Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
bevardimus said:
thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for this guide! MLBIS is now working for me and I couldn't have done it without this. Just one minor thing: Is soft-reset EVER going to work with YSMENU on an R4?

Good to know that M&L:BIS is working on your R4; it's a great game. The Soft-Reset button doesn't work, yet...I'm not sure if Yasu'll ever add a soft-reset button...
unsure.gif
Soft rest works just fine, it just doesn't work on the r4. It works when using ysmenu on a dstt.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bevardimus said:
Just one minor thing: Is soft-reset EVER going to work with YSMENU on an R4?

Well there haven't been any updates for YSMenu since March this year.
It depends if Yasu will make any more updates for YSMenu, which isn't likely since he hasn't since March, but you never know.

tomdarth5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yaynds.gif
I would just like to say thanks for taking the time to produce this guide - i followed this to the letter and managed to get m+l bis (U) working fine. I have an original r4 and basically lost interest in the whole scene as i thought i would have to buy a new card altogether.

I did try and build one using r4ysg1.5.1 and it worked - would this have a more up to date cheats database and also there is only a dsmenu.dat file and a ttmenu folder when i do it this way but when using your guide the ysmenu.ini , r4tf.dldi and a few other files are in the root - is either way okay?

Sorry to sound pedantic as really appreciate the work you must have put in to this (I went through all the steps and it works fine apart from the E m+l game) but just thought the other way would be a little less time consuming.
Cheers

sonicfanboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i did the part to get ysmenu to run as secondary firmware but i get to the part where you chose the save and it freezes im using a clean rom

Stardotstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a genuine R4 Revolution for DS. I am trying to get Mario & Luigi :BIS to run, so far without success. I have followed the guide and installed YSMenu, all seemed to go well. When I run the game it gets to the Save file screen where you choose which file to save to but nothing works. I redid the YSMenu, this time at step 16 I copied (not moved) the YSMenu.nds file to the R4Crypt folder and carried on as before.
Now when booting the DS the menu shows my games folder as usual and the YSMenu.nds file. I choose YSMenu.nds then enter the games folder but I get the exact same failure.
My SD card has these files:

_DS_MENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
TTMENU.DAT
YSMenu.ini
YSMenu.nds
TTMenu (folder)
Games (folder)

What am I doing wrong? All help appreciated.

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Stardotstar said:
I have a genuine R4 Revolution for DS. I am trying to get Mario & Luigi :BIS to run, so far without success. I have followed the guide and installed YSMenu, all seemed to go well. When I run the game it gets to the Save file screen where you choose which file to save to but nothing works. I redid the YSMenu, this time at step 16 I copied (not moved) the YSMenu.nds file to the R4Crypt folder and carried on as before.
Now when booting the DS the menu shows my games folder as usual and the YSMenu.nds file. I choose YSMenu.nds then enter the games folder but I get the exact same failure.

_DS_MENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
TTMENU.DAT
YSMenu.ini
YSMenu.nds
TTMenu (folder)
Games (folder)

Ok first of all, you shouldn't have to run the ysmenu.nds file since you say your r4 is original. You can safely run ysmenu as a replacement firmware and it will work 100%.

Did you build ysmenu using the unofficial kernal for dstt? If you DID, then M&L:BIS really should work.... I mean you can try downloading the rom from other sources than what you normally use.

Stardotstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply Triassic. I did locate a different source for the game - and the new one works perfectly! Until you replied I assumed that I had made a mistake and didn't consider that the game itself may be dodgy.
Sincere thanks.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Can Wi-Fi work on YSMenu? Because whenever I try to use Wi-Fi with YSMenu (Black original, genuine R4) It just loads and loads and loads. I have the Correct Wi-Fi Settings; I even tried Testing the Connection, it just loads and loads and loads. I'm sorry if this Question was already asked, but, on this thread, I couldn't find this question, so I might as well say it here. Many thanks in your respondency!

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Question: Can Wi-Fi work on YSMenu? Because whenever I try to use Wi-Fi with YSMenu (Black original, genuine R4) It just loads and loads and loads. I have the Correct Wi-Fi Settings; I even tried Testing the Connection, it just loads and loads and loads. I'm sorry if this Question was already asked, but, on this thread, I couldn't find this question, so I might as well say it here. Many thanks in your respondency!
YSMenu does not interfere with wifi at all. If your wifi is not working it's because of the router you are using.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
I am r4ymond said:
YSMenu does not interfere with wifi at all. If your wifi is not working it's because of the router you are using.

I tried Wi-Fi on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and it worked fine (With YSMenu). I forgot which Game I used Wi-Fi on, but the Game took, like, forever to Connect to Wi-Fi...or it just Won't Connect. How peculiar.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@triassic911

Just wanted to say thanks.

I just used this guide to replace my v1.18 R4DS software and it worked perfectly the first time.

Cheers

SpecterM91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, okay, question? I'm doing this now, and I'm on step sixteen. When I get the _DS_Menu thing, it comes up as a Nero file. What am I supposed to do there? It shouldn't be a Nero file, should it?

Oh, wait, I think that's okay. Now I have another issue. When I click the ttextract.exe file, it says it's missing TTMENU.DAT. But I've done everything else up to this point. What went wrong here?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SpecterM91 said:
Um, okay, question? I'm doing this now, and I'm on step sixteen. When I get the _DS_Menu thing, it comes up as a Nero file. What am I supposed to do there? It shouldn't be a Nero file, should it?
That's because it's a .dat file. Nero associates itself with .dat files if you let it.

djdarknezz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Stardotstar said:

_DS_MENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
r4tf.dldi
TTMENU.DAT
YSMenu.ini
YSMenu.nds
TTMenu (folder)
Games (folder)

I am having the exact same problem as stardotstar here. I've tried reinstalling the firmware several times but nothing seems to help.
I even downloaded other versions of the rom but still no go.
Anybody has an idea what's wrong here? Thanks in advance
smile.gif

deanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi dudes i have a problem:
i had been following your guide and i managed to get YSMENU to work on my DS (original r4), only i cant play games on it cuz the loading bar stop at the end and the games are not loading...

i dont know what i did wrong, anyone have ideas?

deanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not working
frown.gif

i followed the guide and checked it again,
the YSMENU start up normaly but when i try starting a game it just get stuck and won't load it.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
deanj said:
not working
frown.gif

i followed the guide and checked it again,
the YSMENU start up normaly but when i try starting a game it just get stuck and won't load it.

download the system files again, it might work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/iqu132vTl5Y?si=MZw4KpDtlawLZNEF