Gran turismo 5 delayed

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
The years-in-the-making Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed. The game was slated for release this March in Japan, but publisher Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that the game's release date is now TBA.

In an official release, Sony stated the release date will be announced at a later date. The company also apologized for any trouble that this delay has caused.

GT5 was first announced at the E3 gaming expo in Los Angeles back in 2006. According to GT series creator Kazunori Yamauchi, Gran Turismo 5 has cost $60 million to make. The game will feature over 1,000 automobiles and 20 different locations.

The game was playable in 3D at the recent CES show in Las Vegas. Sony previously announced it was shooting for "Summer 2010" for a Western release. No word on how this delay will impact those plans.
source:kotaku

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I hate Shift... I hate how they sell it as a 'simulation racer' but encourage dirty driving (to get some 'stars' in some races you must spin/hit other racers). If I want an aggressive racing game, I'll play Burnout thank you. And Forza 3 FTW. Only thing that had me slightly interested in GT5 is it's IRL, NASCAR & WRC licenses... but I'm assuming they'll be half assed additions to the game (here's 3 tracks, here's the cars, now go race... and WRC probably won't even be traditional rally, just 'rally cross').

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
maybe TBA = April
i think we have seen much later delays (ie. FF13... oh lets not forget the greatest delay, Duke Nukem Forever which should have been called Duke Nukem Eternal)
they really have to adopt well to the difficulty and stuff on the PS3 so it does not get too complex as GT4 on the Ps2 was quite... difficult

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1