GUI USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by trottolo, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

GUI USB Loader by trottolo at 7:57 AM (136,100 Views / 0 Likes) 847 replies

1. trottolo
    OP

Newcomer trottolo Member

Italy
    hello guy,

I'm starting to programm a nice gui (Graphic User Interface) for the Waninkoko's USB Loader....bythe way I'm not good in graphic and so who want help me to draw the picture?

Only to clarify I want produce a GUI like the HomeBrew Browser so you can see the image of the games.....

[​IMG]

Thx
    AMS

2. helloforum

Member helloforum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wouldn't it be great if you could somehow implement the game's original banner.

3. Jay84Jay

Newcomer Jay84Jay Member

United States
    [​IMG] possible..

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada

Would be a wonderful idea. Hopefully someone implements it.

5. trottolo
    OP

Newcomer trottolo Member

Italy
    This coul be easy if smoebody know how the system menu is reading the banner information.....is there a homebrew that perform this operation?

6. djbubba2002

Member djbubba2002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Haiti
    like this .. we are are making ...
    if anyone wants to help , pm me .. I took it down becasue of something ..

it is still in testing ...

Yes i know the Game is spelled Wrong , if it gets leaked..

7. helloforum

United States
    [​IMG]
    (Screenshot stolen from Wii Homebrew Launcher)

Something like that with banners from the games would be great, but probably not achievable.

8. oneleggedjack

Member oneleggedjack GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hell's ya, cant wait. Quick question, are you going to release the source? or make it so we can customize the background image? Either or I'll still be using it! DOPE! [​IMG]

9. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    I still think custom channels for each game are best - you get a free, and good GUI, you can drag the things around, you get the banners and stuff, and you get it instantly (no loading up yet another app to do it)

The only downside is that you have to make the channels individually (or get someone to make them for you)

10. trottolo
    OP

Newcomer trottolo Member

Italy
    This is nice .... could you send me the background, the arrow, the sqare for the iso ( I prefer to put or 9 or 6 or 4 iso in a single view....16 are too much!) all the stuffs whitout text.....

At the beginning I want to read the banner from the sd like the homebrew browser.....

Regards

11. helloforum

United States
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Wii_Homebrew_Launcher

12. trottolo
    OP

Newcomer trottolo Member

Italy
    wonderfull....this was what I was looking for the starting point!

13. rajnika

Newcomer rajnika Advanced Member

France
    I'd love to see an iTunes like GUI like this (only the part with boxart, replace music boxart by games boxart), switching games with + / -, adding a cursor (wiimote). XML format for games + boxart .png and why not a small description. Well something clean. With 1 or 2 button switch in list view.

[​IMG]

14. richy

Newcomer richy Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  15. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    is there public code to read & display animated banner from games, like the disc channel do ?

it's very possible to create a nice gui with libogc GX functions, at least using 2D rendering
    3D rendering (like the links above) would require more intensive work though (development of 3D models based on cardboxes) and was probably made easier for nintendo since they already have all the necessary 3D libraries

16. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was thinking since there are currently libraries to implement png files, a simple loader/wrapper program could wrap a boxart around 3 sides if it were a certain size spec to a white rectangular box like the starlight menu.

I don't know shit as far as coding goes but that looks like a good starting point...

We all could very well scan our own boxarts and make a thread or refer to an online library like cdcovers.cc for boxes not currently in our possession or if we don't have access to a scanner. I'd gladly scan my boxarts for everyone too if anyone wants to try that....

17. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    First: Paint is a big fail [​IMG]

Now, I realy hope this IS true...I'm starving for a nice GUI...But I'm always a little sceptical when a new member posts things like that... [​IMG]. I realy hope and want to belive that this isn't another trick...(nice try, mousex , sadly I have seen it on April, the second [​IMG]).

Anyways, I can give you one name that made a an awesome GUI, and that is Kenney. Oh, and I would also be pleased to help at one.

Kenney:
    [​IMG]
    Me:
    [​IMG]
    (10-Minutes work..only a basic Idea)

Oh, and currently I'm trying to make a Mockup for a Cover-Flow GUI. Will post it here then, I think..[​IMG].I want an awsome GUI, if possible..[​IMG]

18. rajnika

Newcomer rajnika Advanced Member

France
    Kenney one is AWESOME!

19. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    I second that. It's the best one, and simply awesome!!! This is for me still the best one and still should be made...

@Coverflow-Layout:
    [​IMG]
    Quick and dirty, a 5 Minutes work...There are a lot of open-source CoverFlows, don't know that would help, but there are many...Basic Idea is that you can browse like in coverflow, and when you move a cursor to the right, a bar comes up, with some functions (rip games, sort, etc...). If you would select a game, you will see more Infos, like Controllers, etc...

20. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    The coverflow doesn't have to be 3D, think about it, it would look almost as good as in 2D. Resizing the pictures of course. And personally, I would prefer it in white rather than black. Like my iPod. Little more Wii-ish. I agree that something proper needs to be done.. Kenney and coverflow being the best options.