Hacking GUI USB Loader

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem that just popped up with this loader. It will not install a game. The install screen pops up for a second then it says its done, but the game isn't there. The first and second versions worked for me yesterday. I moved to cios rev 10 and now its broken. Can anybody confirm that the cios is the cause of the install feature going bye bye? If it's not that, what else might it be?

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Did up a nice little reskin for Kongnutz most recent build (correct me if I'm wrong there)

Big thanks to Giantpune for getting me up to speed on how to compile.
I'd be glad to hear any comments or suggestions, thanks guys!! Enjoy!

Download

Pics
20090413-IMG_0686.jpg

20090413-IMG_0689.jpg

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@giantpune

Had the same problem, tried it with a new empty drive, that worked. Not sure whats going on but I'm not able install on my original drive, only the drive that was formatted after CIOS rev10

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
giantpune said:
I have a problem that just popped up with this loader. It will not install a game. The install screen pops up for a second then it says its done, but the game isn't there. The first and second versions worked for me yesterday. I moved to cios rev 10 and now its broken. Can anybody confirm that the cios is the cause of the install feature going bye bye? If it's not that, what else might it be?

it installs for me, and i`m on cios rev 10. i have no idea what causes the problem for you though...

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Works like a charm;) but i only get a the picture shown after i clicked on it and cancel the Message Window.
Anyway there much more possibilities with libwiigui i think the best would be to make a new look we could make it complete without the List and fade in the game pictures make them clickable show the start game screen and so on (libwiigui make it easy possible
smile.gif
)

Here is what i have at the moment:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1UANQW4J
Pictures must be named like this RUUP.png so only the first four characters and most likely you need to resize them i had pictures with 160x225 and changed them to 160x224 (lol one pixel)
Then if you click on a game and cancel you will see the picutre fade in
wink.gif

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
nIxx said:
Works like a charm;) but i only get a the picture shown after i clicked on it and cancel the Message Window.
Anyway there much more possibilities with libwiigui i think the best would be to make a new look we could make it complete without the List and fade in the game pictures make them clickable show the start game screen and so on (libwiigui make it easy possible
smile.gif
)

Here is what i have at the moment:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1UANQW4J
Pictures must be named like this RUUP.png so only the first four characters and most likely you need to resize them i had pictures with 160x225 and changed them to 160x224 (lol one pixel)
Then if you click on a game and cancel you will see the picture fade in
wink.gif

nice,this could become the coverflow actually,im not a big fan of the list.

so when are you going to release the source for it?
biggrin.gif

i`m going to translate it to finnish.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys seen this yet? I couldn't find anybody talking about it here so I thought I would mention it. It is a version of the loader using a libwiigui gui. Looks like it's still in development, but it looks promising.

Source

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adam_the_1st said:
@giantpune

Had the same problem, tried it with a new empty drive, that worked. Not sure whats going on but I'm not able install on my original drive, only the drive that was formatted after CIOS rev10

I reformatted my drive last night after I went to the new cios. I also went from 100gb to 464gb. I used the Wii to set the wbfs. I am still able to add games with versions of the ultimate loader that were made before cios 10, so I don't think I'll be reformatting the drive again. It appears to be a bug in this version. A bug that I can live with.

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
nIxx said:
It´s still a bit buggy when i get everything working like it should i definatly will release it.

@adam_the_1st: In the root but it´s only a test
wink.gif

Here another test version shouldn't freeze and shows the picture if you point on a game
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UIG1YSIT

it`s buggy for me, the gamelist is messed up when i move the cursor a top of the gamelist the whole screen starts to shake and flicker.

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nIxx said:
It´s still a bit buggy when i get everything working like it should i definatly will release it.

@adam_the_1st: In the root but it´s only a test
wink.gif

Here another test version shouldn't freeze and shows the picture if you point on a game
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UIG1YSIT
regardless it looks, really nice. I was having trouble scrolling though. Good stuff regardless.

MickeyBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I sincerely hope that you will soon reach a final version with all options Ok
Force Video (PAL / NTSC)
Language
Ocarina
Covers (XXXXXX.png) & noimage.png

For I wish not to keep a single version of the USB Loader and it will be yours I think
wink.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the root. And pictures must be divisible by 4 or 2 i´m not sure now for example 160x224 works.

In SDRoot:\ not SDRoot:\images for testing i doesn´t used any directory
smile.gif

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
MickeyBlue said:
I sincerely hope that you will soon reach a final version with all options Ok
Force Video (PAL / NTSC)
Language
Ocarina
Covers (XXXXXX.png) & noimage.png

For I wish not to keep a single version of the USB Loader and it will be yours I think
wink.gif

I hope so too! lol (TGAMES_USB_LOADER!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2x6pu6vSjU