- Jul 14, 2007
- Walking the path of heaven
News Source: SiliconeraQUOTE said:A Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars flyer circulating at NYC Comic Con this past week revealed some very interesting tidbits about how Rockstar plans to use the DS’s Wi-Fi capabilities. As a big fan of developers pushing weaker hardware, I couldn’t resist posting this.
Here’s what the flyer reads:
* All new replay feature allows you to replay all of your favorite missions
* Nintendo Wi-FI mode means head-to-head and co-op multiplayer mayhem
* Stat tracking and leaderboards that track your criminal career
* Epic storyline with tons of side-missions, addictive mini-games and hidden collectibles
What’s impressive here is not just that Rockstar is including multiplayer in the game, but that they’re including co-op multiplayer and stat-tracking, which is nothing short of amazing considering this entire affair is going to be on the Nintendo DS. It’s kind of hard not to get excited at the thought of portable GTA with multiplayer.
Every single time I read about Chinatown Wars, it seems more and more likely that this will be the game that gets me back into GTA, which I stopped enjoying after the series went full-3D. Part of it has to do with the fact that the game is set in Chinatown - a welcome change from San Andreas and Vice City and what have you.
Seems there was some confusion in what you can actually do in the game. Here is what you actually do:
- online interactivity does not include multiplayer
- multiplayer is local system play
- online connectivity allows sharing of locations, chat features, and item-trading with friends
- stats can be uploaded to the Rockstar social site
- “special contests, events, and promotions” are coming
News Source: JoyStiq