Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide to the letter, including downloading your YouTube video, and doing exactly what the video did (except that I installed from WADs because I don't have a wireless network). As for the WADs used, I followed the links you gave (NUS Downloader) and created the WADs as instructed there. I made sure I verified everything twice (or more) before continuing to the next step. I have successfully installed Preloader, and it runs. However, I seem to be having two problems.

Problem 1: When installing cIOS, it says it can't find the WAD. In your guide, you didn't make it clear as to what WAD I would need (quote: "You will need a network connection for this-- if not you'll have to find the wad file and put it on the root of your SD before the install."

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mouser X said:
Problem 1: When installing cIOS, it says it can't find the WAD. In your guide, you didn't make it clear as to what WAD I would need (quote: "You will need a network connection for this-- if not you'll have to find the wad file and put it on the root of your SD before the install."

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2136746

This guy apparently had the same problem. I had 3.4u on my system when I used your guide as well. It looks like I have some work to do, to get this fixed. What's IOS60, where do I get it (I can ask that, right? It's not a ROM/WAD/ISO/piracy request, right?), and how would I install it? And, without a network, how do I install 4.0/4.1?

Thanks for your (surprisingly) quick reply. I'll grab the IOS38 WAD and see how that goes. But, based on the post I linked (I guess I should have read deeper in this thread), it looks like I'm going to need a little more help here.
frown.gif

I really don't have time to work on this any more right now. I have to leave for work. Hopefully I'll be able to get this figured out when I get back. Thanks again. Mouser X over and out.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mouser X said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2136746

This guy apparently had the same problem. I had 3.4u on my system when I used your guide as well. It looks like I have some work to do, to get this fixed. What's IOS60, where do I get it (I can ask that, right? It's not a ROM/WAD/ISO/piracy request, right?), and how would I install it? And, without a network, how do I install 4.0/4.1?

Thanks for your (surprisingly) quick reply. I'll grab the IOS38 WAD and see how that goes. But, based on the post I linked (I guess I should have read deeper in this thread), it looks like I'm going to need a little more help here.
frown.gif

I really don't have time to work on this any more right now. I have to leave for work. Hopefully I'll be able to get this figured out when I get back. Thanks again. Mouser X over and out.
That guy simply messed up in the same way you did. IOS60 is in the guide that tells you about upgrading (even without a network).

You installed SM 4.x without installing IOS60. Since 3.x and 4.x use different IOSs, this caused your brick.

There's a hex edit that will let you fix your NAND to work on v3, but I just saw this thread that has an app to do it for you. You might find it easier to try to restore your NAND and do a Nintendo update via network. I know you don't have a network connection, but if there's any way possible, this would make it much easier. Maybe a friend you can go to or something?

afgzgo93ther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, i need help. I softmodded my wii completely. im currently playing a backup of a game.i followed all the steps.

what i need help in is that i installed neo gamma r7 in the homebrew channel. i want to change this option and install it as a channel using the other method. i tried deleting the other neo gamma r7 files and tried the other step but i get that error -1022 while installing the neo gamma channel. I think i need to uninstall neo gamma r7 from homebrew. how do i go about doing that.

one more quick question. Everytime, i turn on my wii, that black screen comes up, i think its the preLoader asking if i want to go to the menu, the homebrew channel and a bunch of other stuff. How would i remove this because i dont want my kids to make a mistake and mess it up. I've heard that i can delete the preLoader file from the sd memory and save it on my computer for future.

Thanks guys the guide. worked 100% with no problems and i didnt backup my NAND. =]

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afgzgo93ther said:
what i need help in is that i installed neo gamma r7 in the homebrew channel. i want to change this option and install it as a channel using the other method. i tried deleting the other neo gamma r7 files and tried the other step but i get that error -1022 while installing the neo gamma channel. I think i need to uninstall neo gamma r7 from homebrew. how do i go about doing that.First of all, nothing is ever "installed" to the HomeBrew Channel. Every time you run the channel, it looks on your SD card for boot.dol files inside of your apps folder and loads them up. So this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Is your .wad file in a folder called "wad" on your SD card? Lots of people make the mistake and name the folder "wads" instead. Could just be a bad download too. Try re-downloading it and try again.

QUOTE(afgzgo93ther @ Aug 26 2009, 06:09 PM) one more quick question. Everytime, i turn on my wii, that black screen comes up, i think its the preLoader asking if i want to go to the menu, the homebrew channel and a bunch of other stuff. How would i remove this because i dont want my kids to make a mistake and mess it up. I've heard that i can delete the preLoader file from the sd memory and save it on my computer for future.
No that is BootMii. In PreLoade (that black screen that pops up), you just change one of the settings to autoboot the System Menu. Once you do this, the screen will not pop up anymore and the only way to get back to PreLoader is to hold your reset button while powering on the Wii.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing really yet.

Some of the NAND stuff can let you play VC and WiiWare games from a NAND thus unlimiting your storage space. (TriForce)

But the big thing will be in Rev15 if Wanin can get it to work.. you'll be able to emulate the NAND from another Wii entirely and it will look as if you're running another Wii.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh ok ....wii modding has come a long way....last time i checked you couldn't to much and all we had was the twilight hack....

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys, i'm currently stuck at step 3!!

i'm trying to run TBR thru HBC but after i press load....nothing happens.just black screen!

am i missing something, help!

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you pressing any buttons while it's loading? TBR gets pissed off when you are impatient.

Other than that.. I have no idea what you're doing wrong because no one else has had this problem. Go back and try to read through the steps again and see what you're doing wrong.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not at all, other than pressing A to load TBR. heres the deal....

i bought a brand new Sandisk 2gb card 2day as i was having loads of trouble with diff micro cards. i actually installed HBC with a 1gb micro sd and was able to run snes9x no probs other than unable to save yesterday but all day today on both cards im using, some of the icons are missing from the install buttons and nothing happens when i press load. have formatted and reloaded files to both cards on several occasions now!

i also have some sort of weird folder appear in snes9x folder beside roms that i cant delete!?!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lostbhoy said:
not at all, other than pressing A to load TBR. heres the deal....

i bought a brand new Sandisk 2gb card 2day as i was having loads of trouble with diff micro cards. i actually installed HBC with a 1gb micro sd and was able to run snes9x no probs other than unable to save yesterday but all day today on both cards im using, some of the icons are missing from the install buttons and nothing happens when i press load. have formatted and reloaded files to both cards on several occasions now!

i also have some sort of weird folder appear in snes9x folder beside roms that i cant delete!?!
your trippin.
reformat your sd card and try again.

skeezer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome Guide, only thing is I tried installing Bootmii as an IOS because it didnt let me intall bootmii as boot2, however It said it failed to install. Why is this happening? Thanks for any help

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

This is usually caused by removing your SD card/card reader from the computer without using the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon near the Windows clock.
Windows doesn't always write information to the card immediately, so if you remove it without warning, sometimes it can leave files in an unusable state.

CHKDSK can fix the problem. You need to run it from a command prompt, and you need to know the drive letter of your SD Card.

Use chkdsk as follows:

Click the Windows START button and choose RUN (or hold the Windows logo key on your keyboard and press the letter r)
Then type cmd and press enter or click ok
(you will see a command prompt window come up)
now type: chkdsk e: /f
(change the e to the drive letter of your SD card. The /f tells chkdsk to fix errors it finds)
It will take a minute or so. If you see a message asking if you want to convert things to files, tell it NO (the files are of no use, they are corrupted anyway). Just make a note of what files/directories have a problem, since you will need to replace those files on the card.
You can now close the command prompt window.

Now you can replace the files/folders that chkdsk reported as having a problem.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for that ozguy....very helpful.
smile.gif

i have now managed to run TBR up to the run DOP-IOSv7 part. As my wii is not connected to net, i have downloaded NUS downloader but it will not open on my pc. i get the error msg....

"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). click on ok to terminate the application"

upon double checking my folders i have the wad files required but when trying to run DOP-IOS it says cannot find on card checking the internet then initializing network....

GhostMD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi

thanks for this very clear guid

but I got a problem

when I tried to install bootMii

at first he said that I can only install it when as IOS

because boot1 prevent boot2 install

after that I do as he said & install it as IOS