ‘wad’. Download whatever games/wads you want & copy them to the ‘wad’ folder on your SD card. Make sure your Wii has enough blocks free for whatever wads you are copying to the SD, as the wad installer will install every wad found in the wad folder when you run the install programme. I just install one at a time to be safe.

When you want to delete a wad, don’t delete the channel as you would normally as this leaves behind tickets & various other hidden files. Instead, just run the wad uninstaller on the Homebrew Channel. The wad uninstaller will uninstall any game that’s on your Wii menu that can be found in your wad folder on the SD card. So the careful adding & removing of wads from this folder is essential to stay on top of things. I usually install a wad & then delete it from the wad folder on the SD card as soon as it’s done. When I want to remove it, I just put it back on the SD card, uninstall it & then delete it again, keeping the SD card clean at all times.

Here are some Youtube guides that might help..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=StlZ-JtlDXw

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LwQm5bebY6w

It’s pretty easy actually once you get your head round it all.

FREE GAMES! w00t!! =D

a3HeadedMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeathGrind said:
QUOTE said:
Only install PAL wads. NTSC wads will not work.

not true. I just installed a NTSC wad. All the wads i have are NTSC.

Thank you for the information about the block size.

I did mention that this was a guide for a friend. He has an un-chipped PAL Wii like me & the only way to ensure 100% compatibility is with PAL wads or the use of freethewads.

DeathGrind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I did mention that this was a guide for a friend. He has an un-chipped PAL Wii like me & the only way to ensure 100% compatibility is with PAL wads or the use of freethewads.

opps...i should have realized that.

anyway, thanks again for the information about the block sizes of wads.

I've tried a few things to determine the size in MB of 1 block size, but i keep getting different values. So i guess the blocks don't have a set "size", my guess is that they vary.

a3HeadedMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeathGrind said:
QUOTE said:

opps...i should have realized that.

anyway, thanks again for the information about the block sizes of wads.

I've tried a few things to determine the size in MB of 1 block size, but i keep getting different values. So i guess the blocks don't have a set "size", my guess is that they vary.

Yes they do vary. From anything to 60 blocks (a NES game) to 300 blocks (N64 game). That's why I said to just assume every game is 300 blocks & more often than not, you'll get blocks back.

This is the size of the WiiWare titles...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/a_t...key/blocks1.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/a_t...key/blocks2.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l238/a_t...key/blocks3.jpg

VC games vary just the same but there is no list that I know of. If you're after a specific title I could probably find out for you.

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an NTSC Wii 3.1u. I have homebrew plus WiiGator's backup loader installed. Would I have any problems install a VC game?

johnyaldo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello please help im got to step 8 and i dont know what to do
"Insert the Twilight Princess disc into the Wii" what is the Twilight Princess disc and where do u get this from ?
please replay to me my email is
[email protected]
thanks.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Twilight Princess disc is the game Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. So you probably don't have the game since you didn't know, so you're either going to have to go buy it or rent it. Which I highly recommend buying it since it's pretty cheap by now, and the best Zelda game to date(in my opinion).

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Are there two types of NTSC VC games, one for NTSC USA and another for NTSC JAP? Because I have a JAP Wii and I don't want to risk bricking it by installing the wrong version VC games. Is there anyone who can confirm they got it working on a JAP Wii?

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
Are there two types of NTSC VC games, one for NTSC USA and another for NTSC JAP? Because I have a JAP Wii and I don't want to risk bricking it by installing the wrong version VC games. Is there anyone who can confirm they got it working on a JAP Wii?

I honestly don't know the answer to that, i don't *think* it will work even though they are both NTSC.. grab a prog called freethewads, learn how to use it, (not to tricky from what i have read) and make it region-free'd.

then you shouldn't have problems.

edit: also, i don't think you run the risk of 'bricking' from installing a wad from different region, will just load a black screen or take you to main menu, and you'll just have to uninstall it.

ganonthesage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>.<
Hate being 16. And cheap.
USED to have TP until it got scratched, so I traded it in. and now I'll need to get it again for this. As soon as they get something out to work against the latest wii update.
And I say cheap as in really cheap. Don't want to buy anything off of the wii shop channel. My parents wouldn't like the fact that I want a game just to hack though.
ANY possible way around w/o TP hack?
I already have the files of some games I would like to play.

Nick™

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for it! Nice guide
grog.gif

Edit: I Have the homebrew channel now, and i trying to put Paper mario [N64] i do everything like the guide, but when i put the sd card and go into the homebrew channel, appears "apps/wad-manager/bo.. and it says don't have any file can be installed. i have the other folder named "wad" too, with the .wad file inside. What should i do?
P.S: i tryied with the WAD installer too.
Sorry by the bad english, i hope you understand

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Make sure the 'wad' folder is outside the 'apps' folder. Wad folder should be in the root of your sd card. Also try removing the .wad extension in the file name. For example, just name the wad 'starfox64' instead of 'starfox64.wad'. Also make sure you have a 'real' wad and not an injected one. To do this just follow the instructions by "kknn" on the 3rd page of this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome