Great War-like RTS games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GameSoul, Feb 1, 2009.

Feb 1, 2009

Great War-like RTS games? by GameSoul at 9:50 AM (1,323 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. GameSoul
    OP

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    Does anyone have a list of RTS games like Summon Night: Twin Age and FF: Revenant Wings where you control armies of monsters to attack? I've really been getting into this genre and I need more games to play! Thanks. [​IMG] Here's also a list of most of the RTS games I've played, it's really short obviously:

LostMagic
    Final Fantasy XIII: Revenant Wings
    Summon Night: Twin Age

I think I've played more but I can't remember all too well. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Ninjatown
    Robopocalypse
    And the one with the Naruto looking kid...

3. rauthelegendary

Member rauthelegendary GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Summon Night isn't a RTS as far as I know... that's just a hack & slash game.

Anyway, Robocalypse is probably the best RTS out there for the DS and there was another childish game in which you controlled squarrels and a giant yellow thingy... I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember...

Naruto looking kid is probably Lock from Lock's Quest? That isn't really a RTS. You just build a fortress and kill anyone that comes in, still a good game though.

4. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    robocalypse seems pretty good to me! homebrew wise a touch of war is a pretty awsome homebrew, it had me hooked for 3hr sittings O_O

5. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, though none of those games is truly an RTS, they definitely are some of the better games to offer RTS-like gameplay.

As already mentioned, Robocalyse is probably one of the few true RTSes on DS, and Heroes of Mana could also probably fit in that category. There are a small handful of others, but none I can think of that are worth actually playing.

6. eine

Newcomer eine Advanced Member

Philippines
    try LoTR:conquest.
    doesn't have the "RTS", but do have the "War".XD

a fair-good game on the DS.

7. pEpz

Newcomer pEpz Member

Canada
    can't go wrong with Robocalypse

one of the few games on DS i couldn't stop playing until the end.

8. Rod

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Isn't Blue Dragon Plus like that? It's coming out this month, if I'm not mistaken.

PS: Damned, I LOVED Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings when I first played it. That game made me buy a PS2 just to play the original FFXII, Christ's sake!