GPU Fan mod options?

Anakin1138

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced the main fan on my modded xbox yesterday, but I'm noticing the GPU fan (I have version 1.0) sounds something like a jet engine. I'm thinking of picking up some lithium grease and canned air and trying to clean it up and see if that helps, but I'm curious if anyone has any replacement/upgrade options that have worked for the fan. I saw a video on youtube where someone replaced it with a fan from a mini-itx motherboard, but didn't list the part.

Any experiences or successes anyone can share?

Thanks.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I replaced the main fan on my modded xbox yesterday, but I'm noticing the GPU fan (I have version 1.0) sounds something like a jet engine. I'm thinking of picking up some lithium grease and canned air and trying to clean it up and see if that helps, but I'm curious if anyone has any replacement/upgrade options that have worked for the fan. I saw a video on youtube where someone replaced it with a fan from a mini-itx motherboard, but didn't list the part.

Any experiences or successes anyone can share?

Thanks.

Hello.:)

A little Research:

- Many Users replaced it with an passive Heatsink.
- Many Users used the Iceberq Pro Fan as replacement.
- Also some Users disassembled the Fan and used 10W-30 Motor Oil to get rid of the Noise.

Thank you.:)

Anakin1138

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

A little Research:

- Many Users replaced it with an passive Heatsink.
- Many Users used the Iceberq Pro Fan as replacement.
- Also some Users disassembled the Fan and used 10W-30 Motor Oil to get rid of the Noise.

Thank you.:)
Thanks. That third option is what I'm planning to do in the short term, but I'd love to find a long term fix. Thanks for the lead on the Iceberg Pro Fan. It looks like some had success with the Iceberq 4 in terms of fit, but it's hard to find. I'd be curious what passive heatsinks people have had luck with. I've had trouble finding leads on heatsinks from later versions of the xbox (I think this was the only version that used the fan).

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over