UK police arrest 17 year old over recent Rockstar Games hacks

Instant 5 stars, me lad

City of London police, supported by the National Crime Agency's cyber crime unit, have detained a 17 year old male from Oxfordshire, United Kingdom over what appears to be an investigation regarding the recent and monumental Rockstar Games leaks of last week as well as other hacking attempts possibly related to Uber Technologies.

Rumours circulating on Twitter suggest he was operating as part of the hacking group Lapsus$. He remains in police custody at this time.

More details are expected to be released by the police or possibly FBI later today.

:arrow: Source

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly doesn't deserve anything more than a slap on the wrist. The majority of the blame falls on Rockstar for failing to secure their shit.
Yea dumb kid sonic dumb shit for online clout

Could have been much worse but he didn’t do rockstar no harm. Yes I’m sure it sucks to have your work shown off early

But..who cares everyone’s ego will be repaired soon enough

Now if he did something with Uber with money maybe..it makes sense. But for messing with a game company. This is all blown out of proportion

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it the hacker and the leaker are two separate people, right? Because the leaker was part of the dev team or Rockstar iirc. So it couldn't have been this 17yo kid..

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SimisFul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I take it the hacker and the leaker are two separate people, right? Because the leaker was part of the dev team or Rockstar iirc. So it couldn't have been this 17yo kid..

The hacker accessed what looks like videos sent to other developpers through Slack, these videos were very likely not recorded with the intent of leaking them but rather simply to discuss whatever was being worked on at the time of recording.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: