GTA VI development footage supposedly leaked

1663493684196.png

GTAForums user teapotuberhacker has seemingly leaked footage from an early build of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto VI overnight. The alleged leak contains some 52 minutes of playtime over 90 distinct videos. Many clips feature a female lead, which seems to corroborate Bloomberg's July report that the next GTA game will feature a female protagonist. Many shots also feature a landscape that appears reminiscent of Miami, in an apparent callback to Rockstar's 2002 installment, VIce City. However, the setting appears to be in a different town altogether, as in-game signs and police cars bear the name "Port Gelhorn".

The clips jump between active in game playable scenarios, and basic development testing. Physics engine vectors and object names appear throughout the videos, and many NPCs appear less detailed and unpolished compared to the player character. It's unclear when these videos are alleged to have been initially produced. Early work on GTA VI began in 2014, but full scale development likely only began in earnest after the release of Red Dead Redemption II in 2018. If this leak represents recent development footage, the game is likely at least a few years from release.

The leaker joined GTAForums today, and also claims to have in his possession source code and assets from GTA V and GTA VI. He posted several screenshots of the supposed code on that forum, and hinted he may have plans to dump that as well. Only time will tell whether this constitutes actual development footage, but if fake, this would likely constitute hundreds of hours of work to create such convincing forgery.

:arrow: Source

Additional YouTube links of aggregated footage 1 2

Update: above links are no longer functioning due to complaints issued by Take 2 Interactive, you can find an archived version here

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw a video saying R* confirmed the leak is real and they're trying to remove all footage from the web.. good luck with that.

This chick has a big butt. I don't know why, but that was the most memorable thing. 😆

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A new age of DRM where you can only play the game if you own a NFT of the console, and the game.
a new age of drm and metaverse where you can only play the game if you own all other games

Reactions: LainaGabranth

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 was hardly dull, it was contender for best in the series (though it probably goes to san andreas)
So dull I finished the story multiple times. 😆

GTA IV had a Tarantino-esque story and I loved that. For me, Niko is one of the best GTA characters if not the best, imo.

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So dull I finished the story multiple times. 😆

GTA IV had a Tarantino-esque story and I loved that. For me, Niko is one of the best GTA characters if not the best, imo.
Yeah so dull guys haha, I truly loved Niko too and he was probably the protagonist with the best goal, not just out there to "get out of the hood" or just "be rich" and the way they did the two expansions with 3 stories colliding was done far better than GTA V's character switching mechanic

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm thinking these leaks are intentional to test public reaction, drum up attention, and to make adjustments necessary to appeal to the masses at large.

Worked for Sonic.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want these sort of homophobic comments to gather that much power then maybe the very first thing you should do is to stop using that made up "straight cis" term that's obviously used in a pejorative and confrontational manner.

If you really want homophobia to go away then stop giving it such a spotlight and stop spreading segregation and confrontation between "us" and "them", between "cis" and "fluid", between "hetero" and "homo", and start treating everyone the same way regardless of their sexual orientation.

Also, maybe it'd be a good idea to stop antagonizing a group that represents 99% of the population (literally, the "cis" outnumber you 99 to 1).
oppression isn't because of labels, it's because of characteristics that someone doesn't like. labels only describe that characteristic. and for many oppressed groups back then (when oppression was very high), people in that group would form a community together, and eventually develop their culture.

it's now, that everyone is starting to be more accepting of these groups, that we're also starting to see the other cultures that have been developed. and that's when you get the "lgbt destroying muh game" stuff, lol. this also explains why younger generations don't mind, because they're growing up with this change as supposed to feeling the change.

epic assumptions about me in your last line btw lol

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking these leaks are intentional to test public reaction, drum up attention, and to make adjustments necessary to appeal to the masses at large.

Worked for Sonic.
Sonic.. Frontiers?

I'm still not gambling in pre-ordering a Sonic game. Sega has screwed customers one too many fuckin' times.

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
oppression isn't because of labels, it's because of characteristics that someone doesn't like. labels only describe that characteristic. and for many oppressed groups back then (when oppression was very high), people in that group would form a community together, and eventually develop their culture.

it's now, that everyone is starting to be more accepting of these groups, that we're also starting to see the other cultures that have been developed. and that's when you get the "lgbt destroying muh game" stuff, lol. this also explains why younger generations don't mind, because they're growing up with this change as supposed to feeling the change.

epic assumptions about me in your last line btw lol
there aren't even that many people saying that "lgbt destrying muh game", just look at this thread and count the number of comments saying that vs the total number of comments, it's just a bunch of dumbasses, but they are given way too much spotlight and then everybody else who hasn't said a single homophobic thing is grouped toguether with those few that have.
So I ask again, do they really care about ending homophobia? Cause all I see is both sides adding gas to the fire and constantly trying to keep it alive, both groups constantly trying to differentiate each other rather than trying to come closer as a whole. We are no loger citizens of the same country but members of urban tribes.

hooky1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bit it will be as poorly written and dull as 4 and 5. another dead overhyped series
I have started replaying GTA 4 after a 14 year gap (on a 55 inch 4K HD tv as opposed to a 22 inch CTR ....) and must say I find it hugely entertaining.

Regarding GTA 5 I agree totally. I found it quite dull & uninteresting and traded it in a couple of months after I bought it.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even if that's legit, and recognizing that yeah a version does run on PS3 and 360, I think the best we could hope for would be a Switch version. And even then, I have to imagine that a shit ton of optimization would be required to get it working on the Switch at a playable level. Wii U might be able to get the game booted with ridiculous unplayable dropped frames, but I can't fathom an actual version worth playing could ever be made for the Wii U (but man on man would I love to be wrong on that matter). Honestly, at this point, I'm surprised that a Cloud version of GTA V hasn't come to the Switch yet. Considering all the other versions of the game available, and at the very least the Switch could handle a cloud version as we've been seeing more and more of lately.
When I typed I said joking, but gosh... it would be awesome to see GTA V on Switch and especially on Wii U.

But I doubt anyone can do this even if the source code leaks.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has to be one of the greatest leaks of all time. The fact that someone managed to get footage of GTA6 of all games and just leak it out there is fucking absurd. heads will be flying at rockstar LMAO

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
there aren't even that many people saying that "lgbt destrying muh game", just look at this thread and count the number of comments saying that vs the total number of comments, it's just a bunch of dumbasses, but they are given way too much spotlight and then everybody else who hasn't said a single homophobic thing is grouped toguether with those few that have.
So I ask again, do they really care about ending homophobia? Cause all I see is both sides adding gas to the fire and constantly trying to keep it alive, both groups constantly trying to differentiate each other rather than trying to come closer as a whole. We are no loger citizens of the same country but members of urban tribes.
i never said that a lot of people were saying that, nor am i bundling anyone in with that, lol. i just replied to one dude, and then explained why some people in general might say something like that for any media.
yeah it'd be great if absolutely everyone could just "forget" about everyone's characteristics, but as long as gay person is gay, homophobic people will notice and judge. and as long as people as a homophobic person is homophobic, everyone else will notice and judge.
also it's not like oppressed groups are only dealing with individuals, they're dealing with systemic problems that are still gonna be there until they're resolved.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo