Great War-like RTS games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GameSoul, Feb 1, 2009.

1. GameSoul
    OP

GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

Mar 21, 2008
    United States
    Illinois
    Does anyone have a list of RTS games like Summon Night: Twin Age and FF: Revenant Wings where you control armies of monsters to attack? I've really been getting into this genre and I need more games to play! Thanks. [​IMG] Here's also a list of most of the RTS games I've played, it's really short obviously:

LostMagic
    Final Fantasy XIII: Revenant Wings
    Summon Night: Twin Age

I think I've played more but I can't remember all too well. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. fateastray

fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2007
    Netherlands
    Ninjatown
    Robopocalypse
    And the one with the Naruto looking kid...

3. rauthelegendary

rauthelegendary GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2007
    Netherlands
    Summon Night isn't a RTS as far as I know... that's just a hack & slash game.

Anyway, Robocalypse is probably the best RTS out there for the DS and there was another childish game in which you controlled squarrels and a giant yellow thingy... I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember...

Naruto looking kid is probably Lock from Lock's Quest? That isn't really a RTS. You just build a fortress and kill anyone that comes in, still a good game though.

4. sprogurt

sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2006
    robocalypse seems pretty good to me! homebrew wise a touch of war is a pretty awsome homebrew, it had me hooked for 3hr sittings O_O

5. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Yeah, though none of those games is truly an RTS, they definitely are some of the better games to offer RTS-like gameplay.

As already mentioned, Robocalyse is probably one of the few true RTSes on DS, and Heroes of Mana could also probably fit in that category. There are a small handful of others, but none I can think of that are worth actually playing.

6. eine

eine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2008
    try LoTR:conquest.
    doesn't have the "RTS", but do have the "War".XD

a fair-good game on the DS.

7. pEpz

pEpz Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Qc
    can't go wrong with Robocalypse

one of the few games on DS i couldn't stop playing until the end.

8. Rod

Rod GBAtemp Fan

May 16, 2008
    Brazil
    Isn't Blue Dragon Plus like that? It's coming out this month, if I'm not mistaken.

PS: Damned, I LOVED Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings when I first played it. That game made me buy a PS2 just to play the original FFXII, Christ's sake!