'Kena: Bridge of Spirits' delayed to September

kena.PNG

Ember Lab's Kena: Bridge of Spirits was slated to launch on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC (EGS) next month but the release has now been pushed back. Taking to Twitter, the developers announced that they have taken this decision to delay the game so as to "polish the game across all platforms".

The new release date for Kena: Bridge of Spirits is now set for September 21st.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: Xzi and Mama Looigi

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
who play games in august? all people are in move during holiday or vacation, delay the release day is a wise choice tho.

ChrisMCNBVA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to get this at one point but i'm not sure now not because of the delay in release date just not sure about the gameplay

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

who play games in august? all people are in move during holiday or vacation, delay the release day is a wise choice tho.
I'll be playing psychonauts 1 and 2 in august for sure and no more heroes 3

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As long as they don't cancel the PS4 version it's fine for me, this will give them time to polish both versions more, plus with the extra time the PS5's installed base will become a little bigger boosting the game's sales success.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Sure, it's better than releasing now if that's the case.

But man this happens so much these days, I don't see the point of release dates anymore. When we used to get release dates it meant something and it always was done right, we were usually never confused by it and had one day to look forward to and hype for.

This just feels unprofessional to show the companies don't know the state of their game and to make good estimates anymore. If you aren't sure about it then don't announce a date at all, there's no downside to that. Give a date once it's almost basically completed.

Though it really doesn't matter much to me, it just feels stupid to see dates thrown around and getting pushed back all the time as if someone on their team keeps saying "I'll finish this tomorrow, imma get some pudding".

Maybe it has become a marketing tactic to gain more attention, who knows. Modern marketing is so crazy it could be a thing. :P

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Polish the game across ALL platforms? I really hope that's not the case this late in the game, maybe it's the PS4 version causing problems as usual.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm off to make a meme about those who complain about delays, spoiler alert it will involve cyberpunk as a reminder of what happens when launching broken games.

Reactions: Cyan

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
eh, epic exclusive, i'll sail the seas for that one, not hyped, take your time devs.
I'll usually go for the PS5 version in cases like these, unless it can't be found at a reasonable price (physical or digital). The THPS 1+2 remasters for example are great games, but the publisher/rights holder is Activision, so they make stupid decisions where exclusivity on PC is concerned. Of course it goes without saying, but fuck EGS and Tim Sweeney.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: ZeroFX

prism_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Holy F, I don’t really care for this delay, but damn. The wave of delays lately… just stop announcing release dates completely until 100% sure that date can be hold.

Especially with COVID now everyone should know things can take longer, which is completely fine. Just hold off on telling everyone the games coming out on "X Date" maximum tell people which q of the year the can expect the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over