OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
chocolater said:
Just wondering as i am not sure how to do this. Where do you get the English folder from?
You didn't follow step 8.

QUOTE(Uinen @ Sep 29 2009, 12:20 PM) I did everything in the guide, but I still have a problem. Whenever I start the R4, it says"Error: can't fatInitDefault." How can I fix this?
What flashcard do you have?

Uinen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, the default files I got from r4ds.com work. Once I installed ysmenu, that message came up when I turned my ds on.

Tyrant00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I choose the option replace firmware, my R4 freezes on the Loading... screen... But when I start YSMenu via the regular .nds everything works fine?

O and how do I add skins?

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Uinen said:
Right, the default files I got from r4ds.com work. Once I installed ysmenu, that message came up when I turned my ds on.
If the default firmware worked and ysmenu didn't, you either have a clone or mis-followed a step. Are you positive you have an original r4? Remember, there are steps original r4 owners aren't supposed to take. If the original r4 steps don't work, follow the extra steps for clones. If you want, PM me with a screencap of your directory so I can help you out better.

QUOTE(Tyrant00 @ Oct 1 2009, 12:15 AM) If I choose the option replace firmware, my R4 freezes on the Loading... screen... But when I start YSMenu via the regular .nds everything works fine?

O and how do I add skins?
What do you mean, the option to replace firmware?

To change skins, scroll down to the second guide on the first page. Everything you need is there.

patpond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one question for triassic...

Does M&LBIS work for you on your R4III Upgrade? I've got the same card, and am just wondering if it's worth the effort. Right now that's the only game that I want to fix.

Thanks!

btw - awesome guide!
yaynds.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
patpond said:
one question for triassic...

Does M&LBIS work for you on your R4III Upgrade? I've got the same card, and am just wondering if it's worth the effort. Right now that's the only game that I want to fix.

Thanks!

btw - awesome guide!
yaynds.gif
To be honest, I've only tried it with this guide, but not with r4ysauto. BIS doesn't work using my guide. Give r4ysauto a shot.

Uinen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working. The second time I tried, the files created from gui.bat were a different size for some reason, and r4patch.dat wasn't created. It works great, thanks for the guide!

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
R4 Clone Fix (R4III, R4.....)

For all R4 III and Clones, at Step 16 It states to change the YSMenu.nds to a _ds_menu.dat file,
Skip that step, and use YSMenu as a .nds file.
YSMenu will run as a secondary firmware, which plays all games.
The only reason I can give for it not working as a bootable firmware is that when its encrypted, it can play Mario, though once decrypted, it loses the ability to access the file properly.

In your sd root, you should have
TTMenu (Folder)
r4dldi.dat (dat file)
r4patch.dat (dat file)
r4tf.dldi (dldi file)
TTMenu.dat (dat file)
YSMenu.ini (Ini file)
YSMenu.nds (the nds file needed to run YSMenu)

Also, you will need to have your R4's Firmware, as the YSMenu will run as a secondary firmware (.nds file).

Put Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story in a game folder. Load your R4, locate the YSmenu.nds file and Have Fun
yaynds.gif
biggrin.gif

The way I found out the problem, was my brothers R4 (Original) was using the exact same files as my YSMenu, though, the only difference was the _ds_menu.dat file, Mine was the output.dat while his was the original _ds_menu.dat file. He was able to play Mario without fault, while mine produced a white screen at start-up. Though, running it as a .nds removes this problem.

This should work for any clone that runs YSmenu

patpond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bluelaserman said:

For all R4 III and Clones, at Step 16 It states to change the YSMenu.nds to a _ds_menu.dat file,
The only reason I can give for it not working as a bootable firmware is that when its encrypted, it can play Mario, though once decrypted, it loses the ability to access the file properly.

TTMenu (Folder)
r4dldi.dat (dat file)
r4patch.dat (dat file)
r4tf.dldi (dldi file)
TTMenu.dat (dat file)
YSMenu.ini (Ini file)

Also, you will need to have your R4's Firmware, as the YSMenu will run as a secondary firmware (.nds file).

Put Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story in a game folder. Load your R4, locate the YSmenu.nds file and Have Fun
yaynds.gif
biggrin.gif

The way I found out the problem, was my brothers R4 (Original) was using the exact same files as my YSMenu, though, the only difference was the _ds_menu.dat file, Mine was the output.dat while his was the original _ds_menu.dat file. He was able to play Mario without fault, while mine produced a white screen at start-up. Though, running it as a .nds removes this problem.

sweetness! thx bluelaserman! I did try the guide in the end, and yea, it does not play M&L 3. I'll give this a shot tho. So just to double check, keep all my original files, but add these files as well, then boot the YSMenu.nds as a game and presto? Sounds too easy.

Thanks again guys, been a pain getting this Mario game to work... sheesh.

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
bluelaserman said:

TTMenu (Folder)
r4dldi.dat (dat file)
r4patch.dat (dat file)
r4tf.dldi (dldi file)
TTMenu.dat (dat file)
YSMenu.ini (Ini file)

yaynds.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh so ML:BIS runs this way?

unknownbuddy6868

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a fix for Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story (U) on the R4 and etc. Simply extract to the root of your micro sd card. Insert it into whatever flash cart you are using. Place it in the nds system. Go to the fix folder “it is named Mario and Luigi …. Fix” and run the file titled RUN ME FIRST.NDS, the same as if you were loading any other .nds file. Your menu etc will change and etc. Don’t worry it has made no changes to the card. Then go to Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story (U) and play as you normally would. Thanks and I hope this helped.
This loads a Fix that I have made and been personally using on my original R4DS, which allows you to play the game without doing anything but extracting it to the root folder.
Any questions email me at [email protected]
Here is the Link to download the fix: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ysj6j1

MAY WORK ON OTHER CARDS HAVE NOT TESTED YET.

patpond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
triassic911 said:

I can confirm that YES, using your method, but keeping the R4III menu intact as bluelaserman said, but just adding YSMenu as an executable .NDS (along with all the other files) that it will run M&LBIS. I'm guessing it will run all new / buggy games that I've been having problems with. It may be a good addition to your guide for those who can't get that one certain game to run.

Now I've got the option of the R4III menu, or using YSMenu
yaynds.gif
tyvm triassic911 and bluelaserman! This is the only thing that worked for my current setup. I've also downloaded the file that unknownbuddy6868 uploaded, but I'm assuming it will basically do the same thing??? Anyways, thanks again ppl it's been quite the run-around getting this straightened out.
rolleyes.gif

ShadowSol

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sooooo... does it work on r4sdhc or not because it says it can work on clones.
plz i need help.

edit: i have v 1.18 original r4 (old) kernal on my sdhc and works (but i NEED that thing for it so i can run newer games)

edit 2: nvr mind, no matter what i do, it won't work on it.

Bluelaserman

Trophies
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
bluelaserman said:

TTMenu (Folder)
r4dldi.dat (dat file)
r4patch.dat (dat file)
r4tf.dldi (dldi file)
TTMenu.dat (dat file)
YSMenu.ini (Ini file)

yaynds.gif
biggrin.gif

This runs ML:BIS without fault to knowledge, though it has froze once, but I think I just bumped my R4-III to hard.
hate2.gif

Feel free to add it to your guide, just give credits to me
tongue.gif

leonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for what seems like a lot of effort in making the guide and all but... yeah I'm not gonna do all that. Why can't we just download the thing and stick it on the card like I did the R4 English firmware way back when I first bought it (it came in Chinese)?

Bluelaserman

Trophies
XP
Country
leonster said:
Thanks for what seems like a lot of effort in making the guide and all but... yeah I'm not gonna do all that. Why can't we just download the thing and stick it on the card like I did the R4 English firmware way back when I first bought it (it came in Chinese)?

This guide is for people who WANT to learn about their firmware, and the way of which it works, if you want a quick fix, use R4YSAuto. Though, Ysauto doesn't work for clones to my knowledge. Also, Yasu has warned us that he wishes no-one to upload/host his files, but instead visit his website to download the file. Thats why no-one is allowed to upload completed YSMenu files.
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...