AFAIK, using Riivolution requires you to to create a directory that follows the game's ISO. The game ID for Skyward Sword is SOUE01 (for NTSC). Look over the [Patch Templates] and [Patch Format] notes from the [Riivolution WiiBrew page].
If you were asking specifically about the Twilight Princess re-texture, I'm not sure that ever happened.
We just need to find out how. So, say we have the whole texture pack in a folder called "my stuff" how would we write the XML? What what we choose to replace in the disc to the stuff in my stuff?
I also have no way to get the ISO. My computer doesn't have a disc drive and looking on the internet has yielded no results. I don't now how to extract them either. And from dolphin, if I had someone get them from there, wouldn't have the name that they would inside the game. I was asking if someone could extract them for me :/
I also have no way to get the ISO. My computer doesn't have a disc drive and looking on the internet has yielded no results. I don't now how to extract them either. And from dolphin, if I had someone get them from there, wouldn't have the name that they would inside the game. I was asking if someone could extract them for me :/
Touche... Don't ask me what 2011 me was doing. I know I never replaced a model though.
Maybe it has to due with "- BrawlBox 0.65 - Supports .DAE model exporting, .BRSAR audio editing (don't use for replacement)". I'm sure there is a newer BrawlBox out now that might allow even more.
[0] Requirements:
- WiiScrubber 1.40 (MakeKeyBin.exe for the necessary keys)
- SZS Modifier
- LZ11.bat with DSDecmp (Keep both in the same folder as the file you're working with)
- An image-editing program that can open/save PNG
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ISO (do NOT ask for it here) *NOTE: It's recommended that you make a copy of the ISO and change the ID for the one you're going to edit, since replacing some files tends to cause the game to crash.
Additional/Optional Tools for Editing:
- xdelta and .bat patcher - Create a patch/patch files to use yourself
- Kantilan's brresviewer 1.2 - View BRRES files
- BrawlBox 0.65 - Supports .DAE model exporting, .BRSAR audio editing (don't use for replacement)
[1] Extracting & Decompressing the File: *NOTE: Only ObjectPack.arc.LZ needs to be decompressed. All other arc's can just be opened with SZS Modifier
Open WiiScrubber and load The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.iso
(must have key.bin in the same folder as WiiScrubber)
Open the Object subtree and right-click, Extract ObjectPack.arc.LZ
Drag ObjectPack.arc.LZ to LZ11.bat
Type 0 and hit enter to decompress (the original file is replaced with the decompressed file)
[2] Extracting the Image:
Open SZS Modifier
Click File, Open, and choose ObjectPack.arc.LZ (You will have to change the filetype box to "All Files (*.*)" to see it)
Open the two subtrees, then choose an arc to export (In this guide I will use Alink.arc, where Link's textures are stored)
Right click Alink.arc and click Export Raw Data..
Type Alink.arc and hit Save
Still in SZS Modifier, click File, Open
Choose Alink.arc
Open the two subtrees, then to edit a texture, open the texture subtree.
Click on a texture to preview it
Double click the preview image to open the Texture Edit window
Click File, Export
Type the name of the texture and click Save.
Open the image in your graphics editing program and edit away...
[3] Replacing the Image:
(This is basically just going to go backwards)
In the SZS Modifier Texture Edit window click File, Import
Choose the edited PNG and click Save
In the main SZS Modifier window, click File, Save
Then click File, Open
Choose ObjectPack.arc.LZ
Open the two subtrees and right click on Alink.arc
Click Import Raw Data.. and choose Alink.arc
Click File, Save (Close SZS Modifier)
[4] Compressing & Replacing the File: *NOTE: Only ObjectPack.arc.LZ needs to be recompressed. All other .arc's can just be replaced in the ISO.
Drag ObjectPack.arc.LZ to LZ11.exe
Type 1 and hit enter to compress (the decompressed file is replaced with the compressed file) *Note: Compressing ObjectPack.arc.LZ takes around 4 minutes
In WiiScrubber, right click ObjectPack.arc.LZ and click Replace
It will reparse the ISO and then you're done!
______________________________________________________________________
Files that need to be decompressed:
- ObjectPack.arc.LZ
- *.brresC (from PLCompItem.arc)
The files in the screenshot are all BRSTMs. You can make your own BRSTMs with BrawlBox, or download some from Smash Custom Music. After you have all the music that you want, then just rename each file to the name of its corresponding file that you want to replace.
The files in the screenshot are all BRSTMs. You can make your own BRSTMs with BrawlBox, or download some from Smash Custom Music. After you have all the music that you want, then just rename each file to the name of its corresponding file that you want to replace.
I can't get SZS Modifier to recognize ObjectPack.arc.LZ. I think it's because I didn't decompress it, due to WiiScrubber not reading the ISO properly. Instead I just extracted as is from Dolphin. I would put a screenshot here, but I can't seem to insert images successful (it could be cuz I'm new, but it's broken in the preview too). WiiScrubber looks like this:
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, XBOX has launched pre-orders for the XBOX 25th Anniversary Collection. For the occasion, the trailer below was aired.
This...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...