Hacking Guide to installing + uninstalling YSmenu on the R4

sonicfanboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stardotstar said:
Thanks for your reply Triassic. I did locate a different source for the game - and the new one works perfectly! Until you replied I assumed that I had made a mistake and didn't consider that the game itself may be dodgy.
Sincere thanks.
dose the same thing on mine two

djdarknezz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for all the help guys.

The prob was indeed a crooked /nds file, found the correct one and everythings seems to be working for now
smile.gif

Thx for the great guide!!

daniel2147

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonicfanboy said:
Stardotstar said:
Thanks for your reply Triassic. I did locate a different source for the game - and the new one works perfectly! Until you replied I assumed that I had made a mistake and didn't consider that the game itself may be dodgy.
Sincere thanks.
were did you get it from this time im using a rom from ********** and it dose the same thing

Don't quote Rom websites Please...

sonicfanboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
daniel2147 said:
sonicfanboy said:
Stardotstar said:
Sincere thanks.
were did you get it from this time im using a rom from ********** and it dose the same thing

sorry forgot

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
sonicfanboy said:
daniel2147 said:
sonicfanboy said:
Stardotstar said:
Sincere thanks.

sorry forgot

Edit your Comment and take it out....

Doom Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty common question, but I really don't want to check 17 pages long of comments. So here it goes.
I tried YSMenu and I can't launch Bowser's Inside Story. It freezes on two white screens. What's the problem? According to the FAQ, it was supposed to work...

Thanks in advance

pokemonfan4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doom Chaos said:
Pretty common question, but I really don't want to check 17 pages long of comments. So here it goes.
I tried YSMenu and I can't launch Bowser's Inside Story. It freezes on two white screens. What's the problem? According to the FAQ, it was supposed to work...

Thanks in advance

You can copy all the files on your sd to computer. Format it by using panasonic found here http://filetrip.net/f3618-SDFormatter-Version-2-0-0-3.html
Then put all the files back on you sd. And see if it works. ( Happen to me before and this method helped)
Also if that doesn't work then make sure these's no cheats on. ( This helps my cousin when this happen)
Hopes it works for you
yaynds.gif

Doom Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT:

Nevermind, figured it out.
Result: Still not working
frown.gif

EDIT 2:

WHAT THE?! It works without launching YSMenu now...
Freezes when I want to create a new game...

jayjames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will ysmenu never work with my R4 SDHC
frown.gif
..... i only have one kernel that works with it 1.19... i dont know where it come from, some guy emailed me it....no other kernel works from all the other clone sites.... ive tried getting ysmenu to work using the guides and i just teh loading screen!!
frown.gif

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jayjames said:
Will ysmenu never work with my R4 SDHC
frown.gif
..... i only have one kernel that works with it 1.19... i dont know where it come from, some guy emailed me it....no other kernel works from all the other clone sites.... ive tried getting ysmenu to work using the guides and i just teh loading screen!!
frown.gif

what's the website for your clone

toto_bod

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello 2 all!
First of all, thx for this tutorial... is the best! I was looking to install YSMenu on my DS for a long time.
Secondly, i installed the YSMenu on mai R4. It works, but when i start a game, the progress bar freeze.
I read the FAQ, and i formated my SD card with the suggested program, but there`s no diffrence.

Any ideea why?

Chuckya

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys!
Thanks for this tutorial
smile.gif
but I kindda have a problem... When I launch a game with YSMENU, the loading bar (grey bar) gets stuck at about lets say...85% (for Mario and Luigi - Bowser's Inside story ( "Mario i Luigi - U Bowserovom stomaku" in serbo-croatian)) and doesn't go futher. Thus, I can't play the game... please help me
wacko.gif
Thanks
smile.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys, the freezing loading bar issue USUALLY gets fixed formatting. It has worked for numerous people. If it doesn't work, you can always try another sd card if you have one.

mekeresh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I get to step "17. Double-click gui.bat that's inside the r4crypt folder. Type 2 and press enter to encrypt firmware. This will output a file called _DS_MENU.DAT"

It doesn't output the file, It doesn't do anything. I have followed the steps exactly as written.

HELP!! I'm dumb.
wacko.gif

Chuckya

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey again, I managed to launch the SD formatter, I formatted my SD card with it but it'es the same result : the loading bar freezes when I try to launch a game with YSMENU. Help me :s

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
mekeresh said:
When I get to step "17. Double-click gui.bat that's inside the r4crypt folder. Type 2 and press enter to encrypt firmware. This will output a file called _DS_MENU.DAT"

It doesn't output the file, It doesn't do anything. I have followed the steps exactly as written.

HELP!! I'm dumb.
wacko.gif
No, you haven't. Nothing happens when you don't have ysmenu.nds in the same folder. Follow step 16 again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Pleasure to meet you +1