• Replies 340
  • Likes 69

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) I am still trying to figure out how to dump the save game of Streetpass Mii Plaza (to transfer it from one machine to another). Is it possible to do this?
I'm going to look into this more thoroughly once support for the n3DS is available. I can extract the Mii Plaza data from my primary 3DS and import it into one of my other 3DSes. My gut says you can already do this as I've been able extract the Mii Plaza data with SaveDataFiler. But I haven't looked at the files extensively or attempted to import that data to another unit yet.

My ultimate goal isn't to simply copy or transfer data from one unit to another. What I want to do is create a "perfect save", with all puzzles completed, max army in the conquest game and such. I'd then run that 3DS along side my own while I'm out and about to help people complete their puzzles and such.

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the future, what would need to be done in order to move Gateway cart saves (for .3ds/.3dz games), regardless of whether or not it has 6.0.0 save encryption, to their .cia equivalents? At the moment, savedatafiler can read saves from retail carts and import them to digital copies of the game, so long as savedatafiler is running in CFW and the carts ship with firmware below 6.0.0. However, because emuNAND uses a 4.x key, and savedatafiler/Nintendo's Save Transfer tool can't read a save from a Gateway cart anyway, there doesn't seem to be a method right now that allows us to import Gateway saves to a digital copy of the game.

So, in this case, what would need to be done? I can't exactly wrap my head around how this could be accomplished.

I've tried converting a ROM (pre 6.0.0 at that) from CARD1 to CARD2, and subsequently importing the save into the CARD2 ROM. Unsurprisingly, the game thinks it's corrupted, but I don't have enough experience with this to be convinced that it simply won't work. As we know. CARD2 games can be extracted while in gateway mode, which would mean you can move all your gateway saves over so long as you started the game in CARD2 mode. That's if the game will save as a CARD2 though, and I've not yet tried it. But if that works, it means any new game you start on Gateway would transfer just fine as long as you convert the game to CARD2 before saving. And you could somehow import the save you started on a CARD1 ROM and have it magically work, we would be pretty much set.

Now if only I could decrypt my Alpha Sapphire retail save without a Powersave... That would make me very happy :)

I'm pretty sure all that needs to happen for .3ds/.3dz save -> cia save is for Gateway to fix Card 1 games showing as broken in savedatafiler. They haven't fixed it yet though, and I don't think we've heard from them on that matter.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure all that needs to happen for .3ds/.3dz save -> cia save is for Gateway to fix Card 1 games showing as broken in savedatafiler. They haven't fixed it yet though, and I don't think we've heard from them on that matter.
The issue causing the saves not to show up in savedatafiler is the entire premise behind how Gateway saves work. The GW card itself does all the work for the game, as it writes and copies to and from the .sav file on the SD card. I don't know too much about Gateway, but I believe it has a partition (or chip, whatever you want to call it) that handles saves while they are being used by the game when it is running. This gets deleted whenever a game is saved to the SD card and exited, but I think if they made the it retain the last save it loaded, we would be able to use it with savedatafiler by loading the save directly from the Gateway cart. That sounds like it would be the easiest fix, at least short-term.

By the way, I haven't really thought about this yet, but it occurred to me that I haven't played any of the eShop games I purchased (before getting Gateway) through emuNAND. Since Gateway uses 4.x encryption, will the games that have retail version 6.1 or above tell me the saves are corrupted? If yes, what can I do to (besides waiting for Gateway to handle the save situation of course) to get those saves running in emuNAND? I hope to transfer these to my new3DS once support for that comes out, and I'm going to assume this will still be a problem at that point.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
No. I figured they already knew about that, as it has been an issue for a while now.

I briefly mentioned it briefly and how to replicate whilst I was sending some Ultra feedback. Maybe they just never knew?

Did they respond to your 6.x encryption bug report?

vsevolod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i've been searching and all i can find is savedatafiler.csu and .cia, where/how can i get a savedatafiler.3ds file? thanks!

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I haven't really thought about this yet, but it occurred to me that I haven't played any of the eShop games I purchased (before getting Gateway) through emuNAND. Since Gateway uses 4.x encryption, will the games that have retail version 6.1 or above tell me the saves are corrupted? If yes, what can I do to (besides waiting for Gateway to handle the save situation of course) to get those saves running in emuNAND? I hope to transfer these to my new3DS once support for that comes out, and I'm going to assume this will still be a problem at that point.

I think SaveDataFiler can't export 6.x encrypted save of legit eshop game, because it will be corrupted in emunand.

Err.. I don't have a >6.0.0 eshop game to test that. If someone else could, that would be excellent. I was under the impression that it would work, but now that you mention it, it seems like it might not.
Did they respond to your 6.x encryption bug report?
Only the "sales" person told me that they would pass it on to their tech team and get back to me. I haven't received a response since then.
Edit: Could you add a link to this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...oras-saves-to-gateway-with-powersaves.378513/ to your retail carts section?

Done, it's at the top of the section.

Reactions: Margen67

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err.. I don't have a >6.0.0 eshop game to test that. If someone else could, that would be excellent. I was under the impression that it would work, but now that you mention it, it seems like it might not.

Just as I thought, savedatafiler thinks it is "broken" and won't let me export it. Looks like eShop game encryption is no different than retail carts, because all the retail 6.0+ games I have do that in savedatafiler too.

If Gateway could just load up the 6.x key in emuNAND... I don't see why it hasn't been done yet, and I don't think they're missing anything to implement it; they've hacked damn near everything else on the device.

Reactions: Margen67

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as I thought, savedatafiler thinks it is "broken" and won't let me export it. Looks like eShop game encryption is no different than retail carts, because all the retail 6.0+ games I have do that in savedatafiler too.

If Gateway could just load up the 6.x key in emuNAND... I don't see why it hasn't been done yet, and I don't think they're missing anything to implement it; they've hacked damn near everything else on the device.

Ugh. Ok, I restructured the guide to reflect this. I'm in a rush though, so I might have missed something. Have to go for now.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I want to keep playing my Bravely Default cartridge in classic mode I need to use savedatafiler while my sysnand is still on 9.2 firmware? Is it safe to restore my 9.2 nand after I have downgraded to 4.2?

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I want to keep playing my Bravely Default cartridge in classic mode I need to use savedatafiler while my sysnand is still on 9.2 firmware? Is it safe to restore my 9.2 nand after I have downgraded to 4.2?

You can't use retail carts in savedatafiler. But if you boot in classic mode, and your sys/emuNAND are both at 9.2, then the cartridge should load fine. If you start the cartridge in classic mode and the game doesn't tell you it's corrupted, you're good.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use retail carts in savedatafiler. But if you boot in classic mode, and your sys/emuNAND are both at 9.2, then the cartridge should load fine. If you start the cartridge in classic mode and the game doesn't tell you it's corrupted, you're good.
Ok I will try that. So it is safe to restore a 9.2 nand over 4.2?

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I will try that. So it is safe to restore a 9.2 nand over 4.2?
Did you downgrade to 4.2? I'd say that's a bit risky... You probably could restore it with Gateway as long as it's a 9.2 image from your 3DS, but messing with the NAND makes me nervous. It would be safer for you to find a game with 6.1 or 8.1 or something and update using that. But then if your 3DS was on the internet long enough, it could have downloaded the update files for 9.4, which it will use instead of whatever's on the cart; if it did that, you'd be absolutely SoL. Not sure what I should tell you to do, to be honest. I downgraded my old, beat up 3DS that I just call my "guinea pig" lol. I use that for my xorpads or whatever 4.2-specific stuff I need, and all my games and such are on my 9.2 3DS.

If your 3DS wasn't on the internet though, I'd say it would be safe to use Bravely Default to update. That'll get you on 6.2.

Just be careful.

Reactions: mmn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo