Gaming GTA San Andreas won't boot

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,812
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
I downloaded GTA san andreas from steam and it is recognized by nvidia geforce experience. I booted into the game 1 time and everything seemed perfect. Then i closed the game and windows 10 told me they applied some compatibility settings to the game. And when i tried to play the game, it wouldn't boot (thanks windows). I have already tried running the game as administrator, sfc/scannow, and checking the registry to see if there was a problem with .exe files (there is no problem with it). The geforce experience however still detects the game and gives me the full path to the main .exe file, but the play button does nothing. Any fix?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I downloaded GTA san andreas from steam and it is recognized by nvidia geforce experience. I booted into the game 1 time and everything seemed perfect. Then i closed the game and windows 10 told me they applied some compatibility settings to the game. And when i tried to play the game, it wouldn't boot (thanks windows). I have already tried running the game as administrator, sfc/scannow, and checking the registry to see if there was a problem with .exe files (there is no problem with it). The geforce experience however still detects the game and gives me the full path to the main .exe file, but the play button does nothing. Any fix?
Windows didn't do that on its own, you clicked yes on the prompt asking you to do it.
Anyway, they can be easily disabled from the exe properties like @tech3475 said.

Reactions: Deleted User

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now it says that i need a new app to open the .exe file
go to my documents/my games/ your gta game and delete the folder (back it up if you care) then uninstall the game from steam and reinstall the game from steam then try again
also if you pirated it run it as administrator.

D

Deleted User

OP
go to my documents/my games/ your gta game and delete the folder (back it up if you care) then uninstall the game from steam and reinstall the game from steam then try again
also if you pirated it run it as administrator.
the problem with the app to run the .exe files dissapeared by typing "%1" %* into the exefile default value. But that specific file will still refuse to open. Should i just get a clean .exe from the internet?

D

Deleted User

OP
Setting compatibility mode to windows 7 and running as admin solved the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs