Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

Evil-rain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,
first thanks for your guides...they're by far the most accurate that i've seen around...
Have a problem with my Wii...i have a regular IOS 60 installed, since i got the console already hacked but upgraded to 4.0 with Nintendo update...i've upgraded the cIOS 38 to Rev 14 but having a newer wii i cannot install BootMii as boot2 so i've installed preloader (after patching IOS36). This haven't solved the fact that having an original IOS 60 i cannot run wads from the sd...i've tought to manually patch the IOS, but then i remembered that installing preloader cause it to patch the IOS60 to make it work with preloader...so if i patch it, then preloader won't load anymore the system menu...reading around some people say that preloader can be reistalled, others say that HBC won't allow you since it detects that's already installed....on the other way if i upgrade the FW (currently 4.0E) to 4.1 using a Waninoko updater that should overwrite preloader, allowing me to upgrade, patch the IOS60 and then "fresh reinstall" of preloader....are my tought alright?
Moreover i don't have a wireless connection, so i have to do that offline...is it possible?

Thanks in advance

skeezer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostMD said:
Hi

thanks for this very clear guid

but I got a problem

when I tried to install bootMii

at first he said that I can only install it when as IOS

because boot1 prevent boot2 install

after that I do as he said & install it as IOS

but if fail & this message shown

QUOTE said:
Monting SD card....

FAILD(-1).

what I do..?

Exactly same problem I have.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evil-rain said:
Hi all,
first thanks for your guides...they're by far the most accurate that i've seen around...
Have a problem with my Wii...i have a regular IOS 60 installed, since i got the console already hacked but upgraded to 4.0 with Nintendo update...i've upgraded the cIOS 38 to Rev 14 but having a newer wii i cannot install BootMii as boot2 so i've installed preloader (after patching IOS36). This haven't solved the fact that having an original IOS 60 i cannot run wads from the sd...i've tought to manually patch the IOS, but then i remembered that installing preloader cause it to patch the IOS60 to make it work with preloader...so if i patch it, then preloader won't load anymore the system menu...reading around some people say that preloader can be reistalled, others say that HBC won't allow you since it detects that's already installed....on the other way if i upgrade the FW (currently 4.0E) to 4.1 using a Waninoko updater that should overwrite preloader, allowing me to upgrade, patch the IOS60 and then "fresh reinstall" of preloader....are my tought alright?
Moreover i don't have a wireless connection, so i have to do that offline...is it possible?

Thanks in advanceInstalling a Wanin updater will not overwrite PreLoader. A Nintendo update will, but I don't believe you can do it without a network connection.

skeezer said:
GhostMD said:
Hi

but I got a problem

QUOTEMonting SD card....

FAILD(-1).

what I do..?

First make sure you're doing all of the steps right. Make sure everything is on your SD card and any and all folder directories are properly named.
If that doesn't work try a different SD card. There are some issues with some cards. Are either of you trying to use SDHC?

GhostMD

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
skeezer said:
GhostMD said:
Hi

but I got a problem

QUOTE said:
Monting SD card....

FAILD(-1).

what I do..?

Hi

I used another SD card & it work

Evil-rain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But after an original update i will have to repatch all of my IOS right? don't know how much things will affect the update from 4.0 to 4.1...
In your opinion, best to try this way or simply try to patch the IOS60 and reistall Preloader? As far as you know it's true that it can be reinstalled?

Thanks very much for the help

asavotin

Trophies
XP
Country
Dear friends,

Very nice that we have such kind of forums. It was the first explanation of how to install TBR in the clear form. Thanks a lot!

So, I faced a problem when i started to downgrade IOS15.

The TBR started to download files from NUS, i wait few seconds and then the message with error has occured.

The file with message is attached.

Did somebody have such kind of problem? What i have to do to fix that?

(PUH that nothing was bricked, seems that error occured during of downloading)

My Wii is the following:
1. Europian PAL version
2. ver of System menu is 4.1E
3. LEH209...
4. I have installed Homebrew and BootMii as IOS

Looking forward for your quick answer.

HisServant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I get to the step the Install the IOS36 Patch I get an error every time. I also get an error if I try to move on to the next CIOS step. I assume it is because the Patch didn't work.

Also, I make a NAND backup and just tried to restore it to make sure all was as it should be and it gave me the error that it is for a Different Wii. But I just make the backup right off the same Wii! Any help would be appreciated!!

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asavotin said:
Dear friends,

Very nice that we have such kind of forums. It was the first explanation of how to install TBR in the clear form. Thanks a lot!

So, I faced a problem when i started to downgrade IOS15.

The TBR started to download files from NUS, i wait few seconds and then the message with error has occured.

The file with message is attached.

Did somebody have such kind of problem? What i have to do to fix that?

(PUH that nothing was bricked, seems that error occured during of downloading)

My Wii is the following:
1. Europian PAL version
2. ver of System menu is 4.1E
3. LEH209...
4. I have installed Homebrew and BootMii as IOS

Looking forward for your quick answer.
Have you tried it again? Make sure you watch the video and make sure you do exactly what it does. If not try another SD card.

QUOTE(HisServant @ Aug 28 2009, 02:43 PM) When I get to the step the Install the IOS36 Patch I get an error every time. I also get an error if I try to move on to the next CIOS step. I assume it is because the Patch didn't work.

Also, I make a NAND backup and just tried to restore it to make sure all was as it should be and it gave me the error that it is for a Different Wii. But I just make the backup right off the same Wii! Any help would be appreciated!!
You too.. make sure you are doing everything exactly as it happens in the video. If it doesn't work, try another SD card. Also there is a bug with the new HackMii installed that gives that error. If you're really needing to resotr your nand, search for the hex fix. Or just look around for a v2 installer and it will work fine. Note that your NAND backup is perfectly fine-- it's just a bug with the program when it goes to restore.

urban_ryoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I'm having a problem with this regarding the backup loader. I have NeoGamma R7 RC4 installed with IOS249 Rev 14 running. I've tried burning several backups ( Wii Sports, RE4, Punch Out) and for each one I get DVD Read Error 1101. I don't know if I have caused an issue in an earlier step or I'm just having several similar issues in dvd copying (I've been burning at my lowest speed to try to avoid any issues). Is this error I'm getting common and is there a solution to it or should I try again ? I backed up my nand before any of this and my Wii isn't bricked as far as I can tell.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this will still all work fine if i use a micro sdhc (sandisk 4gb) in a micro sd to sd adapter?? that seems to work for other purposes... if the sd isnt compatible the wii will simply not read the files, no chance of serious problems?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urban_ryoga said:
Hi

I'm having a problem with this regarding the backup loader. I have NeoGamma R7 RC4 installed with IOS249 Rev 14 running. I've tried burning several backups ( Wii Sports, RE4, Punch Out) and for each one I get DVD Read Error 1101. I don't know if I have caused an issue in an earlier step or I'm just having several similar issues in dvd copying (I've been burning at my lowest speed to try to avoid any issues). Is this error I'm getting common and is there a solution to it or should I try again ? I backed up my nand before any of this and my Wii isn't bricked as far as I can tell.What type of disks are they?
QUOTE(baffle-boy @ Aug 28 2009, 06:51 PM) this will still all work fine if i use a micro sdhc (sandisk 4gb) in a micro sd to sd adapter?? that seems to work for other purposes... if the sd isnt compatible the wii will simply not read the files, no chance of serious problems?
No chance of any real problems. You might get some errors with some apps because it's still an sdhc card. But certainly nothing stopping you from trying it out.

vinijones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Great Post! But I have a question, after I install boot mii 2 as an IOS I will always see the hackmii menu on startup? Or there's some way around it? Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I guess this is the place for it
rolleyes.gif

Once again, nice post! Just Perfect!

vinijones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Great Post! But I have a question, after I install boot mii 2 as an IOS I will always see the hackmii menu on startup? Or there's some way around it? Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I guess this is the place for it
rolleyes.gif

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vinijones said:
rolleyes.gif

If it's coming up on startup then you have it as boot2 and not IOS (which is good).

Refer to this post about how to stop it from coming up every time.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=176499&hl=

urban_ryoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vinijones said:
rolleyes.gif

:edit:
This only occurs if bootmii is installed via boot2. Otherwise, you should install the other app that is recommended here in addition (the preloader). Even if you could, you don't want to disable bootmii at startup because it defeats the purpose of the application.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urban_ryoga said:
vinijones said:
rolleyes.gif

:edit:
This only occurs if bootmii is installed via boot2. Otherwise, you should install the other app that is recommended here in addition (the preloader). Even if you could, you don't want to disable bootmii at startup because it defeats the purpose of the application.
*sigh* Blind leading the blind..

I'll say again.. if you don't fully understand what you're talking about, please do not try to help people. His question was already answered. Your post is wrong and misleading.

Disabling BootMii at startup is done purely on the SD card. Which means all you have to do is alter the SD card and it will load at startup once again.
In a similar way, you can "disable" PreLoader and it will no longer show during startup, but you can still access it by holding reset.

afgzgo93ther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright guys, i have a very important question. I fully softmodded my wii and installed neogamma and now i want to make an NAND backup. I do not have a gamecube controller. i have a regular wii remote and nunchuck

i was thinking of buying the gamecube controller but wanted to ask if instead, I can buy the classic wii controller. Will it work making a NAND backup. this is the link to the controller. http://cgi.ebay.com/Classic-Controller-Gam...id=p3286.c0.m14

will it work. Thanks. And once i get it, how would i back it up because i have installed neogamma, wad manager, cios38r14 installer and trucha bug restorer and preloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.